Weekend blowout :( Mentions FOOD!

minirog

Silver Member
It was my mum's birthday this weekend and she cooked a BIG meal for all the family. She cooked some of my fave things (don't think this was deliberate!). I avoided all this and sat at the table through their 3 courses and just ate my one grilled chicken breast and three tbs of broccoli.

Then.... she gets out 'tea' and it includes roast chicken, makerel, hot bread, cheeses, trifle, bread pudding chocolate cake and more!

Then... we all sit round that table (with the food still on it) to play a game. Man!

I was actually crying it was so hard. I ended up eating :( :(

I ate 1,500 calories! I had 175g roast chicken (no skin) 1 slice of bread (no butter), cherry tomatos...... and then a slice of chocolate cake and a piece of bread pudding. Topped off with 5 thorntons chocolates.

I hate myself. I am so so stupid.

I ended up eating 1,900 cals in total yesterday and (as I'm on the 810 plan) that is over TWO DAYS allowance :(

I'm going sole source tomorrow until the end of the week, but I'm stressing so so badly.

I really hate myself right now. I hate being fat and ugly and I just wish I had a normal relationship with food. Why did I eat the cake AND the bread pudding AND the chocates. I could saved myself about 750 cals if I'd just had the birthday cake and chicken. So so DUMB!

Sorry.... rant over :(

It might be 2 days worth on Cambridge... but it's less than recommended daily allowance for an adult female to maintain. I say it could have been much worse, my old binges when I was not concious of eating used to reach 4000 cals at least!!!

Draw a line, forgive yourself and get back on it. The binge is only truely a bad thing if it knocks you completely off the diet, don't let this happen. xxx

stop being so down and upset with your self... its a: a special occasion and b: like lindsy has said, its less than the average for you to maintain. so dont look at is so badly.

you dont want to do it every day (by the sounds of your beating to yourslef) so dont let it happen over and over.
try and add a little exercise (even if its a short walk) to help you burn off those calories....

chin up ok..

hun its done now, put it behind you
hope back on board the wagon and the glycogen and water will be gone in no time, youve not gained fat hun, you didnt eat anywhere near enough for that to happen

Thanks everyone.

I just weighed (although my weigh in day is officially Wednesday) and I have not lost any weight so far this week :(

2 days to go and it's not looking good :(

It was my mum's birthday this weekend and she cooked a BIG meal for all the family. She cooked some of my fave things (don't think this was deliberate!). I avoided all this and sat at the table through their 3 courses and just ate my one grilled chicken breast and three tbs of broccoli.

Then.... she gets out 'tea' and it includes roast chicken, makerel, hot bread, cheeses, trifle, bread pudding chocolate cake and more!

Then... we all sit round that table (with the food still on it) to play a game. Man!

I was actually crying it was so hard. I ended up eating :( :(

I ate 1,500 calories! I had 175g roast chicken (no skin) 1 slice of bread (no butter), cherry tomatos...... and then a slice of chocolate cake and a piece of bread pudding. Topped off with 5 thorntons chocolates.

I hate myself. I am so so stupid.

I ended up eating 1,900 cals in total yesterday and (as I'm on the 810 plan) that is over TWO DAYS allowance :(

I'm going sole source tomorrow until the end of the week, but I'm stressing so so badly.

I really hate myself right now. I hate being fat and ugly and I just wish I had a normal relationship with food. Why did I eat the cake AND the bread pudding AND the chocates. I could saved myself about 750 cals if I'd just had the birthday cake and chicken. So so DUMB!

Sorry.... rant over :(

why are you being so hard on yourself? it wasn't that bad. yes it was 1900 cals but in the whole scheme of things it's not that bad. i bet you've never analysed as much as you did yesterday, never thought so much about what goes into your mouth as you did. you know what you ate, you know how many cals etc that is the start of taking control over your eating. you didn't just stuff and thought nothing of it.

you did really well and i bet in a couple of days you'll be back at it, focused, in ketosis and your weight will not have changed.

remember you have to eat 3500 cals to put on 1lb. that is an over eat of 500 cals a day. if you need 1800 cals a day and you're doing the 810 then you are almost in 1000 cal deficit a day.

It might be 2 days worth on Cambridge... but it's less than recommended daily allowance for an adult female to maintain.

that's the general rule of thumb however, it is goverened by your BMR (basic metabolic rate) and the thinner you are the less cals you need per day. i know that at 11st 7lbs with the exercise i do my BMR is 1800 cals a day. if i eat more than that i put on weight. now i'm lower in weight i will probably need even less than 1800 cals or up my gym based exercise every week to cover it.

that's the general rule of thumb however, it is goverened by your BMR (basic metabolic rate) and the thinner you are the less cals you need per day. i know that at 11st 7lbs with the exercise i do my BMR is 1800 cals a day. if i eat more than that i put on weight. now i'm lower in weight i will probably need even less than 1800 cals or up my gym based exercise every week to cover it.

Was just summing it up to help make my point that this binge is not the end of minirog's journey and all is not lost.

Hun, dont be so hard on urself. You have done well so far! it was a minor slip up! it happens! x x

Think I've probably eaten the same amount of calories myself tonight - just because I was left in the house unattended with food and not because I was in a social environment where it was expected that I'd eat.
As the others have said what's done is done - just focus on tomorrow and aim to be 100%. CD is a "quick fix" to get the weight off (although not an easy way), learning to keep it off forever is another challenge altogether and your "splurge" is part of you learning how to manage and keep the weight off you long term. Remember how you feel now and keep that memory close when the evil calorie stuffed food is calling. You can do it!

Back