Well the toffe bar is erm

futureyummymummy

Silver Member
interesting lol. Not loving it here!

Emma xXx

Ok I just can't force it down I've eaten about half and I feel really sick now. Do you have to finish them or is it ok to miss a little bit?

First thing I haven't liked on this lol.

Emma xXx

Have you tried making it into biscuits?
Some people prefer them.

I'm with you they are yuk unless you make them into biscuits

have you tried throwing it directly in the bin ? the first time i tried one i ate less than half then threw it in the bin , they are awful :(

I tried my first one in the car, I think I managed about a quarter of it and it went straight out the window. EUGH!

I'm with u all on this one, Yuk with a capital Y!! I tried one in my first week, and coz I didn't know any better and thought the whole diet would go to pot if I missed even a bit of a foodpack, I forced it down despite gagging with every mouthful... got hubby to try it, he thought it was fine!! Typical lol!!
Only bars I like are cranberry & raspberry!

They don't actually taste anything like toffee do they!? I think it a, erm, "acquired taste"!!
Also, the lemon ones aren't too much better and TBH, if you blindfolded me and asked me to taste both, I doubt I could tell the difference!
Peanut bar is the only one I have now!

B x

WAIT!! Do not discount the toffee bars until you try them as biscuits...

Seriously - I went through the whole gag thing until I did this...

Cut each bar into about 5/6 equal pieces and spread out on a plate and microwave for 50 seconds (my microwave is 850w)... they are delicous - little hot, chewy treats... mmmmmmm....

The lemon ones and fruit ones don't taste better despite doing this (in my opinion)... but the toffee ones definitely get better with a bit of nuking!!!

A xx

Yeah might try that then :), they can't get any worse can they lol.

Emma xXx

They don't actually taste anything like toffee do they!? I think it a, erm, "acquired taste"!!
Also, the lemon ones aren't too much better and TBH, if you blindfolded me and asked me to taste both, I doubt I could tell the difference!
Peanut bar is the only one I have now!

B x

I think someone could well have thrown some possible flavours into a hat and picked out which one went with which bar. Tried 'toffee' and 'fruit' in the first week but never went back. Only ones I like are peanut or cranberry and raspberry (my favourite!)

I'm with you all! Yeuck, yeuck, yeuck. I took two bites and then almost binned it and my OH finished it off!! He said it was okay, I, on the other hand, thought it tasted like I was chewing an ashtray. I swear it tastes of cigarette stumps!!! Bleurggh!!

I, on the other hand, thought it tasted like I was chewing an ashtray. I swear it tastes of cigarette stumps!!! Bleurggh!!

mmmm.... cigarette flavoured bars... :drool:
LOL!!

This is a very interesting + informative thread as I am about to get the option of the bars for the first time tonight! (Our LL counsellor chooses not to offer the bars during the first week at all.)

I was looking forward to more options + flavours + now you are all telling me that half the bars are revolting !!!

I've already had to abandon the shakes -- I don't know what it is about shakes, whether it is just the milky taste or what -- but I can't stand them.

Therefore, at the moment I am on 4 soups a day ...... which is getting boring.

I was looking forward to some variety of bars !!!

Awww Strictly Shaz - it may seem limited - but you'll be surprised how your tastes change as you get further into the programme... try some of the shakes again in a couple of weeks, it is really odd how things change. I HATED the choc and loved vanilla, now it has reversed and the vanilla makes me gag. As for the bars... Peanut and Raspberry and Cranberry are both big faves amongst most people - and toffee is a bit contraversial. It is revolting 'cold', but I find shoving it chopped up in the microwave makes it YUMMY! Some people also chop up the peanut one and bake in the oven for a bit - but not tried that myself.

Remember you are only allowed one bar per day - hope you are able to stomach a shake or two further down the line :) xx

Back