Weight loss.. 1000/790/ss?

Ajax

Finally...Life begins
Just wondering, as I think my weight losses have been quite strange past few weeks, I know I was off Cambridge for a couple of weeks and had carb overhaul, but anyway, to get back in slowly and for a medical reason I couldnt ss straight away.

So i done 1000 and lost 4 pounds (chuffed with that)
then I followed 1000 for a couple more days and then 790 for 4 days (didnt get into ketosis tho ?) and lost 3. Bit miffed with that but any loss is good in the long run.

anyway SS for the last 6 days, and weigh in is tonight. My scales say I have lost 5 pounds - but that will increase with the water i drink today I am sure. I am a bit dissapointed! I know 5 loss is still good, but I miss my big losses on SS, and I know I shuouldnt complain as I wouldnt get these losses on any other diet. I haven't cheated, not hungry and for once my ketosis sticks are pink not purple, so not dehyrdated!

Kick up the A*se needed or do I have reason to be miffed.:wave_cry:

(hoping my scales are naff and ill be suprised at weigh in tonight on my CD scales):sigh:

I would never lose any more than 3lbs in any week on SS or 790kcal. So I would consider yourself very lucky.

Never aim for more than 3lbs a week on the VLCDs, because although lots of people get higher weight losses, 3lbs a week is the average aiming point, and it's better to lose 3ish lbs a week and do the stone in a month and get to target happy with the rate of weight loss, than it is to feel it should be going quicker and be disappointed each week. If you see what I mean.

Never aim for more than 3lbs a week on the VLCDs, because although lots of people get higher weight losses, 3lbs a week is the average aiming point, and it's better to lose 3ish lbs a week and do the stone in a month and get to target happy with the rate of weight loss, than it is to feel it should be going quicker and be disappointed each week. If you see what I mean.

This is a good bit of advice that I will take also :) it is difficult when everyone around is having such large losses to remember that many have lots and lots to lose and are right at the beginning of their journey so will lose more.... I have found myself thinking... whooooo I am going to lose a stone in my first week, but have now reigned myself in thinking... that won't happen, but a loss is a loss and as you say the 3llb loss every week will give me that stone a month i crave...

It's sometimes hard to keep the feet on the ground!

Small losses also mean that it will be alot easier to keep the weight off.

I was very dissapointed with my slow weightloss at the start of the diet, but now i am happy with whatever i lose.

I think you have had fab losses on the other plans ( i wish i get this) and you should be very proud. Just try to stay positive because it is the only way you will be successful at CD.

Good Luck xx :)

Small losses also mean that it will be alot easier to keep the weight off.

Hmmm not neccessarily, hope you don't mind me saying but it doesn't really make any difference whether your weekly losses are big or small, what's important is that you don't return to old habits once you have lost your weight. Throughout this diet I have often been told 'ooh you'll put it all back on if you lose it too quickly' which just isn't true - I'll put it all back on if I go back to eating as much as I did when I weighed 20 odd stone.

3lb a week is however no small loss! If you weigh 3lb out and carry it around all day you'll soon realise what a big amount it is! 3lb of fat is massive!

Remember, every ounce is a loss - and it's going in the right direction so please try not to get disheartened by slow losses. Not easy when there are big losers about but we all lose at different rates :) My husband loses is at double quick speed and I have to try not to let him see my green with envy look :D

Hi Angela,

I think the smaller losses happen at first when you work down the stages, its not like massive carb overload that falls off when first SS as you have lost that whilst working down, and hopefully not had the shocking carb withdrawel too.

It will come off, and dont stress, just keep goin x

Hmmm not neccessarily, hope you don't mind me saying but it doesn't really make any difference whether your weekly losses are big or small, what's important is that you don't return to old habits once you have lost your weight. Throughout this diet I have often been told 'ooh you'll put it all back on if you lose it too quickly' which just isn't true - I'll put it all back on if I go back to eating as much as I did when I weighed 20 odd stone.

I agree that the only way to keep the weight off and to maintain is to not return to old habits. I was just saying that if someone was to lose the amount of weight that we can lose on CD in a month over say 3 months, they would probably be more likely to keep it off because they have had more variety in a normal diet (non CD) and dont have to be too cautious of things like carbs (if they were not on a low carb diet). They have also had more time to change their eating habits during the process of weightloss by choosing healthy alternatives etc, where we have to do that when going through maintainace.

I totally agree with all the people criticising the diet and saying that you can gain all the weight if we lose it too quickly and this is true if we didnt have the maintainance phase like we do. Lets not forget that i too am on the diet and i have experienced all the critical views from friends and family but i did my research and i am confident i can keep it off. It is an amazing diet.

I said that losing weight slowly will make it easier to keep off because i believe this is true from what i have experienced in the past and woking closely with dieticians. I also wanted to help Ajax feel more positive about her weightloss and keep her motivated.

I was upset with my slow weightloss at the beginning of my journey but as you begin to lose more weight and see all the changes a 1lb loss can make, you begin to appreciate and be happy about every bit of weightloss you have.

Ajax, I hope you stay motivated and strong through your journey because it will make you feel wonderful and very proud of yourself :)

Good Luck xx :)

Aww thanks all, got over my stupidness, i lost 5 pounds at weigh in so happy now.
Need to think positive thats my problem lol

I know this is abit late, but congrats on the weightloss :)

5lbs is an awesome weightloss. Keep up the fab work :cool: and stay positive xx :)

MB I could be misinterpreting it but I get a sense I have offended you with my post - if I have then I am sorry this was truly not my intention, maybe I just didn't word my reply as well as I could have. Neither was it my intention to waver Ajax's motivation and I hope I didn't.

MB I could be misinterpreting it but I get a sense I have offended you with my post - if I have then I am sorry this was truly not my intention, maybe I just didn't word my reply as well as I could have. Neither was it my intention to waver Ajax's motivation and I hope I didn't.

lol, nah you didnt offend me, i just like to make myself clear sometimes and get my point across properly. I am really good at explaining things so when i make a point it can get abit long winded, lol.

I dont think you were trying to waver AJax's motivation either. I have been where Ajax is now about how she feels about her weightloss and i just wanted to try and make her feel better like i know you were trying to do too.

I think i'm just in a funny moody today. I have found it difficult to explain to some friends why i cannot come too there birthday meals because of this diet. Then i have experienced all the criticising again and i have had to get my point across again and again today. Its just one of those days. But i wish people could just support you when you are trying to do something good like lose weught rather then criticise, but it is there birthdays :(. I do feel guilty for missing there birthdays :(. I think i might turn up at the end when the cake arrives to sing happy bday.

I'm sorry if i gave you the wrong message :hug99: xx

lol, nah you didnt offend me.
Good :)

I have been where Ajax is now about how she feels about her weightloss.
Oh yes me too - has brought me to near breaking point with the diet before when my losses suddenly went from 4 to 5 a week to 2lbs a week. I understand how horrible it can make you feel.

I think i'm just in a funny moody today. I have found it difficult to explain to some friends why i cannot come too there birthday meals because of this diet. Then i have experienced all the criticising again and i have had to get my point across again and again today. Its just one of those days. But i wish people could just support you when you are trying to do something good like lose weught rather then criticise, but it is there birthdays :(. I do feel guilty for missing there birthdays :(. I think i might turn up at the end when the cake arrives to sing happy bday.

I had the same situation, there were 5 of us all with birthdays around the same time (mine included!) and my friends (although usually very supportive) were already a bit miffed at having missed out on our usual girls Christmas do. So when I started with the 'ah but the diet' when it came to birthday time they were all a bit sad. In the end I had to decide on a compromise and said we could celebrate all 5 birthdays together in one night. One cake, one meal and one bottle of wine :D They were happy and I was happy :)

Could you not have a girls night in and maybe cook for them 790 style? Or go out to a restaurant and offer to drive? If you phoned around a few restaurants in advance and see if any of them can adjust the meals to fit in with the 790 plan then at least you might feel like you were joining in. Try not to feel guilty about it though...not easy I know but remember you have to put yourself first sometimes and this weight loss journey is an important one to all of us isn't it :)

:hug99:

awww, thank you for all your suggestions. I wish i could do what you mentioned but the girls are keen on having a big naughty full of fat kinda meal. Its like a mixture of birthdays, graduations and friends going away for abit, so everyone just wants to enjoy themselves. I dont think they will want to eat what is on my 790 menue, lol.

I thought about maybe taking a day off the diet and enjoying myself but i have not had a single cheat or fell off at all on CD and there is not long to go either. I have offered to go out with them after, my treat, but they kinda want all the girls there. I am not sure what i'm going to do but i will try figure something out.

Congrats on your weightloss, you have done so well and you are very strong for staying positive even with your low weightlosses. I really look upto everyone who has accomplished their goals, especially those who had such a lot to lose like yourself, it take alot of determination.

8 stones gone forever :D well done :)

awww, thank you for all your suggestions. I wish i could do what you mentioned but the girls are keen on having a big naughty full of fat kinda meal. Its like a mixture of birthdays, graduations and friends going away for abit, so everyone just wants to enjoy themselves. I dont think they will want to eat what is on my 790 menue, lol.

I thought about maybe taking a day off the diet and enjoying myself but i have not had a single cheat or fell off at all on CD and there is not long to go either. I have offered to go out with them after, my treat, but they kinda want all the girls there. I am not sure what i'm going to do but i will try figure something out.

Congrats on your weightloss, you have done so well and you are very strong for staying positive even with your low weightlosses. I really look upto everyone who has accomplished their goals, especially those who had such a lot to lose like yourself, it take alot of determination.

8 stones gone forever :D well done :)

Absolutely, you're so close now it would be a shame to go astray. Imagine the feeling you'll have when you complete the journey! :wow:

I guess the only solution with the girls is if you have the willpower to be able to go out with them, somewhere they can eat anything they like and drink themselves silly and you can stick to your water and 790 meal (if you find a chef that'll prepare one for you, but I'm sure there are some out there :)). That would take a lot of willpower but you do sound like you've got that - you must have to have come this far without lapsing.

Thank you for the congrats :D I'm not at the end yet but I'm getting close :D :bliss:

Well done you anyway, you're nearly there ;)

Absolutely, you're so close now it would be a shame to go astray. Imagine the feeling you'll have when you complete the journey! :wow:

I guess the only solution with the girls is if you have the willpower to be able to go out with them, somewhere they can eat anything they like and drink themselves silly and you can stick to your water and 790 meal (if you find a chef that'll prepare one for you, but I'm sure there are some out there :)). That would take a lot of willpower but you do sound like you've got that - you must have to have come this far without lapsing.

Thank you for the congrats :D I'm not at the end yet but I'm getting close :D :bliss:

Well done you anyway, you're nearly there ;)

I think i would do fine with sitting with my mates when they happily munched away, lol. I dont have to worry about drinking either because we dont drink alcohol, we just stick to fizzy pop, lol. ( i have not craved coke at all whilst on CD, strange)

The only thing i am worried about is my friends saying that i could at least have a day off for something as special as a friends birthday (i have experienced this alot in the past and gave in). We usually go to indian retaurants aswell. I thought about bringing my own food along, just sneakin it in, lol, but i might just turn up close to the end. I dont mind too much because we all have many birthdays and partys to come and i will be throwing a big one soon after i reach goal. I think i will feel more proud that i put myself first for once, i never do that.

I guess we are both nearly close to our goals. I am getting kinda impatient now, lol, but i am hanging on. I wish we could do SS all the way to goal but i guess that wouldnt be healthy.

The only downside i see is the money. I know it doesnt cost alot but CD sachets + 790 food is about £45-£50 a week and i live off benefits too. But it'll all be worth it in the end. I guess is does cost more too be healthy and eat good quality food, which is a downside i guess. Fast food and junk like crisps and sweets are alot more affordable and can be to blame for this obesity epidemic we are having in Britain.

Lol, sorry about the rant but i used to want to be a dietician, so i was and still am interested in all this.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice :) xx

I think i would do fine with sitting with my mates when they happily munched away, lol. I dont have to worry about drinking either because we dont drink alcohol, we just stick to fizzy pop, lol. ( i have not craved coke at all whilst on CD, strange)

The only thing i am worried about is my friends saying that i could at least have a day off for something as special as a friends birthday (i have experienced this alot in the past and gave in). We usually go to indian retaurants aswell. I thought about bringing my own food along, just sneakin it in, lol, but i might just turn up close to the end. I dont mind too much because we all have many birthdays and partys to come and i will be throwing a big one soon after i reach goal. I think i will feel more proud that i put myself first for once, i never do that.

I guess we are both nearly close to our goals. I am getting kinda impatient now, lol, but i am hanging on. I wish we could do SS all the way to goal but i guess that wouldnt be healthy.

The only downside i see is the money. I know it doesnt cost alot but CD sachets + 790 food is about £45-£50 a week and i live off benefits too. But it'll all be worth it in the end. I guess is does cost more too be healthy and eat good quality food, which is a downside i guess. Fast food and junk like crisps and sweets are alot more affordable and can be to blame for this obesity epidemic we are having in Britain.

Lol, sorry about the rant but i used to want to be a dietician, so i was and still am interested in all this.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice :) xx

Hmm it's a tricky one...you could tell your friends that you if you ate lots of junk on a night out it would make you feel quite poorly after having sole sourced - so you're sticking to what you can have because you don't want that to happen ;) Also I've found Indian restaurants to be very accommodating, in the past I've had balti's cooked without fat and I my mother in law often has chicken tikka and salad as a main course - that's very low :)

It's true though that there will be next year's birthdays and you can celebrate them all then without worrying about straying from the plan.

I know what you mean about healthy food and the cost, I remember doing the Gillian McKeith diet for a couple of weeks, it nearly broke the bank!

Back