What a GREAT day!!!! **Pic added!

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
I spent the day with SB today, and she took me to some ofher favourtie haunts (i.e. superb charity shops!)

Boy was it F-U-N!!!!! THere is nothing better then a bit of retial therapy, and as luck has it, the sun was shining on us all day - much to our surprise considering the horrible weather yesterday!

We both got loads of beautiful clothes. I hadn't been shopping much since I was made redundant and during all the uncertainty. Today, I made up for it. Bags full!!! hehe - like a shark in a feeding tank, I was in a fantastically fun frenzy!

And as I so often do - found another Karen Millen, a black skirt this time, for 4 or 5 pounds! Love that!

It was really good retail therapy, as after my recent blip which put my head in a tail spin, it was reassuring to put on clothes, ranging from size 10! a US size 8!!!! Don;t think I have been in one of those since I was 8!!!! LOL It made me realise, my head has been playing serious games with my mind and my reflection in the mirror. I am still OK. phew! :D hehe

SB got some beautiful things and looked stunning. She's only little that one - teeny little thing, and she looked stunning in some beautiful dresses!

It was a great day spent with her, getting to know her better, and we learned a lot about each other - was brilliant. Sympatico baby!

Ended the afternoon at hers over a delicious bowl of her homemade soup with her DH - who loved all of our finds... it was just a super day.

I hope everyone else had as good a day as we did. Days like this are what we work for - it was really fun.

Can't wait to do it again!!

I love shopping!!! :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

THANKS SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) XXX

Sounds fantastic! Glad you had a great day. :D Some retail therapy is always nice to have, not only for the warderobe - but also for that bit of self-worth and self-confidence boost! I bet you can't wait to wear all your lovely new treasures and show them off!

Both you and SB need to strut some stuff and show off some pictures! If you took any!

Sounds lovely.

You can't beat a bit of retail therapy with a good friend :D

its so nice you know each other!
get some pics of your new bargains on soon
daisy x

So right Daisy

LL has brought me a good friend in BL.
We already got on well, but having that time together yesterday made us realise why, even more.
And we raided the charity shops without fighting over the same things - there was plenty for both of us. I think the Charity shops income was boosted. The lady in the first one we hit said to BL
"You are welcome back, anytime!"
I think we livened up their day. and it was FUN. When we were big neither of us enjoyed shopping. BL did it online. I did it through catalogues or a quick trip to Evans, never ever ever tried anyting on in public let alone go shopping with someone and show them what it looked like.........................!!!!
I'll let you into a little secret - I bought some size 10 leather jeans £4......MOI!!!!
It's her fault. xxxxx

Glad you both had a great day and the sun shone upon you both.Sounds like your charity shops are superior to most-leather trousers and Karen Millen!! Its great to have a friend you really click with and even more so when you've experienced similar things xx

When we were big neither of us enjoyed shopping. BL did it online. I did it through catalogues or a quick trip to Evans, never ever ever tried anyting on in public let alone go shopping with someone and show them what it looked like.........................!!!!

Ugh I know the feeling... I used to hate clothes shopping too because I'd always come home in tears because nothing fit, or looked awful. Then the dreaded 'online' things arrived and looked like tents on me... I guess I need to harbour and remember those feelings of shame not to ever let it happen again...!

Well done you two - LL has given you both a sense of freedom back, a new found enjoyment, and especially a new and strong friendship which I know you'll both cherish for life. You guys are really quite inspirational!

:)

Ooh, I want to play with you two! You know it already, but you are really lucky to have each other to share good times with. I've met a lovely friend through LL - we are very different but are planning on meeting up weekly and possibly joining a gym - it's great to have someone else who knows what it's all about and who understands the issues around food that we all seem to experience.

What a lovely thread - makes me all warm and fuzzy and I need to see pics too! SB I wanna see those leather jeans!! And BL, Karen Millen skirt shot please??

i think you def have a better quality of charity shops than the ones round here!

think i might have to drive to the posh part of town next week and check out the shops there - see if i can pick up a karen m or two!

daisy x

i think you def have a better quality of charity shops than the ones round here!

think i might have to drive to the posh part of town next week and check out the shops there - see if i can pick up a karen m or two!

daisy x
'
Go for it girl! :)

I have been so lucky, in charity shops I have found a KM Jumper for 3 quid, the red jacket in my sig phot is a KM for 5 quid, the skirt yesterday for 6 quid....and on ebay 2 paids of KM jeans for less the 12 quid! Love it! :D

pineapples?! you are def losing it lady;)
very summery!

keep them coming, i love seeing piccies

daisy x

Love the jacket

So glad you decided to get it.:)

Back