* Week....

BrittW

Timelord
Also known as TOTM, Ladies Week... etc...

It might be TMI so i apologise, but we're all friends here!

I've got the Implanon implant in my arm and I haven't had periods in a LOOOOONNNG time. (About 5-6 years?!)
I came on randomly on Christmas Day (Boo!) And it lasted for the normal 4 days. However, not more than a week later and i've come on again... :-S

I'm a bit concerned if i'm honest and I also wanted to know if anyone knows the affect * week has on weight loss as if it hinders me i know i will get disheartened... :-( xoxo

I thought it was on the news here in Ireland that Implanon had been recalled here and in the UK cos of a fault - don't panic, but something like 200 women in something like 50,000 got pregnant, so women have been told to check with the doctor. Hope that helps x

Yep there have been a few problem reported but it doesn't mean yours is dodgy because you got a period. My sister started to get them randomly towards the end of the 3 years, could that be the case with you?

* week usually means a smaller loss for me, some people get a small gain but it's gone the next week.

I'd contact your GP (or whoever inserted it) to ask their advice as it's strange you've suddenly had a period now after so long. It could be that it needs replacing with the new version after the older ones have been recalled.

I find I sometime retain water and it sometimes mean I stay the same, however as soon as it's over i'm back to normal so the next week makes up for it. So in the long run periods shouldn't have any impact on your weight loss.

Back