weight loss...

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
I spoke to my aunt today who is also on xenical.i dont see her or talk to her very often but i asked her how much weight she had lost since march when she started and she has lost 3 stone..

she was weighed today and in a month she had lost 4lbs. :rolleyes:

shes quite a hard person to talk to and get details etc from but i do know that shes not following the 5gs rules etc as i dont think she knows of it (i only found out through this site) she says she is careful of fat.

i didnt want to say to her,but if i lost only 4lbs in a whole month i think i would be a little bit gutted, when i think that you guys here are loosing that in a week, especially Kes who lost 6.5 lbs in a week!! :eek:

so whats everyones average monthly or weekly loss?

i think i felt a little disheartend when i spoke with her,as im really hoping for good losses,im not expecting mircles but you know what i mean :D

WHen anybody loses weight it's normal to plateau at some point. Sometimes upping the calories intake by a couple of 100 can kick start the metabolism and get the weight loss going again.

My losses range from anything between nothing (on a bad week) to 4.75lbs on a very good week. For me, it's about balance - I know I can have very good losses (2-3lbs) if I have no social occasions, but I also feel the need to sometimes put dieting on the back-burner and live my life a little, even if it means a slower journey (I know this can be done without over-indulging, but I struggle with this).

As far as your Aunt goes, it sounds like she's done really well to lose 3 stone so far :). I agree, I would be a bit disappointed with 4lbs per month, but I suppose it depends whether she's actively decided to take the scenic route (in which case, no problem) or whether her weight loss has slowed down because she doesn't fully understand the Xenical rules.
Age comes into it as well...you didn't mention how old she is, but it does get harder to lose weight as you get older, so that could also account for slightly slower losses.

I wouldn't compare yourself too much to anyone to be honest - dieting is so different for each person, with so many variables (how heavy you are, how much exercise you do, what you eat, what you drink, how strict you are..etc..etc..etc) so it's impossible to compare one person's exerience against anothers.

x

We're all different though, and we all lose at different rates. If your Aunt has been on the tabs since March, then I would have expected her weight loss to maybe slow down a bit by now. You also get periods of slower weight loss or even plateau as your body fights against the weight loss. As long as the scales are going in the right direction then for me, that's all that matters. Someone once wrote on Minis ( I forget who, sorry), but basically we're all on a journey, and some of us take a more scenic route than others, but we all get to our destinations in the end :D
x

i think everyone is getting the wrong idea about me at the moment.....

i lost 6.5lbs last week because im doing a tfr diet for 10 weeks to get me into my wedding dress.
i dont want to do it and would much rather be continuing doing it the healthy way. but time isnt on my side...
and hitting a plateu like i have didnt help!...

everyone loses at different rates.
i was a 2lbs a week girl for ages. then it went up and down depending on my muscles and how hard i had work at the gym...
some people can lose 6.5lbs + on this diet (depending on how badly they ate before hand)

im sticking around posting on this side of the forum because i couldnt live without my xenical group... we are all so tight knit that i couldnt survive anything without you all....

I think if she has been on Xenical since March then 1 pound a week is fair enough, big losses are never going to happen week on week after that length of time.

KB

Kes, what is a tfr diet?

total food replacement.

cambridge diet

Thanks guys,you've definitely made me feel better about it all :)..its my first weigh in on monday since being on xenical and it think my aunt just disheartened me am bit :rolleyes:

she doesnt know anything about the rules and i know she lost nothing for a good month,i just hope that trying hard will show on the scales on monday..although im dying to get on them now :D

Back