Weekly Motivation!!

Lighterlifer

Silver Member
:p Hey everybody, I thought it would be a nice idea for us all to post what we talked about in our weekly meeting. Today we talked about excuses, making them and how they get in the way of us losing weight!! Some classic examples were.... "I don't have time to prepare meals," solution is to plan your day the night before and take an extra 10 minutes out of your time to do this, another excuse is " I don't have time to exercise," solution, you can exercise anywhere anytime, you dont have to join the gym, or go out running, try it hen you oding the hosuework, while your ironing put some music on and have a little dance, it may not work miracles but it will definately help!!!

What did everybody discuss at their last meeting then ?? xoxox:rolleyes:

I dont think many of us go to meetings :(

we talk about thoughts and feelings but the most useful meeting was thinking back to sayings from childhood that make you react in a certain way. Mine was certainly "you must eat everything on your plate" and now I still find it hard to leave anything even if I am stuffed. I was listening to a mum in a cafe last Saturday and she was saying to her child to eat everything up and if he did he would get some sweets-so it hasn't changed. Is it because we always want our money's worth?

we talk about thoughts and feelings but the most useful meeting was thinking back to sayings from childhood that make you react in a certain way. Mine was certainly "you must eat everything on your plate" and now I still find it hard to leave anything even if I am stuffed. I was listening to a mum in a cafe last Saturday and she was saying to her child to eat everything up and if he did he would get some sweets-so it hasn't changed. Is it because we always want our money's worth?

My mother would praise us to no end when we cleaned our plate or went back for second helpings I can still hear her voice saying "good girl"!!! She hated to waste anything...and after she died this took on a whole new meaning in my life.:(

Love Mini xxx

I can't get to class at the moment as it clashes with picking my daughter up from nursery so i'd love to know what goes on each week; hopefully I'll find another time that is suitable...next week is half term so I'd better go again...just dreading having to pay £10 as I've not been for a few weeks!

Joe

I dont go to a class either, I would love to though! just to get my hands on the new WW books to get up to date. It was a long time ago when i went before so its all changed.

I am nearly at my target though and I am very conscious that if i walked in to join, I may get funny looks from people thinking "whats she joining for". I know I have done it myself in the past. :eek:

Would be nice to go to get the support etc, but as said I dont feel comfortable going. :cry:

SOme times you have to look everyone in the eye, straighten your back, grin like a chimpanzee and tell yourself :

"I don't give a damn. My journey is as important as theirs and so is my money."

I've done this in the past and it's helped me no end!

Well this week we talked about special occasions, how they always come along. Basically learned that we should PREPARE for everything that we may encounter! As its chinese new year this week, our leader showed us how to cook a low fat stir fry! She actually cooked in the class and share a spoonful out to everybody! It was delish!!:p

Back