Weigh ins

*lesley*

Silver Member
Just wondering, when we weighed in yesterday, i stayed the same and the consultant didn't even say anything. I mean literally, she wrote it in my book and gave me it back and off i went! My friend put on a pound and she got the same response.
Is this usual? We don't stay for the meeting as the first one was horrendously long while she went through every persons loss/gain etc with them and we were bored stiff and i was wondering if she was just waiting for to have a word during the meeting, what do you think?
Either way i am a little annoyed as she didn't know if we were staying or not and i feel that she should at least have asked if it was going okay seeing it was only our 2 weight in after the start week and she wasn't there last week to see if we stopped or not! :mad:
Are everyone elses meetings really boring or just here?!

I Had that problem when I joined last year. Consultant seemed disinterested and wasn't even there at weigh in, it was helpers who acted as if they were at a check out. No response at all. It's one reasons I gave up class, seemed like waste money as I could get same result weighing at home. Staying to group was just like you said too x

Thanks Deb, glad to know it's not just me that feels like that! I'll give it one more weigh in before i consider changing to another diet x

*lesley* said:
Thanks Deb, glad to know it's not just me that feels like that! I'll give it one more weigh in before i consider changing to another diet x

Are there any other classes with a different consultant?
I went to one class and didn't like the c's attitude so never went back, a year later I'm a stone and half heavier and have recently found a great class with a brilliant c I wish I'd looked nearer the time I could of been at target by now... Keep at it

I agree with Becci,
A few years ago I went to a group that sounds like yours. I wasn't impressed. I didn't like paying to be humiliated which is what it felt like!
I now go to a new group which is brilliant. She gives out certificates and says the total loss and gain of the group. Then she talks on a different topic each week giving lots advice and tips. Its great.
Definitely worth looking for a different group.
Good luck with your journey,

catkin69 said:
I agree with Becci,
A few years ago I went to a group that sounds like yours. I wasn't impressed. I didn't like paying to be humiliated which is what it felt like!
I now go to a new group which is brilliant. She gives out certificates and says the total loss and gain of the group. Then she talks on a different topic each week giving lots advice and tips. Its great.
Definitely worth looking for a different group.
Good luck with your journey,

Ive just swapped groups as i was not happy with my consultant my new one Is fab i was there nearly 2 hrs on thurs we had a right laugh i was shocked what time it had got to :)

Thanks ladies. There is another class near me so may swap over to that one x

Slimming world consultants in an ideal world should be meeting new members & doing new member talk during weigh in time. Their team will do weigh in & shouldn't do image therapy at scales. The place to discuss your weight loss is during image therapy - this session is for support & inspiration & motivation. You should always be encouraged to stay for this - this is what you pay for!

Back