wendie diet

The Wendie Plan, it was something that used to go alongside the old style points, I dunno if it was official, endorsed, or what.

Old points you had a set allowance, say 20 a day, and no weekly fund, and the Wendie Plan was set up so you had more points one day, less another.... so you had say, 16, 24, 18, 20, 17,... well I dunno numbers, but it balanced out over the week you'd have the same as if you had your 20 each day...

I'm sure there'll be more accurate information if you search the forum but that's the rough idea.

I don't know how, or if, it would work with ProPoints.

:)

Last edited:
The Wendy Plan, it was something that used to go alongside the old style points, I dunno if it was official, endorsed, or what.

:)

It wasnt, it was made up by someone called Wendie

It doesn't sound all that sensible...

I'm not so sure (although obviously I'm not an expert). It's probably more likely to mimic actual eating patterns where you do consume different levels of energy over the course of a week. Its essentially what a lot of people do with their weeklies - spread them throughout the week so they're not eating the same calorific value each day. I found that when my energy intake became stagnant was when I started to plateau. When I started to shake things up by having a day of adding weeklies then a day of only 29 points I started to lose again...

I did the wendie when on discovery and it did seem to boost my losses....the theory was higher point days would boost your metabolism then it would still be raised for the following lower pointed day, tricking your body into burning cals quicker....

Thanks Jen hun been looking for this :D think I may do it this week as it normally works wonders for me :D xxx

Google calorie zig zag, its the same basic premise, but instead of zig zagging your daily calories you do it with your PP instead. One way to work it out is to total all your PP for the week including WP and set your self a certain limit per day therefore your body will never get used to a set amount of calories, which it would when working to a calorie controlled daily level. The body becomes more efficient as it starts to expect a certain amount of fuel based on what has happened previously in the last few days. It can only take a couple of days for your body to get used to this so different amounts keep it "shaken up" Read below for the more scientific explanation :D
e.g

(29PP x 7)+49 = 252 PP per week total

Day
1 = 35, 2 = 47, 3 = 29, 4 = 30, 5 = 38, 6 = 29, 7 = 44 total = 252PP

Taken from Calorie calculator site :-

"Over time our bodies adapt to the lowered calorie level. Our body becomes more efficient at using energy (lowered metabolism), and therefore burns less fat. This is why most of us reach a weight loss plateau. At this point, the only option is to boost metabolism; increased cardio, weight training, 'cheat' meals (i.e. occasional high-calorie meals), cycling (or zig-zagging) calories, and even manipulating macro-nutrient ratios can all help to do this (don't forget adequate sleep and hydration). You often find that the nearer you get to your goal weight (or body fat percentage) - the harder things get!
Continually dropping calories only serves to lower metabolism even further - the moment you return to 'normal' eating - the weight comes back on." => i.e starvation mode where it stores as much as it can because it doesn't know when next the food supply will be plentiful.

Hope this helps

Only thing I would point out is once you work out your low and high days always have your very high day at least 3 days before wi and have your lowest pointed day the day before wi otherwise the higher day will stay in your system resulting to a gain through food weight etc

Back