Weetabix Muffins 2015

lt52

Silver Member
Hey guys,

In the interest of using the forum more and trying to sort and try new things - i made some Weetabix muffins.

I've tried them before and i think they are a great way to use a HEB, i do get bored of just cereal and try to avoid bread at all costs...

Hopefully the picture shows below, mine seem a bit wet in the middle. I'm wondering if they should be, the first batch were less but the second batch weren't.
I've tried 1 egg, then 2, 1/2 muller then 1/4 of one, cooking for 20 minutes, 30 minutes, making and splitting it over 6/7/8 muffin cases.... blimey!

Any one got any tips as it seems no matter how long i cook or what ingredients i use or quantity of them as i seem totally disappointed vy them... maybe its just my baking skills!

Lee

DSC_0129.JPG

I do find them a little wetter in the middle but not too bad.
i only make 4 from my mixture but use 2 eggs,2 weetabix,1/4 Yog,sweetener and flavouring(usually almond flavour and cherry muller as it tastes like a cherry Bakewell). I do cook for at least 30 mins and then check in them as mine always need longer.....probably at least another 10-15 mins but not sure if that's just my oven!
i wouldn't say anything was wrong with your baking skills.........they are just an acquired taste x

I do find them a little wetter in the middle but not too bad.
i only make 4 from my mixture but use 2 eggs,2 weetabix,1/4 Yog,sweetener and flavouring(usually almond flavour and cherry muller as it tastes like a cherry Bakewell). I do cook for at least 30 mins and then check in them as mine always need longer.....probably at least another 10-15 mins but not sure if that's just my oven!
i wouldn't say anything was wrong with your baking skills.........they are just an acquired taste x

You have just become my favourite member by saying i have good baking skills! Especially as i don't - they are pretty horrific!
Well i did 6 so slightly smaller for 30 minutes and i think thats the best i've come up with.

Thanks for the advice and kind words!!!

Wow! Those look delicious- can you send me one through the post! I will definitely be trying these. I think they well do well in satiating my sweet tooth. I'm off to google the recipe!

Wow! Those look delicious- can you send me one through the post! I will definitely be trying these. I think they well do well in satiating my sweet tooth. I'm off to google the recipe!

Haha - my sister ate them all unfortunately!

The recipe that i use is:

2 Eggs/2 Weetabix/Sweetner/1/2 a syn free yoghurt

Break up the weetabix, mix in 2 beaten eggs, half a pot of syn free yoghurt and sweetner (to taste - i don't put much in).
I put mine in silicone muffin cases and divide it between 6 of them. Cook them at 180 for 25-30 minutes.

They work out in total as 1 HEB or 1 syn each if you make 6. You can also be creative, you could add a hot chocolate mix for a further two syns, try different yoghurt flavours (although i can't taste the difference or yoghurt really).

Enjoy

How about sticking them in the microwave to 'dry' them out a bit!

Not sure you'll have to try it - i've just done Scan Bran Muffins, which i'll start in a new post

Pete’s Weetabix Muffins-2 (2014)

(Based on a recipe by Sharon Pitcher/ SW low syn meal ideas)

Makes 4 Muffins

Ingredients

¼ Tsp Cinnamon
1 Egg (Ee)
2 Weetabix (1 Heb)
4 Tbsp. sweetener (Aldi “pastry” sweetener)
25g Sultanas (3.5 syns/4 =0.875 syns each muffin)
150g Tub Mullerlight, any flavour of choice (ff)

Method

Crush the Weetabix, separate the egg carefully, saving the white of the egg, add the other ingredients, mix well.
Whip the egg white until it forms peaks then carefully fold in to the other ingredients, using a metal spoon, share between the muffin moulds.
Cook in a pre-heated oven at 170C for 25 mins.
Muffin cakes-3.jpg

Pete’s Weetabix Muffins-2 (2014)

(Based on a recipe by Sharon Pitcher/ SW low syn meal ideas)

Makes 4 Muffins

Ingredients

¼ Tsp Cinnamon
1 Egg (Ee)
2 Weetabix (1 Heb)
4 Tbsp. sweetener (Aldi “pastry” sweetener)
25g Sultanas (3.5 syns/4 =0.875 syns each muffin)
150g Tub Mullerlight, any flavour of choice (ff)

Method

Crush the Weetabix, separate the egg carefully, saving the white of the egg, add the other ingredients, mix well.
Whip the egg white until it forms peaks then carefully fold in to the other ingredients, using a metal spoon, share between the muffin moulds.
Cook in a pre-heated oven at 170C for 25 mins.

Nice recipe - very similar to the others out there. Adding sultanas is quite a nice touch and this would make them at 2.5 syns each, or HEB plus 4 so not bad

All looks tasty,cant wait to make them

Yeah go for it - upload your creations. I've started other threads with smartie muffins, rolo muffins, chocolate orange muffins - go crazy lol

You have done very well,i am good at maintaining, but not losing

Cool, thanks :)
Check out my other posts if you need some help

I will do,what do i do go on to your profile pic

Erm, no idea - that or my name then you can find posts from there i reckon - good luck, i'm not too sure lol

Anyone else tried out making their own variation of a Weetabix muffin?

Back