Weekly Gain

GracieMai

I have gained 1lb a week for the last 2 weeks, I've been sticking to plan so not sure why I keep gaining :cry:. WI tonight and I feel like another gain is coming my way! Any ideas why this is happening and any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks x

Have you honestly been sticking 100% to plan? Have you had your HEX's? Have you had your syns? Do you write things down? What plan are you following red/green/EE?

Apart from star week you won't put weight on by sticking to plan. Do you keep a food diary on here? It may also be worth asking your consultant for one to hand in to her next week so she can see if you are going wrong anywhere.

Let us know the sort of things you have been eating and we can try to help you.
Jay x

I've been doing Green mostly, my consultant has seen my food diary and says it looks fine, i can only think i've been eating other stuff without thinking about it or writing it down (or i'm a sleep eater lol!). I havent been having all my HEX's to be honest and the only thing i've been eating thats different is lots of Asda low fat strawberry yoghurts, assuming they are free. Mmmm probably should have checked that out before i ate so many of them, i will do the online syns and find out. Maybe i have sabotaged my own eating plan without thinking about it, doh!

Thanks for the reply. x

Asda Low Fat Strawberry Yogurt 125g pot

red.gif
Original 1½ Syns
green.gif
Green 1½ Syns

Not a lot of syns but may have made a difference.
Have a 100% week, write every little thing down before you put it into your mouth (to prevent Slimmer's amnesia), eat 1 or 2 A's and 2 B's a day and see the difference it makes.

It will make a difference, I promise!

Thank you, I will do that, need to get those gained pounds off again! Right i am on a mission this week to write everything down, i think i have a serious case of slimmers amnesia. Thank you so much again x

Hi GracieMai,

If you are doing mainly Green days, you may find it helps if you mix things up a bit. Try doing 1 or 2 Red days or a Mix 2 Max day. I find shaking things up a bit is the best way!

Also do you eat plenty of speed and super speed foods? These can really make a big difference.

Hope that helps, xx

Also Huni as a word of advice...if you are not eating all of your HeA'a and HeB's, they become syns instead. It is better to eat them all if you can.

Thanks for the replies. I will try having a good few red days this week, maybe my body is getting bored with green. I have eaten lots of speed foods but there is always room for more.

Do they really become syns if you dont have them?!!! I've just been having 1 hi-fi bar a day as my HE B and not having the other, so if thats right i'm having an extra 6 syns a day :0 !

x

It is good to mix it up a bit but don't forget, vegetarians lose weight successfully on green days, they don't have the option to change plans!

I used to do mostly green (for cheapness) but tend to veer towards the EE now (mainly cos it's so easy!), so don't worry too much. Just vary what you eat on green if that's what you want to follow.

Good luck this week, you can do it!

Do they really become syns if you dont have them?!!! I've just been having 1 hi-fi bar a day as my HE B and not having the other, so if thats right i'm having an extra 6 syns a day :0 !

x

Yes this is what I was told by my Consultant. It is important to have at least 1 HeA (although you can have 2) and 2 HeB.
Dont fret over it, but I would make an effort to have them all.

Also Huni as a word of advice...if you are not eating all of your HeA'a and HeB's, they become syns instead. It is better to eat them all if you can.

I heard this a while back so i asked my consultant and she said its not true. There is also a post on here somewhere regarding SW 'myths' and this is one of them!

I think this means, for example, if you have only 250mls of skimmed milk and not 350mls then you should syn the amount of milk you use as you are not using the full amount a HEX allows.

Yeah I'd heard that recently too on a thread debate...that it's a SW 'myth' that if you don't eat a full HE portion it becomes syns.

Woo hoo! I finally had a loss this week yey! Lost 1.5lb and got Slimmer of the Week. x

Back