Well, here we go again :(

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Many of you will know me from other areas of the forum. I've done every diet under the sun here. I once lost 11.5st on lighterlife. I've lost a few stone here and there doing everything.

As always I've undermined and sabotaged myself, so when I weigh in to start tomorrow, I'll be back somewhere around 19st, give or take a couple of pounds. I want to get back down to close to 14st. I know I'll never maintain at 12st and don't want to put that pressure on.

haven't done SW since 2008, but this time my wife is going to do it with me (she has little to lose but we both want to eat healthily and I think that it will help a lot).

away to go digging around the forum to find out what syns we should have and what's changed in the last few years!

hope all are well.

Good luck - I think theres probably been a lot of changes since 2008

Are you going to a class?

The plans are changing again within the next 4 weeks I think front w/c 22nd December so it might be worth waiting till then and going to class once to get the new new books

Hi folks,

Doing it without the classes I'm afraid. I'd like to, but we've just had a baby so I can't justify/afford the cost or the time away from (I work quite long hours at times, and my wife needs a break when I get in).

will consider trying the classes after Xmas if the new plan sounds good.

Gone well today. Stayed nicely on plan and have leftovers from tea for a points free(ish) lunch tomorrow.

I like your sig quote, Jeanette. It's a good way of looking at it. I hate dieting and I hate being obese. So if I'm going to hate something might as well be the one that has a possible end in sight (in terms of a maintenance), rather than the permanent misery of being my weight.

I like your sig quote, Jeanette. It's a good way of looking at it. I hate dieting and I hate being obese. So if I'm going to hate something might as well be the one that has a possible end in sight (in terms of a maintenance), rather than the permanent misery of being my weight.

I stole it off someone else on here!

It would even be worth you joining and going for the new member talk, getting the books etc - you dont need to go back if it doesnt fit in with your life at the mo. Theres often offers on joining fees so may only cost a tenner. Then at least you have the most up to date info

Good luck ..i am a yoyo dieter too....but little steps one meal and one day at at time....and congrats to you both on the new baba!!!

Thanks folks, its going really well. Today is day 4, so I'll have a cheeky check on my weight tomorrow but I definitely feel a difference. My wife has lost 4lbs so far (and she has only a stone left to lose).

finding it easy to stick to eating loads of veg and fruit. I'm not 100% there as I don't make sure my plate is 33/33/33 ((it's normally 50% veg, 30% lean meat and 20% carbs. We are doing extra easy but I'm happy not to fiddle on with making sure it's a third of each. We've had about 10 diff types of veg in 3 days.

I'll start a diary three at some point soon.

Subbing.

Wish you lots of luck SV!! And congrats on the new arrival!! You'll have way more energy for your new bundle if happiness when eating all this nutritious healthy food!!

I have also in the last month managed to beat my 30+ year diet cola addiction. I've gone from drinking 4litres a day to almost never having any. I've substituted for a combination of squash, other pop, and water. I'm starting to feel like I sleep easier (although a 5 week old wakes me up every night!).

thanks Ali :)

Well done on ditching the fizzy drinks....always a good move...and good luck with some sleep

Great on ditching the fizzy drinks - your bones will thank you for it!!

You're doing great on EE - it shoud be at least a third superfree so you're doing even better than that!!!

Back