Weight loss over the week

Rozziebabe85

This is my second week doing SW. I lost 4.5 pounds and was really pleased. I started week 2 on Monday but couldn't resist weighing myself yesterday (Friday) to see how I was doing - shock horror I haven't lost anything. Is this normal? I'm doing exactly the same as last week? My mum said that with slimming world your weight loss doesn't really show until the end of the week. Does anyone agree?

Its completely normally, especially if you are weighing on scales that are not your official weigh in ones.

There are many threads on here, if you do a search, about sneaky peeks and early weigh ins and why they are almost always inaccurate and more often than not a bad idea, but lots of us do it!
Just don't panic. If you've been following the plan, there is no reason why you shouldn't get a good weigh in on monday.
Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. Will try and be more disciplined about weighing myself - it has let me down on other diets before. When I don't see a loss I feel disheartened and give up.

Thanks for the advice. Will try and be more disciplined about weighing myself - it has let me down on other diets before. When I don't see a loss I feel disheartened and give up.

That's exactly why it's a bad idea :) Your body naturally fluctuates a lot at different times of the week/times of the day anyway, so the most accurate way is to only take notice of your official WI weight - same day, same time each week when possible :)

Just a couple of words of advice - lose the home scales they mess with yr head. Just take the s w weigh in ones as yr true weight. Good luck at weigh in, you will probably be pleasantly surprised

I find that it sometimes takes me 2 weeks..... i.e 0.5lb one week, then 5lb the next... seems strange.... I also do the WI at class and have seen this in so so many people.... i tell them that this happens to me, when they say they have been 100% and only lost 1/2 a pound.... be good and next week they will see the reward.... 1 woman lost 8lb the following week and has followed this pattern .... just takes a wee bit too budge it lol xx

If you are serious about losing the weight properly, then lose the scales at home. Most people will feel down when it shows a gain or STS, the chances are you will react in one of 3 ways
1) Sod it, if I am not losing weight after being an angel I may as well eat this packet of crisps/cake/bar of choc/pizza (*delete as appropriate :))
2) Think that you are eating far too much and go on a hunger strike which is NOT what you should be doing
or 3) Accept that bodies fluctuate every day and probably every hour depending on food & water consumption/excretion

How many people do you know would take option 3? From the amount of posts I see on here saying the exact same thing you have I can tell you that not very many people do.

For the sake of your sanity - if you cant handle it, hop off! You have the proper scales at group so just be patient and wait the 7 days! Well done on your loss and believe in the plan, it really does work :) xx

I have the same problem and weigh myself several times a day, sometimes i think well why is nothing changing and other times it puts me in a really good mood, but it totally isnt worth it, so i wish i could convince myself not to weigh, so now im going to try my hardest to get to WI day on wednesday. im also on my 2nd week of slimming world though and as someone who has been on the scales i have noticed the same thing, no change, compared to the first week when i lost 5 and a half ibs

Thanks for your support and guidance. I have taken the batteries out of my scales and asked my OH to hide them. I will never find them!!!

Back