weight loss with CAmbridge that is not sole source

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Chantal, 19 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Chantal

Chantal Member

I am hoping someone can help. I have lost about 4 stone on sole source, and think it is wonderful! My husband wants to lose about 3 1/2 stone and is considering the 1000 calorie version of Cambridge-he seems to think he will feel hungry on SS-he won't believe me when I say he will not!

Other than the fact that he'll be getting the vits and minerals, is it worth doing this version of the diet, or would he be better off on a 1000 cal low carb diet without the Cambridge shakes?

Any thoughts welcome!

thanks

Chantal x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Hiya Chantal

If you're only having around 1000 cals a day, the two CD packs are very important for your nutrition, on the small amount of food you'd be having it's unlikely you'd get enough vitamins etc.

I have a couple of clients doing the 1000 plan, because their BMI was too low to start on SS and they are losing around 2-3 lbs per week, so it's still a good steady loss.

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    As a man he would have 4 Cdshakes/soups a day.

What about 790 plan???? - he'd have 3 Cd meals a day plus a meal of chicken/fish and veg or salad.

Or he could start on 1000 plan and go down to 790 or SS - on 1000 he wouldn't be in ketosis - where as he might be on 790plan.

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    CD1000 is almost bound to be better than D.I.Y. 1000 because of the added vits and the higher level of protein that helps you feel more satisfied.

He won't be in ketosis though, and may well feel hungrier than you.

His losses will be fab though if he sticks to it 100%. Men are lucky like that ;)

6. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    I would recommend that he does 790 instead of 1000 as he will be in a mild state of ketosis on 790 which will help him control the physical hunger, it will be easier to stick to than 1000 where you are aren't in ketosis and hence at times of the day can be really hungry.

Mike

7. girlygirl

girlygirl Silver Member

I look on my two CD packs a day as the foundation stones of my 1000 plan.

They're good 'health insurance', and leave plenty of calories spare for whatever else you want to eat.

I'm glad to see a 2 to 3lb per week weight loss being recorded. Will let you all know next Friday what MY losses turn out to be, counting from yesterday. I am aiming high - 4lb! But 3lb would be fab.

8. Chantal

Chantal Member

Thank you all for your replies! I have made my husband read them to help him decide what to do!

thanks again

Chantal

9. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    I totally agree with Icemoose - 790 is a better bet than 100 - I did both, and as soon as I went up to 1000 I was ravenously hungry - not so on 790.
    Ann

10. Brightness

Brightness Happily on CD

I wish someone would talk my hubby into doing CD too :sigh:

Mike, can I borrow you for a week so he can see how fit and healthy you are? :D

11. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya B

How much has he got to lose? Can't you get him on 790 as within a few weeks he will shrink like a prune and then the motivation is self purpetuating ??

M.

12. Chantal

Chantal Member

Well, in a complete turnaround, my husband has now decided to try sole source!

Thanks again for all the replies and advice

Chantal

13. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

I've always done the 1000 plan - and lost 15lb in 4 weeks!! He'll be fine!

14. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

lol, just seen your post, guess he'll be fine on SS too!!!!!!

15. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

Hi Chantal - just to let you know (and it may encourage your OH !) - my OH has lost just over TWO stone :eek: in just 4 weeks on 790cals....and hasn't felt hungry at all :D

fingers crossed hubby takes your advice !

love

Debz
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.