Weight Loss slowing down at last few weeks

Mini_Me

LighterLife Returner
Hi All,

I have lost 7.5 stones since starting LL. I have lost on average 3 to 4 lbs per week, up until the last 4 weeks - when I have been losing only 1 to 2 lbs.

I have started some excercise a few weeks ago, jogging and mild weights - but weight loss is still low (last week I lost 0lbs!!)...

Does any body else have any experience of this?

I have 1.5 stones to go, and at this rate, I will be on LL for another 3 months!!!

Somtimes I think that if I'm losing only 1lb a week, I might as well go into RTM???

Mr Mini Me

Are you being 100% abstienant? No lapsing or even micro-mini lapsing? And are you drinking enough water?

It does slow down after the initial weeks - it wouldn't be safe to lose 5+/- pounds a week. My losses were a bit of a cycle - ranging from 6 pounds down to 3 ounces. I had one run with 3 weeks where I losr 3 ounces, next week 6 ounces and the third week about 4 ounces.

But, the other big weeks wipe out the small losses and collectively it all adds up quicker then anything else.

Stick to it - if you are 100%, it will come off.

1.5 stone might be hard to lose in RTM - I am on week 5 of RTM, and after the third week- the losses reallllly slow down to just maintaining - which is the point.

Let us know what you decide!

Hi Mini-Me. I'm on CD, pretty much the same as LL. I just started exercising again and my weight has stalled too. I stayed the same last week and may well do so again this week. Like you I'm 100% doing the diet.

I suppose I'm figuring that it's impossible NOT to lose weight on these very low cal diets so its just not showing yet!

Cheers for the reply BL,

I have just been going through my weigh-in records - and although my average has come down considerably, I have had weeks in the past where losses were higher than average, balancing out the lower loss weeks - like you say...

Maybe my average will pick up again over the next couple of weeks. I will stick to development and see how it goes over the next couple of weeks...

Regards,

Mr. Mini Me

Hi Coley,

My wife suggested that it may be muscle that is growing as a result of the excercise - adding weight, and offsetting any losses... But I don't know if that is true or not. Does Muscle really weigh more than fat? even so - I have no way of measuring my muscle mass (i don't have those cleaver scales at home)...

Regards

Mr. Mini Me

muscle does weigh more, but it depends on how long you have been working out. My trainer advised me it takes an awful long time to build muscle to the point it would show on the scales.

But you are a man - and you lot do this whole diet thing a lot faster then women.

Hrumpfh. Er - I mean - lucky you!!! :D :D

See how it goes - sometimes to much exercise will slow down losses if you are on very low calories, etc. :)

I'm not a man though! I'm only doing a bit of running/walking on the treadmill and some weights. I'm just hoping for that big whooooosh of weight loss!

I'm not a man though! I'm only doing a bit of running/walking on the treadmill and some weights. I'm just hoping for that big whooooosh of weight loss!

That was directed at Mini Me's comments actualy, who referred to his wifes comments, etc. :)

hi All,

Thanks for the replies- my loss was 3lbs this week. Slightly less than average, but higher than the last 3 weeks, so maybe its on the up again...

Hoo-ray!

Mr Mini Me

Back