Weight Watchers and Underactive Thyroid

Vixs

Anyone else suffer from an underactive thyroid?

I assume I am going to have a slow weight loss due to my underactive thyroid.

It can be so frustrating as last week I stuck to my points, did my exercise and stayed the same!!! But I have been told by the doc that the weight will be harder to lose and just have to hang in there.

Anyone been successful in losing weight with an underactive thyroid?

My mum has a very under active thryoid her medication is high. She was 58 lost 4 stones in a year, exercise was walking and dancing so you can loose weight.
4-5lbs s month soon mounts up, you sts I've gained and had 0.5lb losses and it's just our bodies adjusting, as kong as you do plan 100% exercise you should loose x

Hi Vixs

Ive got an underactive thyroid and type 2 diabetes and if I stick to it I have no problem in losing weight. I am also peri menopausal and naturally lazy so have everything stacked against me and although I am losing weight slower than I used to in the past I am still losing.

I have faffed about for the past few months not really trying too hard and just coasting, and I very rarely exercise apart from trotting to the fridge on a regular basis, but I have still lost 50lbs since March.

So it can be done and if I had pulled my finger out I would have lost more than the 50lbs.

Good luck to you

I also have an under active Thyriod. My Dr. said once I got my Thyroid under control my weight would take care of itself, that was about 5years ago and I still find it hard to lose weight.

Back