Well, I'm making the change...

LincsBren

Silver Member
I went to see a Cambridge Diet consultant tonight and have decided to swap from Lipotrim TFR to CD 'sole source'. The reasons for changing were:
- No fuel costs (under 4 miles away, at a place I drive past daily) vs a 50 mile round trip
- Flexible appoinments vs only being able to go on a Saturday due to pharmacy opening hours clashing with my working hours
- More personal service vs having to queue up in the pharmacy and explain in front of other people why you're there
- Much more structured re-feed programme and ongoing support indefinitely
- Huge variety of flavours / choices ie 27 instead of LT's 7!

Disadvantages are the cost - it will cost me £5-6 more per week for the actual plan, but then I'll be saving exactly that in fuel, so won't be better or worse off financially.

I am a bit scared about swapping - I do get on well with LT and have had good results so far, but I am also getting sick of it and I am feeling really positive and excited about trying new flavours. I've managed nearly 7 weeks now on basically 3 flavoured shakes (couple of soups and flapjacks but not keen really) but genuinely think I would struggle and eventually quit LT if I tried to stick out the remaining 9 weeks I have to go, whereas I am looking forward to trying 2 porridges, 7 shakes, 4 soups, and all 6 bars.

However, I can't really bare to leave this bit of the forum so I hope you'll let me stay! I also plan on keeping my LT diary and weigh in here - I started at the same time as so many people here that I don't want to jump ship!

It's good you have something that will suit you better. Once you get the results you want, that's the main thing. Won't be long till you get to goal.

Oh i cant wait to hear how u get on!!!! I hope you'll still post on here and keep us updated!!!! U must b so excited about the flavours!!! I only eat strwberry, vanilla and chocolate so i cant wait to hear all about them!!! Best of luck with your new venture!! Xx

I'm not 'officially' starting until next Monda (27th) as I felt I owed it to my LT pharmacist to go in as usual on Saturday and explain, and I'm not driving all that way without buying a week's supply so will end up doing 8 weeks LT and hopefully 8 weeks CD (plus refeed).

However, I did buy a few flavours to try now, and couldn't resist trying the apple and cinnamon porridge this morning. Oh my GOD it is delicious!! I hope they're all this yummy!

Good luck with CD Bren, not that you're going to need it. It's really good that you've decided to swap to something to keep your excellent weight loss going. If you're not happy with a diet, you're just not going to stick with it so good for you for making the decision to change. I bet you will do fantastic on it!

Sounds like a good choice Bren. I would've thought that eating actual foodstuffs like porridge will also make the diet a bit more palatable and also perhaps it will be easier to ease yourself back into 'proper' food and make some new, sensible, food habits.......like acquiring a taste for porridge for breakfast! TBH I have porridge (Quacker microwave stuff) every day when I'm not on this, even in the middle of Summer.

Keep us posted as to how you get on, I, for one, am extremely anxious about life after LT and really want this to be the LAST time that I have to diet......REALLY!

good luck with it! it sounds great having more choice, i might even consider the cambridge myself if i get bored after a few weeks! can`t wait to see your losses xxxx

Hi Bren,
I'm certain that you're making the right changes for yourself and please make sure you keep us posted oh and just another question when on the Cambridge Plan do they come to your home?

ps I have to tell you i was forced to go and buy myself a pair casual trouser's on monday gone which are two sizes smaller 20:D. The only bummer is they are now loose and with them on i look as though ive a saggy bottom

Sounds like a good plan Bren , I love porridge ! good luck huni xx

I love porridge too - I usually have it for breakfast when not on LT / CD anyway, so it suits me really well. Chiku, they can come to your house (my consultant charges £2.50 to deliver your products and/or visit you at home; less if you're on her doorstep like I am) but I choose to go to her house at the moment.

Good for you Bren and good luck with it. I would love more choice of foods like porridge and soups, more like normal eating. Of course you can stay. Is Cleo doing cd with you or staying with lt? xx

I think she's still thinking about it but will probably change - like me, she's struggling a little with the lack of choice, but CD is more expensive (and LT isn't exactly dirt cheap is it!!)

Quite sad in a way that tomorrow will be my last LT weigh in - the lady we've usually seen has been so lovely.

Good luck Bren - sounds like the sensible thing to do. I hope it goes really well for you. :)

Back