Induction Weight loss stalled

sallyc6

Hi folks, been on atkins for a week and a half and for the last 5 days I haven't lost any weight. Have lost 6lbs and am stuck! Haven't changed what I'm doing except been at work and only been able to have 2 meals and no snacks a day! Any advice?

Hi, this is quite normal for atkins, weight loss is erratic, you will find that suddenly you will loose more weight, there is a thread here about it, I will hunt around and give you the link. Basically your body holds on to water from time to time and then suddenly let's it go... just keep on going and you will loose. Good luck.

The thread called ....atkins questions answered.....lots of info there about stalls.

Sally I lost 5lbs the first week but 1lb the second. I am just thinking a loss is a loss and hoping for next week!
We have to keep up the good work :) xx

Hi Sally - totally normal and common for loss to stall in the second or third week of induction. Your body is consolidating that first week loss.

After this you can expect to lose an average of around 2lbs a week if you stay on plan - but don't weigh daily, you won't and can't show a loss every day - often your loss for the week might occur over only one night, and then you'd spend 6 days out of 7 feeling disheartened.

Do read the Atkins questions answered thread and look through the stickies - some useful stuff there.

You can also post your menus here if you'd like, and people will check them for you.

After this you can expect to lose an average of around 2lbs a week if you stay on plan.

Is this loss only while you stay on induction, or should I expect this sort of loos once I move to the next phase?

I've been on the second rung of owl since I started and I've had this type of loss - owl is about adding new foods in small increments until you find the point at which either you're comfortable to stay or you stop losing.

Back