Weekly weigh-in thread

Well done Laura,

Wrinkly, it's a loss, enjoy it and stick with it love.

You've been away though LM haven't you.

Wrinkly 12oz
Laura 2lb
Anna-Maria 2lb :)

well done both!

That's wonderful news Laura, well done!

You and I must be on opposite ends of a see-saw. I always preferred the slide...

Yes, Jim, it was being away what dun it but I have slogged it out on the cross trainer every night since (it's still stuck on the highest setting!) so was hoping to see a result from that. Oh well.

well done TT, you're doing so well. :)

been doing atkins since weds 3rd. starting weight 97kgs.today i'm 93kgs.which is a loss of about 8lbs (i think) which sounds great but (being a bloke) i didn't weigh myself when i started this diet and so my starting weight was from when i last weighed myself which was probably a month to six weeks ago.so therefore i don't know how much i've lost this week.i haven't got any ketostix to prove ketosis and haven't had any type of "atkins flu" so to be honest not sure if it's even working for me yet anyway.but at least now i have a definate starting point.

LMAO!

Nice one mate.

No weighing for me yet not ready guys sorry.
Bren
x

Congrats to everyone though!

I'm +1lb this week i'm afraid but expected it really as have had a bad week.. bottle of wine on friday, small slice choc cake weds... this n that, they all add up! Pleased i've hit the gym twice though and my fitness seems to be improving with it. Have got personal safety training sat n sun too so a few hrs of battering to come yet, will sweat loads off :)

So i'm down but not out the game yet :)

Aww thanks LM :) Yes, fingers crossed for us all next week is what i say...

I'm just heading out to the supermarket and need to get some food in for the weekends training.. haven't got a clue what to buy really as i think i'm going to need more carbs than 20g to get me through it all as it's quite tough training.. Don't know what to do for the best! Any ideas?

Hmm, that's a tough one Claire. I'm afraid I don't know much about sports nutrition.

How are your energy levels right now? Do you think you're "in the zone" with the fat burning yet, or do you think that the wine & cake might have set you back a bit? Perhaps you should have this weekend 'off' and make sure you have enough energy to do well in your training, then get back into the Atkins & ketosis next week?

Again, I'm really not an expert!

Oh i feel well 'in the zone', my training at the gym has been going well. I feel as though i have more energy, stronger and slowly getting fitter too. Just a bit anxious about flagging this weekend as it's going to be a tough few hrs and once i get my stubborn head on to suceed at something i have to do it if you get what i mean so feeling in any way weak is not an option for me! It's the first time i've done it too so i can't really say how much/little i need to be eating..

Off to the supermarket now, will let you know how i get on! I'm definately going to be steering clear of the bad things like cakes, crisps etc. That i do know for sure! :) Reckon i'll probably have my usual salad stuff and then take a couple slices of bread and butter to have alongside. I've got that Burgen soya and linseed stuff in the freezer, may use that as i get sore tummy from white bread.

Congratulations to all those losing weight :), Claire just so you know I was on Atkins before and struggled so much that I finally caved in and gave up, this time however I have found the method that works for me is not to think about all the things I cannot eat, but to think about all the things I can eat, I think of it in a similar way to someone who may suddenly get a peanut allergy that loves peanuts, as much as I might think I want to eat certain things, they are just not on the menu :D

Hellraiser I agree, I am a chocoholic but now I have gone two months without any. Even before starting Atkins I knew that for me it was all or nothing because one square was never enough. I keep nothing containing sugar or flour in the house. If I know I'm to have a visitor I buy something in then either send the remains home with them or feed it to the birds. If I don't know, then they either do without or I take them out for a meal. If a friend calls for coffee they know now that's all they will get, either black or with cream. Stingy, no - determined, yes.

I'm the same, very determined (stuck to cd for over 3 months!) and i don't keep things in the house that i can't have. It was just necessary to pre-plan this weekend as i've waited for it for so long that i do not intend on failing it. I feel i've made the right choice for this weekend and i'm determined to jump right back on the wagon from monday.

More or less STS this week, maybe a loss of half a pound LOL, first time in a while, feel great tho, means I didn't put any weight on :D. Good luck to everyone else weighing today.

Woooooo Hoooooo! Just had my first loss since starting the Atkins.

I was 10st 8lb last monday and am now 10st 4lb.

That is cutting out flavoured drinks and just having 3 litre of water a week oh and not having cheese.

Im soooo Happy!

4lb every week would get me to 9st in no time, fingers crossed for losses to come.

Woooooo Hoooooo! Just had my first loss since starting the Atkins.

I was 10st 8lb last monday and am now 10st 4lb.

That is cutting out flavoured drinks and just having 3 litre of water a week oh and not having cheese.

Im soooo Happy!

4lb every week would get me to 9st in no time, fingers crossed for losses to come.

I love cheese so I wonder if I should give it a miss, I'm losing very slowly for all I'm in Ketosis & had 100gms Cheese yesterday.

Woohoo to Boogaloo too !

I'm a poet and I didn't know it :)

4lbs is a fantastic loss, so happy for you.

Thanks Lady Marmalade, I think keeping positive is the key to success :)

Back