Weighing in between weigh ins

Sarah1989

Does anybody do this?

I always want to but manage to stop myself.

Is this a good/bad thing to do?

Is it accurate? (I weigh myself Thursday mornings, if I went home and weighed myself tonight would it be a true reflection of my weights?)

Any thoughts on this?

Weighing yourself once a week is sufficient!!!! Your weight fluctuates throughout the day so once a week at the same time will be an accurate reflection of your weight!!!

Torturing yourself by weighing repeatedly is strangely addictive but if you can kick the habit do it and weigh once a week, also taking measurements will show you how well your doing...... Not constantly though!!!

:) Xxx

You see I know that, and I understand that, but I still want to weigh myself all the time!

I'm not going to and I hope that eventually the want will go away.

I just wondered if it was just me with this crazy underlying feeling!

Thank You :)

No I'm totally the same! I have to fight with myself not to weigh myself every time I walk by the scales lol!

Oh great, at least I know i'm not the only one! Will try very hard not to give in to temptation!

I usually weigh few times throughout the day. It's my aim this week NOT to weigh until weigh in !!

I check every morning.
It's such a strange compulsion, but I'm sure it's more the novelty of losing and it will eventually stop being interesting. I'm making a list of weekly challenges for myself, so I'll add this on to it!:)

I find it really hard to walk past the scales and not weigh, but I've managed only to weigh once a week so far. That was until yesterday! I was really worried about this mornings weigh in so I weighed myself last night just so I didn't have false hope.
I weigh much less in the morning than at night so it wasn't a real indication of any weight loss anyway!

I used to weigh a few times a day, it got to be a bit of an obsession! At the moment I'm away from home a few days every week and don't have scales which helps, and I'm trying to stick just to wi day. It's hard though, especially when you feel like you've been really good. But I actually completely forgot to weigh on Sunday which was weird!

Home scales are notoriously unreliable - try to stick to the scales are your WW meeting, gyms and doctors offices!
And keep in mind weight fluctuations throughout the day, and even throughout out the week e.g. if you usually have a big night out on friday, of course you'll be heavier for the next day or so!
Try to stick to weighing in just once a week. I can empathise with the temptation to constantly weigh in, but it's not a great thing to do - I got to the point where I was weighing myself every couple of days at home, and so actually threw my home scales out!

i always weigh myself in the morning of weigh in day and in the evening before i go to weigh in, i dont know if this is a good thing or not.

I can't help but jump on the scales each day. I use the excuse that I wont be shocked at the meeting if I have put on, but I always weight 3lbs heavier on the home scales anyway so there really is no point!
It got to the point where my mam was hiding the scales from us all. It's awful not having them there and not being able to jump on them! :8855:

I am so obsessed with weighing myself, it is so difficult to stop when you do it every time you go in the bathroom:cry:

im always on and off my scales,and some weeks if i see a gain when i know ive been good it spoils the rest of my week,so when i joined ww thursday i told hubby to hide the scales...hes put them in the shed and theres no way will i go in there the spiders are HUGE! lol :8855:

I try not to weigh myself everyday but last week I couldn't help it as I wanted to see of the plan was working. It is my challenge this week not to weigh myself until I go back to my weigh in next Monday.

Back