Weight gain once at target

shazzy1970

Reading some of the messages i'm a bit concerned that even just a small "cheat" can result in pounds being gained. So what happens when you get to your goal and come off the CD? Seems to be even only on the 5oo calories a day if you eat a bit extra you put on weight. i'm worried what will happen when i start to eat. Obviously i wouldn't be going back to my old habits but even if you go onto 2000 calories a day it looks like you will gain?? Information on this please??

Working up the steps as you approach target allows your body to re-adjust as food is reintroduced. It also gives you the opportunity to rethink your eating habits & learn a new healthy approach.
As with any diet, if you revert to your old eating habits you will gain weight.
There are plenty of maintainers who are testament to the fact that maintaining your weightloss is perfectly achievable, if approached in the correct way x

the main reason you gain lbs after a cheat is the sudden intake of carbs and therefore a water gain (from glycogen stores re-filling themselves)... so you need to work up the diff levels to add carbs in a more structured way than you do when you 'cheat'...

hope this helps x

Hello, from what I understand you will gain a little weight after finishing the diet regardless of what you eat - this is due to water. This is why maintenance is so important. I also plan to lose about 3-4 lbs more than I need to allow for this.
I did the diet before and got to healthy weight but didn't manage to get to goal - 14lbs short. I didn't go up the plan and ended up putting 1/2 the weight back on (1st2lbs)
This time I will go up the plan properly!
Ceri

Eat sensibly & you'll be fine. I gained 2lb the week after finishing on CD but then went on to lose 2 1/2st in the following months. You regain after any diet if you go back to eating rubbish!

the main reason you gain lbs after a cheat is the sudden intake of carbs and therefore a water gain (from glycogen stores re-filling themselves)... so you need to work up the diff levels to add carbs in a more structured way than you do when you 'cheat'...

Aaahh that makes sense. So whats involved in the maintenance plan??

Aaahh that makes sense. So whats involved in the maintenance plan??

It's all listed in the book :) You spend a couple of weeks on each plan. The plans gradually increase calories up to 1500, and get the carb levels back to normal.

The plans up to maintenance are vital for the majority of us. I certainly don't think I would have got the full benefit of the diet without doing them.

Back