weight watchers and slimming pills?

cathy2009

hi everyone i need advice and help, i have been yo yo dieting for years you name it ive tried it. The only one that seems to work for me is weight watchers ive at least 2 and half stone to lose and can not shift it!! i am contemplating asking the doc if they can prescribe me slimming pills, but i believe you have to stick to a low fat diet just wondering if they would work ok along side the ww diet? as i do like the ww desserts etc.
has anyone been prescribed pills from their doctors and to what success? many thanks xx

i have had xenical precribed but the side effects were horrific, because you have to count fat when your on the pills i found the pills made no difference for me, my problem was my eating habits. the pills didnt help me get to the bottom of that.

i know people have had great results with them, they just werent for me. to get them on prescription you need to have a bmi of over 30. to buy the half strength alli over the counter you need to have a bmi of over 28. the dowmside however is as soon as your bmi drops to below 28 you cannot buy them.... even although your still not in a healthy weight range. very strange but they do weigh you before purchasing. hope this helps. good luck. xx

To be honest if youre doing WW then Alli and Xenical arent going to work to any great extent. WW is a naturally low fat diet, so theres a limit to how much fat you can get rid of with pills.

Alli is really expensive, stick to WW and save your money ;)

I have 4 stone to lose, so asked my GP he said no, if I wanted to try then I was to buy Alli - that was the avice of my GP.

Honestly dont touch slimming pills if you do the plan 100% change your mindset forget the dreaded word DIET forget you yoyoed and take past weightloss plans as experience of where to avoid stopping you'll suceed.
Sorry but healthy eating treats in moderation and Exercise is the way to lose weight sounds simple it can be depending seriously how much you want it?
I was a yoyoer Im downsizing my body and have changed my life completely in 7 months.I stick to ww plan but am not anal anymore,I do 4-5 exercise classes a week,I 7 months ago used to eat junk no exercise hardly went out weighed 17st 4 and was a size 24.
I was 13st 10 Friday size 16 lost 33 inches and am the fittest Ive been since school.
Pills may help but side effect arent good and as said eventuallly you'll have to come off them be it low weight or maintance you wont want to take pills for life.
Hope you get on plan and christmas is 11 weeks :) xx

Honestly dont touch slimming pills if you do the plan 100% change your mindset forget the dreaded word DIET forget you yoyoed and take past weightloss plans as experience of where to avoid stopping you'll suceed.
Sorry but healthy eating treats in moderation and Exercise is the way to lose weight sounds simple it can be depending seriously how much you want it?
I was a yoyoer Im downsizing my body and have changed my life completely in 7 months.I stick to ww plan but am not anal anymore,I do 4-5 exercise classes a week,I 7 months ago used to eat junk no exercise hardly went out weighed 17st 4 and was a size 24.
I was 13st 10 Friday size 16 lost 33 inches and am the fittest Ive been since school.
Pills may help but side effect arent good and as said eventuallly you'll have to come off them be it low weight or maintance you wont want to take pills for life.
Hope you get on plan and christmas is 11 weeks :) xx

great advice!!! and the proof is in the pudding as they say...u have done amazing and if thats not enough proof, i dont know what is :)

those slimming pills have some 'unsocialable' side effects too!! x

Back