Weight and Clothes Sizes

Andrea5867

Three years ago I did Cambridge and dropped to my lowest weight in 15 years - 11 stone 11 lbs
I'm back on Cambridge after regaining the weight (for all sorts of reasons) and I'm now 13 stone 2.5lbs.
I stated out at a size 20 / 22 and was hoping to hit size 16 by the end of August and my measurements in Next say I'm inbetween 16 and 18 at the moment
Yesterday, out of curiosity, I got out an old Next suit ( Size 16) that fitted perfectly last time I lost the weight - and it fits !!!!! Ever so slightly tight on the hips but that may be down to the fact that my old clothes have been hanging off me for weeks
How can it be that a suit that didn't fit at 13 stone last time fits perfectly now ???
Is it possible to weight more yet have the same shape - I'm 5 ft 4" by the way
Thanks
Andrea

Hope thisisn't too personal but have you been pregnant inbetween? I'm a different shape now than I was before and perhaps fat stores shift position?

its weird isnt it, everytime i have lost weight and put it back on it settles to different places x

yip, completely agree at how bizarre this is. I am completely head wrecked with my weight and clothes sizes! but hey ho.... will get there eventually.

Yep I'm same, I last weighed what I do now 7 years ago when I got married, I was a size 12-14 bottom and couldn't fit any 10s, I've since had 2 more kids and I'm now in some size 10 bottoms and a completely different shape to what I was then! I actually think I'm fitter now which definitely helps :)
x

You know I have been thinking a lot about this, some people on this forum are my height and weight and wear a size 12 !!!

Last week I bought 2 x trousers in a 14 and was so chuffed - today a pair of Asda Jeans in a 14 !!!!!!!!!!!! Go Me !! I know that probably Asda have bigger sixes but chuffed isn't the word !

I am not sure how slim I would have to be to be a 10 or 12, I just hope I can get there (hence the Asda jeans as I can't really afford to pay £30/£40 for a pair at the moment).

When I sell my 75 items of size 16's tho which I am going to ebay over the coming weeks I am hoping to be able to get some new clothes ! My wardrobe is so bare !

You know I have been thinking a lot about this, some people on this forum are my height and weight and wear a size 12 !!!
QUOTE]

That would be me then hun! :D

I'm in a size 10/12 weighing 12 stone 3, yet my mate at work is a size 12-14 and she is 10 stone 7...2lbs heavier than my goal weight!
I have no explination for the difference....but its bloody odd!
Just bought a Karen Millen dress in a 12 but had to try on the 10....which for Karen Millen is a miracle!
Its VVVVV odd!
my weight has come off different places to before (not doing CD).....dont mind though....just looking forward to seeing where this journey takes me!

xx

Yes Liz it was you ! I am just jealous I truly admit it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had 2 children, 1 by emerg c-sect, but I don't think that's it, I think it's because I am broad, I have never been a small petite person even when younger !

I think I will need to be about 9 stone to be a 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I admit it I am jealous too....I am barely in a size 16 at the top end of 12 stone. I am never going to drop to a 10/12 by the time I get to the other end of 12 stone! Even at 11.5 I was a 12/14. Am in new look Hula size 16s (known for being the most forgiving jeans on the high street) and have no hope of the 14.

v. disheartening actually

I admit it I am jealous too....I am barely in a size 16 at the top end of 12 stone. I am never going to drop to a 10/12 by the time I get to the other end of 12 stone! Even at 11.5 I was a 12/14. Am in new look Hula size 16s (known for being the most forgiving jeans on the high street) and have no hope of the 14.

v. disheartening actually

My mate is 10 stone 11, and bigger than me....its just different strokes for different folks hun!

Dont be jealous/disheartened.....just stick with the diet and it will come off! :D
xxx

I'm 11 stone 8 and in a 10/12, 5' 6" same height as Lizzmb, lower weight but same size! I have had 3 kids & 3 caesareans and my shape is defo different to pre-kids... However, I was 11 stone 4lbs when I got married and I managed to get back into my dress at 12 stone 1lb, but at 11 stone 4, seven years ago, I'd only had one child and was a size 12-14 bottom, so I'm totally different now! Strange!

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies - its nice to see I'm not alone in this - I shouldn't really be complaining but it does seem strange to be a stone heavier wearing the same clothes
I was hoping not to have to buy anything for Spain but if I lose another stone, who knows !!!!
Boardwitless - I had an ectopic pregnancy that wasn't discovered till 11 weeks which caused me to have to end Cambridge last time, so maybe this accounts for some of the change in weight
Just off to work now in my size 16s - Hope someone notices !!!!
Next challenge to get my BMI under 30 - Never thought I'ds be so focused on being "Overweight" !!!!
Thanks again
Andrea

I'm 13 stone and a 12 top and 14 bottom. I honestly think I will never get any less than that, but I don't mind, it's much better than a 20/22!

Back