Weigh in today...

Catt

Silver Member
I will go in about 2 hours but why do I feel so nervous. :eek: I'm not sure why but I feel so nervous today. I had a dream that the chemist wouldn't let me have any more because it wasn't working well enough :cry:

Maybe I need psycho-analysing lol maybe there is some sort of fear of success going on :8855: :8855: :8855:

For the first time in a very long time I can actually see me succeeding and it feels awesome except...

Moi! Scared of being slim? Do you know I think I am actually terrified of being slim. It is so long since I was I am not sure how it will feel any more.

Will I get more attention? Will I feel angry if I do? Will my personality change? Who am I fat? Who will I be slim?

I actually feel now that my attitude to food will change because I have realised I can control my emotions without food. What a revelation! I feel like I will become more confident which is a good thing. I will be healthier which is brilliant.

On reflection I am becoming less scared because I think any changes will be for the better. I was scared about not being able to 'hide' in the background like I do now but maybe just maybe I will no longer want to :D

This journey is turning out to be more than just weight loss for me.

Hope your journeys are enlightening for you too

Colleen x

Dear Catt,

Good luck at your weight in, I think that part of the LT diet is that it helps us clear our heads to really think about our habits and our feelings towards ourselves and the way we see food. It's a little different for everyone, if you trust your pharmist you could alwaus talk to them about your feelins and that you think they might stop you. Perhaps that might provide some reassurance?

Regardless, good luck today again!
Newb

good luck
:)

Massive hugs and good luck for your weigh in. Don't let your head take over! x

I know exactly how you are feeling Colleen. Last week I had an incident at work. Where some fella came in and ordered food, but he was talking to my CHEST! 9 weeks ago my belly was the 1st thing you met lol I said to my husband I dont want that kind of attention, and he said take it as a compliment, and in time you will think of something witty to hit back with!! So I armed this time, just laying in wait for my victim!!! My kids have never seen me skinny either. So I seem to be getting "Mom your look so pretty" alot lately. Either way I am doing it for ME, no one else Just ME. Good luck with your weigh in :) XX

Thanks guys :grouphugg: plus Helen that made me laugh my head off :8855:

Right I'm off now see you later xx

Oh God, I am so excited to see what your result is!! the best of luck - have my fingers crossed for a good one.

Regarding being treated differently, as Helen has pointed out (lol!) unfortunately you will be - I am almost 100% about that.

I lost 7 stone a couple of years ago (have put back on weight with pregnancy) and the DIFFERENCE in the way I was treated was absolutely unbelievable!!! I remember speaking to my DH about it at the time as it made me feel quite sad. I was exactly the same person but people were so much nicer to me, not just strangers - people who knew me, my personality both big and small (work etc..).

I had doors in shops held open for me, men would stop to help with my shopping, if I was putting air in tyres of my car etc... to do it for me, treatment by my (male) bosses was completely different - much more friendly and personal (albeit a bit flirty), I could give you a million examples. Women were *****ier to me, not very nice.

I found it hard to understand and accept why I didnt deserve the same treatment/ respect when I was big (invisable!!)

It really is disgusting but I suppose its just the world is....

The very best of luck again, Im really looking forward to seeing you post later....

Oh God, I am so excited to see what your result is!! the best of luck - have my fingers crossed for a good one.

Regarding being treated differently, as Helen has pointed out (lol!) unfortunately you will be - I am almost 100% about that.

I lost 7 stone a couple of years ago (have put back on weight with pregnancy) and the DIFFERENCE in the way I was treated was absolutely unbelievable!!! I remember speaking to my DH about it at the time as it made me feel quite sad. I was exactly the same person but people were so much nicer to me, not just strangers - people who knew me, my personality both big and small (work etc..).

I had doors in shops held open for me, men would stop to help with my shopping, if I was putting air in tyres of my car etc... to do it for me, treatment by my (male) bosses was completely different - much more friendly and personal (albeit a bit flirty), I could give you a million examples. Women were *****ier to me, not very nice.

I found it hard to understand and accept why I didnt deserve the same treatment/ respect when I was big (invisable!!)

It really is disgusting but I suppose its just the world is....

The very best of luck again, Im really looking forward to seeing you post later....

Aww Nikki

You absolutely deserved the attention you got hunny but that doesn't mean to say you didn't deserve attention before... it's a funny old world :rolleyes: People are too fickle :mad:

I think I might bop the first person who opens a door for me to get him back for all the times he didn't :8855:

and... I lost 5lbs this week and I'm over the moon :D Simply can't wait for next week now xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back