Weight loss surgery

lieloo

Hi there,:sign0163:
I'm new to minimins, a friend recomended it to me for good advise and weight loss issues. I wondered if there may be anyone who could give me any advice as to what happens at a referal. My GP wrote on my behalf to the local PCT a few weeks ago. The local PCT has sent a letter back saying they are pleased to inform me that i have been accepted for a referal for surgery at my nearest obesity hospital which for me will be Hull as i live in Grimsby. Im not sure if this means i can have the surgery all being well or if they just talk about your weight issues. I want to be overjoyed but im afraid to be happy incase i go and they say i cant have surgery. The only medical issues i have is a little high B/P and my weight is about 290lbs. Like alot of people i have had my weight problems all of my teenage/adult life and have tried so hard.... to no avail. Could any pre/post op roomies give me any good advise, i would be extremely happy to read any stories issues advice etc. thanks kindly lis xx :confused:

Hi there, welcome to minimins. I'm sure you'll find all the support you need. You will probably find more information in the Surgical Weight Loss Forum. There are posts in there answering various questions and people keeping diaries of surgery etc... If you go back to the minimins main page - weight loss surgery forum and scroll down the page a bit you'll find the forum link.

hiya and well done on your funding, i am awaiting mine and a mate had one done so here goes, first yes u will get the op 2. when u go to hosp u have 2 hr appoint wif loads of test, 3 you go back and decide if u want it, 4 you go on a special diet for 4 weeks to prove u r comitted, 5 you go back if alls well you get a date, 6 you do liver shrinking diet for 7 days have op, i doinn milk diet at the moment, it takes between 3.6 months before op

Back