Wetherspoons superfood salad

I know that there have been loads of threads here about Wetherspoons but to be honest I have never bothered to read many of them because I never expected to go there. Now it turns out that the pub our history group is going to next week is a Wetherspoons, so I have some catching up to do!

Their website is very good about giving calorie values, so it is fairly clear what to avoid. What I would like to know from all you Wetherspoons regulars, is - is the superfood salad nice? I was thinking of having it with either chicken or salmon. I always have dressing on the side anyway, as I hate to have my food swamped and like to add just a little bit. It looks lovely on the website, but I would like to know what you think.

It comes with balsamic dressing, if you bring a salad light spray balsamic with you in your handbag you can have it all syn free, just leave the dressing they give you or ask for it without.

You can also have sweet chilli noodles, last time I went I had noodles, chicken, and salad, lots of food and very few syns used for a meal out. out syns used up

I'm afraid it's not syn free but 2 syns if you have it without the dressing. Have it with the dressing and it's a whopping 11½ syns

Superfood Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, per serving 11½
Superfood Salad with Chicken & Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, per serving 11½
Superfood Salad with Salmon & Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, per serving 8
Superfood Salad without Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, per serving 2

I might have a drizzle of the dressing, but not all of it - I don't really like salad dressings anyway, they make everything far too wet.

But if having it with the salmon, even including the dressing, is only 8 syns, that will be fine. I am saving all my syns for that day for the lunch. Thanks very much for that information, Patchwork Puss

(And there is no way I am going to sit in a restaurant with a crowd of people and spray my food!)

Well, I went to Wetherspoons today. I hadn't realised but the meal was being paid for and there was a specific menu to choose from - the salad wasn't on it. So I had salmon fillet with jacket potato and salad.

The sauce for the salmon and the dressing for the salad were both served separately and there was no butter on the potato, although plenty was available if wanted. It was fine, good value, but nothing special, and I probably won't go there again.

I went to the wetherspoons today and had the sweet chilli noodles without chicken. Can highly recommend it and at 1 syn a serving you can't go wrong (on ee). Glad I didn't have it with chicken though as on the web site it comes out at 10 syns

Yes the sweet chilli noodles without chicken are 1 syn on EE and green. I had them for lunch the other week and there was too much chilli for my taste even though I like spicy food :(

Good thing I had a large glass of iced water !

I have to admit I normally add mayo to calm it down so probably have to do the same with plenty of cold water. Thank you though as I often go to meet my partner at lunch there and chips end up being too tempting! X

I don't think so? Well not at the one I go too. Chips are never healthy unless they are slimming world ones lol I try swop them for Jacket potatoes x

Is this def right considering the salad with the dressing is more then when you add Salmon? Also where do the syns come from seeing as its all raw veg, would it be the pomegrante seeds?

Superfood Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, per serving 11½
Superfood Salad with Chicken & Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, per serving 11½
Superfood Salad with Salmon & Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, per serving 8
Superfood Salad without Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, per serving 2

xx

I am going out here on Sat and looking at the menu thay have a new Superfood Wholewheat Pesto Pasta

Wholewheat Pasta, nut free pesto, mixed peppers, cherry tomatoes; butternut squash; soya beans; broccoli; sugar snap peas; red onion & sun-dried tomatoes. I will be having this with chicken. I would assume pretty much the same as the other superfood salad (2syns) but would need to syn the pesto and sun-dried tomatoes on top of this? I would be having the chicken as 2 Hex B's (Green Day).

Has anyone had this? Even better no the syns? It is not on the SW webpage.

Thanks you much :thankyou:

PS wjat does butternut squash & soya beans taste like? :confused:

Back