Weighing yourself at home...

BrittW

Timelord
In between WI's and such,
Now i know we all know it's bad...
But i was wondering, why do we do it? What's the mentality of checking so regularly and are all scales different? So one set could say you've lost but the SW could say you've gained, how come?
Surely they should all be the same if that is what we weigh...

We should have a scales amnesty...
God knows i'm on them too bloody much as it is, they are kept under my bed and i usually do it every morning...
Even my boyfriend has noticed and told me to stop it but it's like an addiction lol...

Your thoughts please. xxxx

I weigh at home anyway so cant compare to a class so generally my scales at home are right :/

I think we do it as we then judge what kinda day we gna have - if the scales look good you are a bit less strict imo yet if they aint so good you are regimented lol....

Funny how we are and I do every morning - have no idea why as when I started I didnt :( Now its awful - BUT I will never weigh myself with clothes on - maybe I should get dressed when I get up and strip when in bed so I wont get bk up lol

Hmmm funny things we do eh... All in the name of dieting!
x

It's crazy.

Apparently women shouldn't even weigh themselves once a week, it should be once a month, but like any of us are that bloody patient! haha xx

Scales truly are the work of Satan! I weighed myself this morning and at first my scales told me I'd put on 7lbs!!! :eek:

Luckily I knew that was utter nonsense, so did it again and then they said I'd lost 3.5 lbs. Anyway, WI tonight will be what I stick with, as I'm very dubious of scales at home - they tend to be unreliable unless you get some super-duper ones.

I think mine are broken, they give different results when you are in different rooms... lol. xx

I have huge reactions to the scales too- if I've put on I give up. If I've lost I keep going. I'm a disaster!

I really wish I could leave it a couple of weeks between weigh ins, as I think I'd actually do better...

Why the hell should you weigh once a mth - feck that!

OMG I would go mad!

I weigh at least every Wed morning on my home scales and go to SW on Wed night. It gives me an idea then of how I've done so I'm not 'surprised' when I get weighed. However, it's backfired on more than one occasion where my scales have said I've lost 2 and SW scales only say I've lost half a pound! Then I'm usually really pissed off the rest of the night!

Moral of the story - weigh at class only. That's it! (I've yet to do this though!)

I do SW online so I have to use my scales. I bought quite an expensive digital set that shows fat, water and muscle mass. Its quite good to see my percentage of fat going down as well as the weight. I leave them in the same place all the time so theres no danger of the weight changing coz they're somewhere different.

Ahhh us obsessive lot :giggle: what are we all like.....

Yes it is true.. before this new eating regime would we ever weigh ourself? Of course not... now we are like crazed maniacs dragging them out or stripping off at any occasion we can.... how funny that sounds hahahaha!!

I keep my new digi scales (I purchased a new set from the uk.. got back and they didn't work... grrr but a friend of mine who has a house here and in the uk took them back and changed them for me yay!) in the same spot... I weigh like others with nothing on in the dark hahaha no only joking about the dark... (but I shouldn't as I do look scary!) and after I have been to the ladies.

The thing is .. if you weigh at home.. to be consistant you need to keep them in the same place... and weigh in the same outfit. I know someone who always wore the same thing on a wi the lightest thing she could find in her wardrobe haha!

But we all fret so much... and we have to take into our fluid intake and outakes and other outakes eww... what we consume and calories etc... so of course unless you eat the same thing everyday etc.. it is going to be different.

I weigh in ... at home offically on a monday morning or when I arise... and that is then it for the week... yeah course I get on every morning but I don't take anything gospel unless it is a monday morning read!

Signing off the oddball haha.

Home scales usually say different results depending what surface you put them on. And then they're often calibrated differently. And if you use battery ones they are less accurate the lower the battery power...

I used to be a BAD bad weigher...I'm talking 3 times a day, making a chart so I could compare my weight day to day and could see patterns in my weight change... It was not healthy!

Now I do a sneaky midweek weigh usually, and then my Saturday morning proper WI (I weight myself at home).

Because i go to my WI after work on a Wednesday, i can wear the same trousers and similar tops.

I don't take my scales as gospel at all... but it's horribly misleading when you've lost on yours but not on SW... xxx

I weigh at least every Wed morning on my home scales and go to SW on Wed night. It gives me an idea then of how I've done so I'm not 'surprised' when I get weighed. However, it's backfired on more than one occasion where my scales have said I've lost 2 and SW scales only say I've lost half a pound! Then I'm usually really pissed off the rest of the night!

Moral of the story - weigh at class only. That's it! (I've yet to do this though!)

Yep! That's exactly what I do and I also get really pissed off, when SW scales say I've lost less than home scales.

I never even had scales in the house until I moved in with my fella. He weight trains a alot so likes to have them.. Grrr!! :mad:

I threw mine out in January cos I was weighing myself everyday. Now I just weigh in at class every Monday night. Although I don't each much during the day and I always wear the same clothes so I get an accurate result. I also try to look at my weightloss over a 4 week period because I know our bodies can retain water at certain times etc. So far I have lost 5lbs in 3 weeks, so it makes my 1lb gain this week look good :rolleyes:

It's crazy.

Apparently women shouldn't even weigh themselves once a week, it should be once a month

That's really interesting actually, I've been debating with myself the last couple of days whether I should just weigh once a month because I've got such a huge amount to lose ... I've done really well in my first two weeks (8lbs first week, 3.5lbs second week), but it's still a bit depressing when I think how much I have to go. Whereas if I was only getting on once a month, imagine how thrilling it would be to see half a stone or so coming off at a time!

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try it. :)

I don't have any scales (which may be one of the reasons I weigh as much as I do now...!) and just WI at SW each week. The once a month theory is quite good, and it would be nice to see a big loss each WI rather than a pound or 2 here and there, but I don't think I could wait that long!

Back