WEIGHING YOURSELF BEFORE WI!?

stormy84

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what peoples takes are on stepping on your own scales between weigh in's!
I had my first WI yesterday and come off buzzing from the weight loss, between yesterday morning and today I have already weighed myself twice! Lol!
When the lb's are going down I am over the moon, but I just stopped to think about what would happen when I step on them and it is the same as the day before, will I feel gutted and will it actually be detremental to this diet!? Obviously as I am only on day 8, the weight loss is going to be at it's peak, yet very soon to slow down to a couple of lb's a week... I can see this jumping on the scales becoming a bit of an obsession!
So I'm really just wondering what are other peoples thoughts on this, do you weigh in between? If you do and you haven't lost much, if anything after a few days, does it make you feel a bit gutted?
Thanks guys! :) Xx

I do not weigh myself at home, I did purchase new scales but....when I step on them they are different from my CDC. So I just always stick to what my CDC say because it was her scales that I first weighed myself on.

I know for a fact that if I did start weighing myself all the time I would be disheartened, so I just like to leave it so it's a nicer surprise for me and more exciting especially when it's a good number! :D

Hi Rach,

Thanks for your reply!

You're probably right there, I never thought of them being different! I only started weighing myself yesterday, so not too sure.... Mine says I have lost 2lb since my WI yesterday, so maybe I haven't! Lol!
Probably best to stay away from them.... Can see them becoming the Devil as the weeks go on!
Well done on your first stone :) Xx

You could well have hun, my scales say I have lost less than what my CDC so you might get a nice surprise at your weigh in :D xx

im very guilty i weigh my self every day, but my cdc lives quite a bit away and i only get to see her every 10 days or so, but i find it motivating weighing myself, i always jump on first thing in the morning after a wee lol and before ive had any water to drink and when i feel most hungriest and 'light' - sounds mad i know. yes i do know my weight fluctuates during the day so i dont do it any other time during the day/ there have a been a few days where ive lost a lb each day and then some days i stay the same but i dont get myself down as this diet HAS to work so i know the weight will come off eventually and much faster than any diet. i suppose its down to individual preference x plus my scales are very similar calibration to my cdcs i think hers weigh me a pound lighter x

Back