week 3 weigh in

judi2302

:confused:Only lost 1lb this week - feeling really down as this coming week will be my last. I simply can't afford to pay for this diet any longer. Times are tight as they say.

Gonna make this week my best and up my exercise. Lots of things going on at home which aren't helping and for the first time I slipped up and ate one slice of bread and a few slithers of cheese which I suppose was enough to ruin my weeks diet.

you have done really well so far,Tesco do their own meal replacements,even though they don't satisfy me as much as cd ones,but maybe you could substitute one or 2 of your meals using them,for less than cd. Good luck with your last cd week,and you can always keep popping on here! Also back of cd books has some good guidance on which real foods to eat x

Thanks Mrs Taurus, I will look at the back of the book, and this diet has made me realise how I eat too many carbs (i don't like meat much).

So I am going to count calories and eat a lot more chicken and tuna and less pasta, baked potatoes and bread.

Hi judi

Sorry to hear that you will not be continuing with CD, good luck with carrying on with losing weight. I would have thought that the lower loss this week could be related to the massive loss in week 1, followed by achieving a very respectable loss in week 2. Remember, this is a diet that we can lose one pound in a week and considerably more the next - for some people there isn't a predictable and logical weekly pattern but it all comes off in the end.
I am sure that you have carefully looked at your individual/family finances before making a decision about the viability of continuing CD but I do know without any doubt that I spend more on food when I don't do CD - with lots of additional costs beyond the supermarket bill (bars of chocs, spontaneous snacks from the bakery, take-aways)
However, I do understand that we all have different routines and this kind of food spending could be quite specific to me.
Wishing you well with calorie counting, lots of luck x

Yep, its all a bit complicated, my OH pays for all the bills and food shopping, while my wages pays for the upkeep of two lads aged 20 and 15. The eldest is at uni and supporting him through it and he has just been finished up in his part time job.

So the money I am saving my OH in food doesn't save me anything:(. Maybe after Christmas I can do it again, or MAYBE if I tell my OH that I'm stopping he'll offer to go halves. Can't see that though because I don't think he likes me doing this diet.

Guess what there may have been a reason for only losing 1lb this morning I found out it was my TOTM.

I'm 54 and thought all that had stopped, well for the last 10 months anyway. So perhaps thats why my weight loss has slumped.

Back