Weight V Dress size

pticouk

I'm not sure what weight I want to be as everyone agrees I don't look the weight I am, so I'm more I want to be a specific dress size, I remember being told years ago at WW that 1 stone loss should equal 1 dress size.

Currently I'm size 20/22 depends where I shop all my 22 trousers I get on without undoing the zip or buttons (my jeans even fall down if I run down the stairs!!) but size 20 are too tight accross my tum!

Because of the types of clothes I like (surfer/skate/bmx style) I'd like to be a 14-16 and so in the bmi calculator I put 12 stone as that seems reasonable however it's saying that that still counts as obese! where to be healthy I need to be down to 10 stone, but I don't want to be that low as I still like the fact that I'm curvy and hourglass shape,I'd be so happy if I was marilyn monroe's size.

Is there anyone else that doesn't want to get as low as is suggested for their height?

Thanks

Helen

I'm 5foot 4 and am just under 10stone and am size 10 bottoms and 12 tops. I too have an hour glass figure, very curvy with big boobs.

I think i look better this size than any other size (bigger or smaller!). I pretty much went down a dress size per stone and was a size 14 at 12 stone.

I don't think you'll want to stop at 14/16 cos it's addictive and very quick seeing yourself shrink!!!

Not sure about that! I don't think I'd suit it much, plus I'd just be trapped inside swathes of loose skin!!!

Helen

Your choice hun, wherever you feel most comfortable. 12 stone at your height will still be obese. My upper healthy bmi is 10.5 stone so i guess yours will be a little less that that.

You do what's best for you - suck it and see!!

I'm aiming for 11 stone at the mo and that's a bit above the upper band of my healthy bmi, I'm 5'5". That's not a rigid target, I'm gonna see how I feel once I'm around that range :) It's good to have a target but don't be restricted by it, you wont know til you get there! ;)

Gemma x

I've set my weight at 8.5 stone which is mid heathy range for my 5 ft height! I'll see how i get on and may stop earlier depsnding on how I feel! Its a very personal thing but I'm going until I feel happy with my body but wouldnt want to be more than a 12 being honest...You just go with what makes you comfortable!

This one is a bit of a toughie. My 1st goal is to lose 7st, but that will still keep me slightly above BMI reccomended number.
I'm 5ft 7 and so probably need to be somewhere between 10 -11 st???
I'm playing it by ear. Will review after my 7st loss to see where I am, how I feel and what my clothes are up to.

anyone know what an 'ideal' weight range is for a 5ft 7 person? :)

Thanks chinchilla - I'll have a look.
Have found the goal setting around weight really tough since day 1 and know that I've not faced the truth yet!!!
7st off will take me to 12.7. Had initially thought that would take me into management where I would aim to lose a further stone bringing me in at 11.7. I so know that I need to be lighter than that, but just havent been able to imagine still doing this come Sep/Oct...maybe Nov!!!!
My rational head says 'what's 8 months of weight loss compared to 8 years of miserable weight gain?' Gonna review and get positive!

HI,

Just wanted to say I had this very debate with myself a few weeks ago and ended up feeling demotivated (see my BLOG for the moans!). :eek:

In the end I worked through it, discussed it with my LLC and she agreed I could stop when I wanted to even if I was above the health BMI. :)

Like you I want to remain curvy and all I could visualise were stick thin people which I did not want to be.

I am only on week 9, but since telling myself I will stop when I want to, and not when LL or anybody tells me, I have been more motivated to carry on. :party0011:

My advice like the others have said is wait and see, you will still have a great figure and at some point during this journey find what feels right for you.

Good Luck :party0038:

Sam

i know what you are saying. You can have two people of the same height and same weight, yet they look completely different. However.... If you only go to 12 stone and am happy with yourself then its the correct weight for you. However i am 10.5 and 5'6 and still very curvy with big knockers!:)

Hi,

I am so glad that you started this thread as this has been on my mind a lot recently. I am now in week 10, I go into week 11 Thursday.

I am 5ft 4in and my starting weight was 12.9st. My weight on Thursday was 10.3st. I feel really bad as when I started LL I would have been glad to have been in the 10's and now I am here, I feel nothing. I am still struggling with clothes sizes as on the 2nd December last year (I know this because it was my work xmas party) I weighed 10.9 but my body was smaller. At that time I was doing a lot of running but down to a combination of things I am limiting the running I do so I therefore think that and the fact that I am now not on my feet all day at work and am now in a office I have not toned my lowere half as much as I would have hoped for the weight I am.

My goal weight was 9-91/2st. Thats looks very unlikely to be achievable by the end of foundation, which I am sad about as I had hoped to go straight into management (the bonus though is that I will still get to stay with most of my group if I go onto development!) I have said to myself all along that I will take each day as it comes and will stop when I feel comfortable with how my clothes fit.

Because everyone is different I think it is very hard to go by weight and bmi, as some people are more muscley than others, others have big bones, some are pear shapes, some apple, etc. I think what I am trying to say here is as long as you are confortable, I wouldn't worry too much about bmi or weight. My sister is 1/2 an inch shorter than me but has a smaller frame. So when I weighed 7.9st last year and she weighed a healthy 9-9.3st I still looked bigger as my frame was wider and I naturally carry weight around my bum and thighs (as does she, just not quite as much and she can get away with eating pretty much what she wants when she wants, argg makes you sick doesn't it!!)

Right now I have written an essay, I think I will leave it at that, I still don't really think I came to a point. I am so tried! :blahblah:
xx

I'm 5foot 4 and am just under 10stone and am size 10 bottoms and 12 tops. I too have an hour glass figure, very curvy with big boobs.

I think i look better this size than any other size (bigger or smaller!). I pretty much went down a dress size per stone and was a size 14 at 12 stone.

I don't think you'll want to stop at 14/16 cos it's addictive and very quick seeing yourself shrink!!!

Weirdly I weigh a stone more than you Karen but am the same size :confused: its so strange.
Same height also got a large chest 34 DD.
Its so strange how weight can differ so much!

I'm having the same dilemma as you. I am 5,6 and recently went the docs for a checkup, asked about an ideal weight and she said about 10.2, but I'm not sure I would be able to get to that weight or really what to be that weight its such a dramatic change to what I have been used to. When I started LL I wanted to be a size 14 and not be bothered on how much I weighed. Well got new clothes the other day size 16 and feeling great so with 4 weeks left on Foundation I think I could manage a 14 and I will be happy with that. As long as you reach your OWN goal that should be all that matters.

I'm really glad people like this thread, for me I've never thought oh god I weigh x amount it's always been oh god I'm size 18/20/22!!! So my goal is a dress size not a weight because I have no clue at what weight I was what size!!

I just know I still want to be curvy!!

Helen

Back