Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

weight on SW

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Aisha25, 28 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Aisha25

Aisha25 Member

hi guys

quick question did you do weigh yourselves before your weigh in? i have a habbit of stepping on the scales every morning. i joined SW on monday evening and havent noticed a huge difference on the scales did this happen to any of you? and you actually lost on your first weigh in?

please help :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Nixy

Nixy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am the same I have got my boyfriend to hide the battery. Other wise im on them all the time.
    I did also weigh myself before weigh in last time I did SW, i'm trying to be different this time :)

4. chazle

chazle Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I do weigh every morning but I am realistic as I know it will be different at WI as my class is in the evening.
    Last week I thought I had only lost 1lb when I weighed in the morning but weighed myself just before class and I had lost 2lb! ( my scales are almost exact to the SW scales)

5. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    I used to do this the morning before weigh-in. i don't anymore - after jumping on one evening mid week and being told i'd put on 13lbs from the morning before weigh-in. (in the end i'd only put on 4lb that week).

The low feeling when you see a daily/mid-week gain - just isn't worth it. the feeling that you can have a small extra treat when it's showing a good loss - that is good - until it comes time to stand on the scales in group and it's no-where near a good a loss as you thought.

Hide the scales - there's only one set of scales that matter to you know - and those are the ones in group.

6. chazle

chazle Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Good advice Ian maybe I should follow it after looking at your stats! Wow! well done xxx
    p.s I agree that it 'ain't a diet' x

7. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Best advice I've ever heard.

Obsessing about it will only make the loss harder, trust the weigh in scales!! xx

8. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(29.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I weigh myself every single day.

But then I'm just a very naughty boy :D

9. chocolatetrish

chocolatetrish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(29.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I weigh myself on a monday morning before I leave the house to get weighed ... it just gives me a little heads up before i get there!!! I just cant bear to wait!!!

10. Lilyb

Lilyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've made a promise to myself that this time I will only do one WI a week at my group and will not use the scales at home at all. I used to get caught up in every little fluctuation and it affected my moods (and diet!) so much so its been quite liberating not doing it, I just concentrate on one day at a time and literally don't have a clue what the scales are going to say until I get to group.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.