weekend away packed lunch

BritneyDean

Hello.
Going away this weekend.
Evening's and breakfasts will be fine. But the daysw we will be out at theme parks.
I know they'll have typical burger bars and chicken places. But what do I eat???
I was thinking I could take a packed lunch. So it'd need to be able to keep fresh in my bag for a few hours and be something filling ad im going to be on the move most of the time.
Dows anyone have any suggestions?

I dont eat bread by the way ;)

Thankies!!

Hello.
Going away this weekend.
Evening's and breakfasts will be fine. But the daysw we will be out at theme parks.
I know they'll have typical burger bars and chicken places. But what do I eat???
I was thinking I could take a packed lunch. So it'd need to be able to keep fresh in my bag for a few hours and be something filling ad im going to be on the move most of the time.

Thankies!!

Can you look on the theme parks web site? As most now tell you what food they actually sell. There might be a jacket potato option? Or salads or something?

It was oakwood in wales.
Terrible theme park. And terrible food choices.
I took a tub of savory rice to snack on. Thank gawd.
All they had was... chips. Burgers. Hot dogs and ice cream.
Seriously. Oh and nuggets and pies and chips in the other bit.

Hello.
Going away this weekend.

Thankies!!

Here is a thread I made a while ago when I stayed in a hotel overnight. I named it the Slimming World survival kit lol...

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/300510-slimming-world-survival-kit.html

It was oakwood in wales.
Terrible theme park. And terrible food choices.
I took a tub of savory rice to snack on. Thank gawd.
All they had was... chips. Burgers. Hot dogs and ice cream.
Seriously. Oh and nuggets and pies and chips in the other bit.

That's a shame. Was the restaurant not open? They do jacket potatoes and salads according to my mate who goes there quite alot? Atleast you had your savoury rice tho

That's a shame. Was the restaurant not open? They do jacket potatoes and salads according to my mate who goes there quite alot? Atleast you had your savoury rice tho

Restaurant was open, but because it's not busy season, they only had ONE staff working and they only had nuggets, chips, pies, savories, and sandwiches (mayo and cheese and everything I couldn't have).

SO many rides not open. and the ones that were, were on time rotation with other rides. and the rabbit ride was broke, no music playing. The best thing about the place was the arcades. I found it shocking that the enrty fee was the same as if I was going in August when everythings open, and you get the firework display in the evening.
I won't ever go back to Oakwood. Will spend the £21 entry fee elseware now.

Heatherton world of adventures... different story. What an awesome day out =D

Back