Weight loss and periods??

SarahMP

Have any of you noticed your monthly cycle becomes out of sync when you lose weight. I've been doing slimming world 4 weeks now....and getting on great. I am overweight and I know that can cause irregular cycles but....it's never been a problem before. I'm really late now and it's annoying me.

I'm not pregnant, we are not trying.

I'm just curious to how long it took others to get back on track.

Hi Sarah,
I found my cycles did change a bit as I was losing at first, but soon settled into a regular pattern. I use an app to track my cycle called CLUE. I started using it when I was trying for children but I now still use it, post children, because it's useful to track when I'm due on, my mood swings and food cravings. I like knowing that my insane chocolate cravings are because of something hormonal not just my weak willpower haha!
Fat does affect your hormones/body chemistry so it's usual to experience changes.

Yep I can put on like 3lbs pre-period and feel sooooooooooooooo bloated. I just remind myself that it is water retention and it will go X

Yep I can put on like 3lbs pre-period and feel sooooooooooooooo bloated. I just remind myself that it is water retention and it will go X
I get this too. Super bloated.I was asking whether it creates irregular cycles for people. I'm really late on my period for the first time in ages and I guess it's the weight loss playing games on the body.

Back