Weight Watchers Biggest Loser Challenge

Can I just point out that next weeks weigh ins won't be fair in terms of % of weight loss with the people who didn't get to weigh in this week. Their weight next week would be reflective of two weeks weight loss, not just one like the rest of us. There should be a halving penalty or something.

Also well done on everyone's loses :)

Its great to know location..puts some perspective there. Thanks folks...maybe one day when we all reach target, we meet up lol...*

Can I just point out that next weeks weigh ins won't be fair in terms of % of weight loss with the people who didn't get to weigh in this week. Their weight next week would be reflective of two weeks weight loss, not just one like the rest of us. There should be a halving penalty or something.

Also well done on everyone's loses :)
I think penaltys could be disheartening. The weekly winners will be determined by their total weight loss since the start of the challenge because it wouldnt be fair to track 1 week for person and 2 for another! The actual winner at the end of the 12 weeks will be the person who's the biggest total loss over the whole challenge!

Who won this week?

I stayed the same so no loss for me!

Well Done, Nadiya - You're This weeks Biggest Loser, after losing a whopping 2.08%!!
Not only did you get the highest % loss, but you also got the highest loss!
I've updated all the stats and put percentages up - if i got any wrong feel free to correct me! There's a leaderboard up there in order of highest % loss to lowest.

Don't worry if you didnt win - ye all did great! Between us... well - you lot - not me... we lost nearly a stone!!

Well done naydia!

my meeting today; lost 1.5lbs:D
this competition is good, make b good
:gen125:
with this cold weather,..
only I want is eat..

Last edited:
Oh yay - nice surprise coming back to this thread :D woo!!

Bring on next week :D - hope we all get the losses we want xx

I am not sure if % weight loss is fair.
A) If your a bigger person the biggest % weight loss is very hard to get if your competing against someone who has a much smaller weight.
B) If your a fela like me, your healthy weight is a higher % of your weight per height compared to women. So I am at a disadvantage I think.

Just food for thought.

I am not sure if % weight loss is fair.
A) If your a bigger person the biggest % weight loss is very hard to get if your competing against someone who has a much smaller weight.
B) If your a fela like me, your healthy weight is a higher % of your weight per height compared to women. So I am at a disadvantage I think.

Just food for thought.

Hey i do it as the % of our entire weight - not to do with height or anything.
I actually think when it comes to weight loss, the heavier you are the more lbs you lose - as far as i know. Thats why i did %'s instead of lbs. Sorry if you still think its unfair but i prefer to have it as a challenge to lose a decent % of our total weight rather than a race to lose lbs. (Sorry if i sound like a ***** - i really don't mean to!!)

yes.how much heavy people r, more they lose.
when i was 13.12, i lost more than i do now. i have less fat to lose.
is getting harder, close to "gold weight" .

I wasnt suggesting you change anything, it was just food for thought. Generally most people lose 0.5-2lbs a week after a few weeks so larger people might struggle, but your right they should lose more.
Also I have never been near my official BMI goal weight so I wouldnt know what its like!

I think the penalty idea is not a particularly nice one considering that noone knows why a person has not made it to their weigh in that week! Ive had a particularly horrendous couple of weeks with a very close friend rushed into hospital and in intensive care and as I'm sure you can understand getting weighed has not been my priority! Especially considering I was taking her daughter to her swimming lesson at that time! I have however stayed doing the plan for that time despite having very little control of what I was eating! I will be attending weigh in on Monday and will let you know my weight loss for the two weeks-I hope that this is still ok!

Thank you!

Back