Weekly weigh-in thread

Congrats Boogaloo!

xx

Can't weigh in as WI is up the spout!!! Grrr, don't have any scales other than that!!! :-( Oh well, feel like an elephant anyway

Yeah it is great when you finally figure out what causes you to stall. I was getting to breaking point as I have been dieting for 7 weeks now, but only doing Atkins for the last 3 of those.

I lost 8lb the first week and nothing since. That was until this week! Yay!! I definately think increasing my water intake has helped.

Well, last week was a far more reasonable 3lbs for me.

I don't know what I am doing wrong! I have gained 1lb this morning!! I had 19.1 carbs yesterday & for the record, 1733 Kcals. I had no cheese but did have corned beef which I hadn't had in years. I am in Ketosis.

Wrinkly, have you been measuring yourself? Sometimes you can be losing size wise and it takes a little time for your body to catch up with the weight loss.. It can be disheartening i agree. I used to lose weight basically every other week whilst on cd, even when sticking to it completely. You'll hopefully get a bigger loss next week to compensate for this week.

Well my stall seems to be over :bliss:

I cut out the citric acid and the sugar free sweets and i am down 4lbs this week,am not sure if i totally believe the scales, but i hopped on several times and it said the same thing, so i will go with that!

Well done to the other losers. And to the ones that have either sts or added a little more, stick at it. I was so miserable last week but have hung on in there and it has paid off :)

Hi Claire, I gained that 1lb overnight! So can only think it's something I did yesterday. I have had nothing but coffee with cream so far today & will try to cut my Kcals. I know I shouldn't but I get little or no exercise. I did a little gardening at the weekend moving a small shrub etc & because my right leg is my spade leg I am back on strong pain killers for my arthritis. The main reason I want to lose weight is to lighten the load on my hip joints. Sorry to whinge.

Louisa, well done hun! That's fantastic news! :0clapper: At least you now know what was stalling you! Must be a relief. I'm completely cutting citric acid this week too, not even having the pots of sugar free jelly. Fingers crossed it has an effect as don't want to gain again!

Wrinkly, you're not whinging at all love. I totally understand your frustration, especially when you have a huge personal reason to do it too! Could it be something logical like toilet issues? Or maybe you're retaining water or something? :hmm:

Make sure you keep drinking the water to flush out all the toxins and it may help. I'm really no expert myself, have only done atkins for about 3-4weeks now but i do understand a little of how you may be feeling.. Big hugs love, stay strong and stick to it and the losses have to follow! :grouphugg:

Good news, Louisa!

Wrinkly, don't worry about whinging, everyone deserves one now and then! I wonder if your pain meds might be having an impact either on metabolism or on water retention? Either way, if you continue to stick with the diet you will still be burning fat (if you're in ketosis) and the protein will be helping you to develop muscle, so you are still on your way to your goal of being leaner and fitter, no matter what the scales say.

I weigh myself first thing in the morning but my weight can vary by as much as +3lbs at other times of the day. Your body does go through natural fluctuations, if you're sticking to the diet then I very much doubt your 1lb is going to be new fat deposits.

I know it's still disheartening though. Chin up, hun.
x

I have gained a pound in weight in a day many times and then found I had lost 2 pounds the following day, don't be so hard on yourself, sticking to this diet WILL work for you, I also weigh myself daily so to tell you not to do it would be hypocritical, but you have to make sure you don't read too much into it if you do. I use it simply as a method to work out what I can and cannot eat and even that system is not without it's flaws, sometimes it can be something you ate 2 or 3 days ago that can cause weight gain later on. Sometimes it takes the body a while to adjust to the new food you are eating and this can make it seem as if you are not getting anywhere. Just keep positive, I'm as bad as anyone else for losing patience with things, but dieting seems to be one place that you really need to keep them :)

I have totally given up weighing myself daily Wrinkly, it can vary so much on a daily basis, you really are better off just doing it once a week, that pound can come from anywhere, it is not just going to be fat.

Chin up hun ((hugs))

I have given up with weighing myself, might do it once a month. I go with how my clothes are fitting. Ever felt SLIM and SEXY only to pop on the scales to be told you have put on a pound? Then if like magic that slim, sexy feeling evaporates into thin air.... Well, I would rather have this feeling. It works for me.
Any1 else that does this?

Woofy X

My understanding friends, thank you all so much! I felt so yuck this morning but your kind words and encouragement has really bolstered me up. In my heart I know this is the right way to go after reading so many books on the subject, I can't blame the diet. I blamed me! Getting out of bed & weighing myself knocked me for six. What a blooming marvelous bunch you are!!!

Aww bless ya Wrinkly.. you'll get there you'll see! It's impossible to not to if you stick to it. You're quite welcome, it's what we're here for, to help each other through the good and bad times! Hope you're feeling a little better now huni, big hug x

Hi all,
Im very early this morning as i am moving house on Saturday and really really need to get packed up (my house looks like a jumble sale). My aim was 4lb to hit my mini goal. I lost 3lb. I am still very pleased :D:D:D. I am just a little worried though as this is what i call my plato weight :confused:. In about ten years i have not been even a pound lower than the weight i am at now, after all the different diets i have done!!!! :sigh:. I was really hoping for 4lb so it would break it.
BUT, this week i am moving and we are moving ourselfs not a removal man in sight so i will be lifting carrying etc. It is also the race for life on sunday AND my new place is a 30min walk from work so i will be walking to and from (i usually get the bus) so fingers crossed i wont stall !!

Hey missnelly that's a fantastic loss, well done, love. And you still have your personal milestone to look forward to! I'm sure shifting all those boxes and furniture will help you get there.

Onwards and downwards Miss Nelly! That's a fantastic loss again, i hope you're really proud of yourself cos you deserve to be. And like the others have said, that lb WILL go! Keep your wonderful determined attitude and it has no choice! Well done and good luck for the move.

Back