Week 3 Weigh in! not impressed

Ailish

one day at a time....
I've just come back from the chemist from my week 3 weigh in. How i didn't punch the chemist i'll never know!!!:mad:

I went in popped on the scales and she went "oh dear only 3lb's gone this week, i take it you've cheated" I told her i'd stuck to it 100% (as i have done every week) and she basically tried to convince me that i must have cheated as i only lost 3lb. (i actually started questioning myself, did i cheat... were those dreams real???):eek:

In the end the chemist said " ah well your probably just bloated".

I think the chemist was having a bad day.... but now i'm completly unmotivated and i'm really annoyed with myself i've just had a ciggarete (i gave up 4 months ago)
i suppose the only concelation i have is that i now feel really guilty over smoking, so glad i didn't cheat as i can imagine how guilty i would feel.

Apologies for the rant , i guess i just needed to get it out of my system. Thanks for listening everyone x

You've lost over a stone in 3 weeks!
the weight loss will slow down and some people only loose 3 or 4 lbs a week. When i first did lipotrim 5 years ago, i had a big loss the first week and then it was always around 5lbs. Keep going chick, you're doing great xxx

My average loss was 3 lbs a week, which is in Line with 1 stone a month which is what LT states you will lose...

Any thing over 3lbs is a bonus....

Don't worry, it's just another chemist that knows nothing !!

I really do think we should start naming and shaming these fools !!

One of the three guys at boots that weighed me was like that. Just ignore them, most of them don't have a clue! Your body does go through ups and downs throughout the diet. I had two weeks where I stayed the same (which when you've been 100% is a real kick in the teeth) but one of the other nicer pharmacists said the ups and downs are normal. But as everyone has said 3lbs is a good loss anyway! I averaged 3lbs after the first week.

You have done practically a stone in three weeks - you should be thrilled. Don't let this woman get to you.

Well done on your loss.

thanks everyone, i've calmed down now, suppose i have to look at the total weight loss of 17lbs in 3 weeks, which is good. Its just this diet is so hard you don't need anyone being condesecending. Its bad enough everyone at work things i'm crazy for starving myself.
Only people who have done this diet can truly understand the effort it takes.

Roll on week 4! i'll show that chemist woman next week ha ha ! x

Thanks again for your support, i wouldn't get through this without you all x x

hey youre well over your 1 stone a month target.. she must have just been in a bad mood and clearly hasnt got a clue what shes on about. If your losing over a stone in a month its a bonus.. you are right on track..in fact youre ahead of the next station lol..just keep doing what youre doing,,and if she keeps annoying you like that and making you doubt yourself ask to chance to a different person! thatll show her.......!!! xx

Don't take any notice of her..she doesn't know what she is talking about.

My weight loss fluctuates and 3lbs isn't unusual for me.

Well done to you. 3lbs is a good loss.

Unbelievable, some of these pharmacists are bloody clueless aren't they? Take no notice whatsoever sweetheart! Look at some of the weekly stats that people have posted on here, min for instance:D and you'll see that, with very few exceptions (one of them being 4lb a week Su) people lose varying amounts on this diet even when they are being 100%!

Just don't let it upset you, and when you do weigh next week pluck up the courage to tell her that she's talking bo77ocks! Ok?

Incidentally, you're doing brilliantly and don't let some brainless mare try to tell you otherwise! X

Hey.. dont let it get you down.. your weight loss as been awesome so far. 3 lbs is a great loss.. if you keep losing that every week you will be very lucky. Dont take any notice of the chemist, though it wasnt very nice what she said. But just think that you are losing weight at the recommended rate for Lipotrim and keep at it... you are doing fantastic :) xox

Well done and don't worry bout people questioning u.. U know u r on this programme 100% and u should always take a loss as a great week no matter how big...
Keep going and staying strong :)
Jez

17 lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic! I'm sick to death of hearing horror stories about chemists and chemist assistants who are happy to sell LT & make money, but are clearly receive no training in how to deal with people. You are paying her wages with your custom, how dare she speak to you like that! She is there to support, encourage and motivate you to continue so you will end up loosing weight and THEY will make a profit! Everybody gains! Don't take any crap from her again and congrats on not letting her put you off plan!

HI Ailish, have quickly read you posts, just about to rush off to work but I just wanted to say that you're doing great, 3lb off is still a good loss! Will comment properly later, I'm a week behind you and we have similar weights so will keep an eye on your progress :D

Keep up the good work xx

I don't get it, 3lbs is an amazing loss, its bang on Target. A month is 4.5 weeks long remember.

Also what everyone seems to forget is that your base metabolic rate has a massive influence on your ability to lose at the recommended rate. My BMR is very low, only around 1700 calories a day. The average for a woman is 2000 calories a day. This means that over the course of a week I burn 2100 calories less just at rest than the average person, that's 2/3rds of a pound and its reflected in my losses.

Chemists, and dieters, need to be educated on the basics like this and understand that we are *all* different regardless of being 100% or not, if our BMRs are not the same (not even taking daily activity into account, another massive influence) then you cannot compare your losses with anyone else. I'm tired of people being made to feel like somehow they failed because their particular body happens to burn less calories than the average. This diet is hard enough. All losses should be congratulated and celebrated, every ounce is a struggle and all of us are doing amazingly well.

Cookeh, how do u work out your MBR?
Lisa x

It's always approximate but if you Google "base metabolic rate calculator", try a few out then what I did was take the lowest as my baseline. Hope that helps x

Thanx, I'll have a look x

Yeye said:
Thanx, I'll have a look x

I have an iPhone app that tells you your bmi and bmr just asked for age height in ft and inches weight in lb and that's it ..... If anyone would like I'll work it out for you? It cost me .59p so may aswell make use of it :)

My pharmacy tech is about 17 and has no idea what day it is and she has very little to say that makes sense, I'v been told by the pharmacist that I know more about lipotrim than even he does and I'm guessing he is the one with the training??

Anyhow you have done great.
well done and keep it up :) xxx

Aw thank u, I googled it n figured it out but thanx for the offer hun x

I had this, this week. First week I lost 13.3lbs, second week 7lbs and this week I don't think I am going to lose anything!! In fact, my scales fluctuate between my 2nd week weigh in and 1lb more!! I haven't cheated, REALLY I haven't, I drink 4 litres a day and i find this so demoralising. I have done this diet twice before and never not lost anything so early on in the diet. I think I am probably ovulating at the moment, does anyone think this may make a difference?? I am keeping going anyway, got nothing to lose and still 5 weeks to go before holiday. I know what you mean tho, so demoralising when you haven't cheated and are really trying.
BermudaGirl
x

Back