Weigh In Stress :/ and expectations :(

FIRST OF ALL .... HEYYYYY! :D Im Mandi im new to the site this is my first ever post woooohoooo so excited to join this fab site i was so happy to find it :D
i always read posts from it but never joined.... why MANDI why!!!! haha

and pretty much my title says it all!
STRESS!
im not feeling positive at all this week :/ but i never really do to be honest.
iv lost 1 stone 10 in 6 weeks with slimming world which i am so so so so happy with and have had slimmer of the week ever since i joined basically and wow i am so over the moon with that! but i sometimes feel awkward when i get that awkward now because people are doing so well there too and they they feel they have done well and i get the award i feel terrible sometimes i almost feel mean. but the weight is just dropping off me i always always stick to the plan except i have somes synns here and there. altogether in 7 weeks iv lost 2 stone! because i lost 4 on my own the week before i joined.
but this week iv started eating things that i cut out like bread i only ate that now and then and iv had it more this week iv been so much more peckish this week its strange my cravings are crazy this week :( im stressed im starting to stress til then next weigh in and when iv been i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. we probably all feel the same right? but mehhhh this week i feel quite depressed im starting to worry about fat in foods too much now :( getting me down anyone else ever feel this? i also think because every week i walk in now people say heres super woman mandi and i know they arent being negative towards me or anything its just they all go how much you lost this week mandi bet its alot and i kinda feel like each week i have to go there now and get an impressive loss on the scales because people are kinda expecting it now. im probably thinking too much into it but im starting to feel quite stressed i dread when i get hungry now because i regret eating whatever iv eaten after it :( i lost 5 pounds christmas week and wow i didnt expect it i did try hard and made syn free buffet food and low fat buffet food but ever since then people have been like superwoman mandi and stuff and they always expect magical loss on me because of my other weeks losses and i stress that it wont be the same the next week because i know people r kinda expecting it i dont half think into things me but everyones so lovely and they are happy for me as i am happy for them too but i feel stressedddddd :( anyone else? xx

as soon as i had my weigh in last week and they told me i lost 5 i was so so happy that this week iv thought wow i worried so so much last week and i lost 5 pounds im not gonna worry as much this week and eat more because iv been so hard on my self worrying and everythun but now i feel like because iv eaten an extra few bits that iv let myself down terribly its getting me down :( xx

Last edited:
Hi Mandi,
I'm new to the site too.
Well done on you're weight loss, I've lost 1st 8lb in 7 months, it doesn't come off me quickly and also i keep having weeks where i'm not motivated enough.
I know what you mean about stressing for weigh-in though. I have my weigh-in on Tuesday evening and i done quite bad at the beginning of the week so the past few days i've barely eaten as i'm scared the scales will show a gain :(

FIRST OF ALL .... HEYYYYY! :D Im Mandi im new to the site this is my first ever post woooohoooo so excited to join this fab site i was so happy to find it :D
i always read posts from it but never joined.... why MANDI why!!!! haha

and pretty much my title says it all!
STRESS!
im not feeling positive at all this week :/ but i never really do to be honest.
iv lost 1 stone 10 in 6 weeks with slimming world which i am so so so so happy with and have had slimmer of the week ever since i joined basically and wow i am so over the moon with that! but i sometimes feel awkward when i get that awkward now because people are doing so well there too and they they feel they have done well and i get the award i feel terrible sometimes i almost feel mean. but the weight is just dropping off me i always always stick to the plan except i have somes synns here and there. altogether in 7 weeks iv lost 2 stone! because i lost 4 on my own the week before i joined.
but this week iv started eating things that i cut out like bread i only ate that now and then and iv had it more this week iv been so much more peckish this week its strange my cravings are crazy this week :( im stressed im starting to stress til then next weigh in and when iv been i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. we probably all feel the same right? but mehhhh this week i feel quite depressed im starting to worry about fat in foods too much now :( getting me down anyone else ever feel this? i also think because every week i walk in now people say heres super woman mandi and i know they arent being negative towards me or anything its just they all go how much you lost this week mandi bet its alot and i kinda feel like each week i have to go there now and get an impressive loss on the scales because people are kinda expecting it now. im probably thinking too much into it but im starting to feel quite stressed i dread when i get hungry now because i regret eating whatever iv eaten after it :( i lost 5 pounds christmas week and wow i didnt expect it i did try hard and made syn free buffet food and low fat buffet food but ever since then people have been like superwoman mandi and stuff and they always expect magical loss on me because of my other weeks losses and i stress that it wont be the same the next week because i know people r kinda expecting it i dont half think into things me but everyones so lovely and they are happy for me as i am happy for them too but i feel stressedddddd :( anyone else? xx

as soon as i had my weigh in last week and they told me i lost 5 i was so so happy that this week iv thought wow i worried so so much last week and i lost 5 pounds im not gonna worry as much this week and eat more because iv been so hard on my self worrying and everythun but now i feel like because iv eaten an extra few bits that iv let myself down terribly its getting me down :( xx
hEY MANDi,
Iam very similar to yourself, i joined on 22/11/12 and have lost 1 and half stone, last week i realised that iam building up a bit of a track record for winning awards, i think every week ive won one or another. i love it as iam am a perfectionist , however it does become more and more challenging. people in group expect you to win everyweek. however the fact of the matter is as new members join, they too will have big losses as new members and then the lime ligh will be off us.

dont let anyone dampen your celebratins hun, its an achievment we should be proud of, but also dont put too much pressure on your self to beat the week before. i got into a bit of a challenge with myself and always want a good loss but fact is i know those good losses will fade and its about expecting them to plato and being ready to just go steady! does that make sense?

Back