Weight GAIN?!

maddie_tc

Just left Cambridge for Atkins to loose the very last few pounds and wanted a low carb lifestyle, 3 days in and I have gained 2kg (I expected max 1kg gain) but what's worse is that my belly is veeeery bloated! Am I gaining weight from Atkins?? (as my body has never been used to a high fat diet). I was really used to seeing those big losses week after week and suddenly a gain :(

Any idea??

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can imagine how distressing that must be, but try not to panic! If you're just off Cambridge this is a huge change for your body. You're probably eating a lot more calories than you were, let alone carb levels, nutrients- everything. Some ups and downs are to be expected.

It's demoralising to see the scale go up, I know, but hang in there. Give it two weeks to sort itself out, and try to keep calm! :)

Hi there, It is possible that it isn't fat weight as as much as the weight of the food physically in your body - if you see what I mean.

Also, not sure about the flax, I know are suitable for induction but others may be able to advise on how much. I thought Atkins had it down for constipation! Also, it does absorb water and will weigh a bit as it passes through (sorry can't find a more delicate way of putting it)

It may take your body a bit of time to adapt to food again. Hopefully next week will look very different and you'll see good numbers on the scales.

It feels absolutely depressing! I'm scared I'll be up a dress size in no time if it continues like this :( let's see what happens next week, it's just sooo scary how I had a flaaaat stomach last week and now I look 5months pregnant...! I really don't want to stop with Atkins as I find it easy but I'm scared o what's going on! Ur right soraya hopefully I have better results in a weeks time.

Xx

So guys had a lot of water will spare you the tmi but I am miraculously 1.5kg down :) at least I'm heading towards the right direction!!

Hijacking your thread for a little moan. I've not lost a sausage this week, not an ounce. It's depressing because that's probably the result of just half a chocolate pudding last Tuesday- that's all it takes to completely throw my losses off. Used to be able to get away with that kind of thing. Not anymore.

There's no question of me "giving up", but it's so darn frustrating when I'm so close. I just want to hit 196lb YESTERDAY. I just want to be able to say "I'm not obese". Once I get there it can go as slow as it likes, I don't mind, but GET ME THERE PLEASE! :mad: :cry:

/rant

Hijacking your thread for a little moan. I've not lost a sausage this week, not an ounce. It's depressing because that's probably the result of just half a chocolate pudding last Tuesday- that's all it takes to completely throw my losses off. Used to be able to get away with that kind of thing. Not anymore.

There's no question of me "giving up", but it's so darn frustrating when I'm so close. I just want to hit 196lb YESTERDAY. I just want to be able to say "I'm not obese". Once I get there it can go as slow as it likes, I don't mind, but GET ME THERE PLEASE! :mad: :cry:

/rant

Have you had your greens? SUCH a help with the number 2's. :D

I am also trying to up my intake of water, still not really sure how much I should have, just drinking as much as I can.......

Me Too!!

I was the same Maddie, put 2lbs on towards end of last week, it has come off now, but it has been a disappointing couple of days. Keep with it, it will all come right!

Back