Weight loss in the first week

Hi I'm new to LT and on my 6th day. Finding it quite easy up to now. No headaches, no hunger, infact sometimes I have to force myself to have a shake coz I dont feel hungry AT ALL!! One probably I am getting is really bad wind and the runs....this happen to anyone else??

My first way in is on Monday. My first weigh in I was 15st 7lb (thats around 219lbs or 100kg I think)

I am a bit dubious that I've lost anything at all as I look the same and feel the same

So was wondering what people have lost in their first week?

If you have been 100% hun expect a good loss.... mine seems to go all at once!!!

The wind and runs is quite common hun!!! It passes!!!

Good luck on your LT journey!!! x

Hi love welcome!
To be honest weight loss depends on how big you are to start so someone who's say 18 stone will have more of a loss in there first week than someone who's 12 stone.
This is my 3rd time I'm only on day 5 but the first time I did lt my first week I lost 7lbs i was 13.4 stone I'd say you should expect to lose about 8 or 9 lbs!!
Good luck stick to it you are doing so well already just remember lots of water!!

Hi I'm very similar hun my first weigh in is tuesday I've had no headaches etc no hunger or bathroom issues... But I do feel and look the same... However it is very early days and from what I see from others the results are so impressive!
The only thing I am gutted about is I've just started with my TOTM so will be bloated as hell for my first weigh in :( xx

Peachy I reckon you'll still have a good loss for weigh in número UNO and think of it like this you'll also have a wicked weigh in week 2!!

Dahlia Rose said:
Peachy I reckon you'll still have a good loss for weigh in número UNO and think of it like this you'll also have a wicked weigh in week 2!!

Thanks honey I hope so, I'm actually loving this programme! And yeah if this bloatedness doesn't shift by tuesday I'm gonna have a blinder next week haha! :) xx

I think it all depends on your weight and your metabolism. I started 18.4 and lost 14lb in the 1st week. My mam is 12st and is on her third day and has lost 7lb already!! Everyone is different hun. Im sure ull have a good loss. x

The way to look at it girls is it's a journey, both big and small losses... But all going in the right direction! :) every day is one step closer to targets!

Yep - everyone varies, so don't have too high expectations - I lost 5lbs and I was chuffed to bits, but I hadn't seen this forum at the time! If I'd seen some of the people who've lost a stone in 1 week I'd probably have been disheartened...

In a way, the first week isn't really important, in that it's mainly just getting rid of your glycogen store and the massive amount of water that is bound up with it. By the second week, you'll be in ketosis and then EVERY SINGLE POUND you lose is going to be pure fat!
:bliss:

As for noticing a difference, I was probably 4 or 5 weeks, before I thought I could see it in the mirror! Some people have mentioned measuring body parts, to have a better idea. I haven't done that myself (though I wish I had...) but what I did was line up old trousers and skirts in the wardrobe in the order that they were too small for me and tried them about once a week. When you see the gap at the zip closing, it's wonderful! That reassured me that something was definitely happening, even if the mirror suggested otherwise.

Enjoy your journey,
Marianne x

PS That's why my avatar is of my beloved turquoise tartan troos - my first big victory was getting back into them!

If you have been 100% hun expect a good loss.... mine seems to go all at once!!!

The wind and runs is quite common hun!!! It passes!!!

Good luck on your LT journey!!! x

Yep mine 100%. My partner cant believe my will power as Im such a big foodie and really enjoy food.

The hardest thing for me is turning down invites to bbqs, parties, restarant etc

I know for a fact that alot of people I know wont understand the diet and will say that having just shakes and no solid food isnt healthy.

I thought not having alcohol would be hard but find that quite easy actually but have turned down some inivites to go out because it will seem weird to people if I just drank water all night

Thanks for all the encouraging replies. Looking forward to my wiegh in on Monday and all the others too!!

As previously said, it's a journey, I only list 3lbs in my first week, but 4 weeks later I've lost 20! So don't put too much pressure on yourself. Good luck!

I think it all depends on your weight and your metabolism. I started 18.4 and lost 14lb in the 1st week. My mam is 12st and is on her third day and has lost 7lb already!! Everyone is different hun. Im sure ull have a good loss. x

Why is it the heavier you are the quicker/more you lose in a short space of time?? Someone told me that it is similar when freezing water. If you put hot water in the freezer it will freeze quicker than if you put cold water in!! Says its true but still doesnt make sense to me

As for matabolism, I'm having macha green tea in the morning. Green tea is supposed to help with metabolism and macha is a high caffine green tea but it gradually increases, unlike coffee which spikes your energy and then it falls quickly. Surprised how I'm not missing sugar at all!!

Also getting on the step machine when I can. Only done 15mins a couple nights this week but hopeing to do more in the coming weeks

All it is, is the heavier you are!! The more calories you burn per day caryying your body about!!! Your body has to work harder if your heavy!!!

X

Back