Well Need Advice Please!!

lilscottishlady

Hey folks!!

As you all know I am loving the diet but i have a major dilema!!! HUGE dilema!!!

On the 7th I have a date with this guy i realllly like and by then i am possibly going to loose another stone but...he wants to take me for a meal and a couple of drinks..i said to my llc that i may go out for a couple and have a little to eat, as its the start of my last month of foundation so it can't do HUGE amounts of harm..but she said having a drink could potentially be FATAL!!!! what do i do!! i was just going to have a chicken salad or salmon and possibly not eat it all anyway!!! and the alcohol!! is it fatal!!!

HELP!!!

Thanks

xxxxx

I think fatal is a bit of an exaggeration!
Alcohol doesn't actually knock you out of ketosis, but the body uses the energy from the alcohol in preference to the energy in your fat reserves.
The problem with alcohol is it erodes your self control and will power and makes you more likely to eat.
Speaking as a lapser I would suggest you make an excuse not to drink (driving?). stick to protein and leaves if possible, or if you are really good make an excuse not to eat at all.
Make a joke about it, or suggest you do something that doesn't involve food, cinema, bowling...
After all, if this relationship takes off he will find out all about LL at some point!

I'm with Little Blue on this - can you do something that doesn't involve food or drink? Would be really sad to perhaps lose your focus on the diet because of one night, especially as you're doing so very well.

Cath

hmmmm you see hes booked the meal! and i don't want to tell him about lighterlife just yet...arghhh what to do!!!
I have txt him today saying that could we not go straight to pub and im thinking of telling him im on tablets that i cant drink on! but thats lieing to him gawd i hate this lol when i was three stone heavier guys wouldn't show and interest and i wouldn't have this fecking problem!

Hey
I'm aware of someone in this exact situation and as she hasn't told the guy she's just started seeing she's abstaining, is pretty much eating and drinking more than twice a week just now. And this has been going on for 3 weeks, and she really likes him and she's got no intention of telling him what she's doing.
Yikes!!
So, lilscottish one - I think there are 2 things to think about;
- what if you really don't want to see him again and you eat/drink and struggle to get back on track?
- what if you really do want to see him again, I totally understand why you wouldn't want to tell him what you're doing (there are plenty of people that I've not told), so the question is then when would you tell him? After 2or 3 times of ending up eating and drinking?

So i think it's time to get devious!! If you've already asked him to cancel the restaurant, it might be a bit tricky to find another 'excuse' to ask him to cancel it again. How about getting 'stuck' somewhere on the day with a last minute phone call to say you're going to have to meet him in the pub later...work emergency? Family drama? Much more authentic if you cancel that bit of the evening at the last minute.
Or (I've done this with great success!), order something, when it arrives chop it up push it around the plate, keep raising the fork to your mouth, and most importantly keep asking him questions!! It's a great distraction technique and I can guarantee your plate will look like you've eaten most of dinner and he won't have noticed a thing.
Mwa...mwa...mwaaaaah (she says in 'baddie' style voice :D)

From a guys point of view it wouldn't bother me at all if you drank or didn't drink on a date! My advice would be to be dead honest and up front and explain the situation, if you are going to possibly be with this guy in the medium / long term then starting the relationship by being honest seems the best way forward.

Why not go bowling with him? or to the cinema? or some other situation that doesn't involve food.

If you do want to eat then I would go for chicken and other protein based meals but I would strongly recommend you don't drink as it is a total no no when on a VLCD such as LighterLife.

Mike

Hey Mike
Just wanted to ask you, your 'alcohol is an absolute no-no on a VLCD diet like LL' comment.
I absolutely know it would be a downfall for me and haven't touched a drop! :D But I was really shocked when someone in my developers group admitted that she had drank every week in Foundation and it hadn't seemed to effect her losses at all!
What do you think?
:D

Excellent advce from icemoose me thinks! Just be honest with him! In my book if someone is so judgemental that they wont even "hear" about what/why you are doing the diet then would you want to be with him anyway! I totally understand the nerves (I'd be cacking myself!) but do think that you need to start the date from a place of honesty. You also need to consider how you may physically react to food having not eaten for a while...
Personally I wouldnt eat. Everyone knows I'm doing LL and I'm proud of myself and anyone I would want to date would have to respect that & if they didnt then it woule be a sianara from me! My advice is dont jeapordise your journey for ANYONE, no matter how hot! So many people have "tasted" food again and gone on to either give up the diet compleatly or really struggle to get back on track. IS it really worth the risk? Hope you resolve this and at the end of the day it is your decision! Big hugs; let us know what you decide and more importantly how the date goes!!! (very scary/exciting for you!!)

Back