What a long day its been

£45k seems a lot to write by Friday, what sort of finance are you in? Isn't it a bit down at the moment with the 'credit crunch' or has that not affected the business you're in?

I work for a Bank based in Isle of Man where we lend money to solicitors to run their client's claims. I am not based in IOM, I work from home. Lucky for me I don't have to underwrite anything (I'm rubbish at selling anything), I go in and audit sols files, tho' not so much now as the dept is in run off, so basically for now I just fall out of bed most days and trot to the next bedroom, which is my office and work in my jammies - not a pretty sight. So glad that webcams are not universal yet or I would be stuffed!

£45k seems a lot to write by Friday, what sort of finance are you in? Isn't it a bit down at the moment with the 'credit crunch' or has that not affected the business you're in?

I work for a Bank based in Isle of Man where we lend money to solicitors to run their client's claims. I am not based in IOM, I work from home. Lucky for me I don't have to underwrite anything (I'm rubbish at selling anything), I go in and audit sols files, tho' not so much now as the dept is in run off, so basically for now I just fall out of bed most days and trot to the next bedroom, which is my office and work in my jammies - not a pretty sight. So glad that webcams are not universal yet or I would be stuffed!

i work for a sub prime lender the targetrs have been reduced for this q thats why they want it done by fri really got till month end next fri No pressure !!!

Oooo Hun!!

Just read your thread from beginning to end! Firstly what an inspiration you are with your posts, ideas and comments! Secondly...Wow!!! the weight is literally sliding off you and even if you dont feel that you havent changed shape or dont feel lighter that will come believe me! One day you will suddenly wake up and think blimey where did I go?!
Thirdly, your Boss is a spanner (in the nicest terms!)...a little sympathy wouldnt go a miss and by the sounds of it neither would a course in management (they teach you how to look after your employees!). Last and by no means least......get better soon. Take any medication that you need to regardless of being on any weightloss plan...it will come off the week after. Stick to plain foods and it will clear the bug out of your system before you know it...just remember to have lots of fluids too.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xxx

We used to use IOMA many a moon ago.is that who you audit for?

small world hey!

drinking lemonade and thinking of having noodles or pasta packet later dont fancy anything yet going back 2 bed in a bit !

Hi Mrs Edz

No I work for Conister Trust, but my boss at the moment is ex IOMA. Who do you work for?? Is it a similar type of business? It is a very small world indeed when you get talking to people, especially in the business I work in - very incestuous I find. I remember being at one firm of sols and saying something about another firm at the other end of the country and it turned out the person I was talking to had worked with the other person at other end of country - nearly a whoops. I try to be very careful about what I say now - just in case.

Hi Mrs Edz

No I work for Conister Trust, but my boss at the moment is ex IOMA. Who do you work for?? Is it a similar type of business? It is a very small world indeed when you get talking to people, especially in the business I work in - very incestuous I find. I remember being at one firm of sols and saying something about another firm at the other end of the country and it turned out the person I was talking to had worked with the other person at other end of country - nearly a whoops. I try to be very careful about what I say now - just in case.

LOL.. know what you mean. We ran a claims company for many years, one of the first I think to get funding direct (long before Claims Direct came along and damaged everyone's reputation!). No longer in the business but worked with quite a few sol firms all over the UK. Can't say I miss them terribly!

ive just phoned in sick and got a b******** from m,y boss !!! he told me to go to the doctors and he wants to know what they say tummy bug fffs !!!!! wot they gonna do !!! im fuming !!!!!

Oh my word.. just after I posted earlier my boss's deputy rang and said they want a docs certificate as I have been off for a week.. no how are you ? will you be back soon? etc etc.. so I rang the docs and they are signing me off for a week!! I also rang my Occ health department who were fab and told me not to feel pressured to go back to work if I am not up to it and to stop worrying and get better.. more advice tomorrow as they getting the duty nurse to call me as I had asked for short shifts as I feel exhausted and not up to 12 hour shift. I work as a nursing assistant so very physical.
Bosses PAH :mad:(mine even got her lacky to do her dirty work!!!!)

at least you all get time off when your ill! im self employed so if i dont work i dont get paid its pants, anyways speedy recovery to the both of you

LOL.. know what you mean. We ran a claims company for many years, one of the first I think to get funding direct (long before Claims Direct came along and damaged everyone's reputation!). No longer in the business but worked with quite a few sol firms all over the UK. Can't say I miss them terribly!

I wouldn't miss it much either, except that I can't afford to retire yet. Second time round married for both me and hubby and we both came out of last marriages skint!! :mad: I like the working from home bit though and the variety of not working in one place all the time when I am out and about. I started life at TAG (for my sins, what an absolute debacle that was - yeh, I was sacked by text too along with the others, tho' I did get kept on for the run off).

What always surprises me about sols is that they have the money from you, run a c**p claim and then don't want to pay you back when it goes down the toilet. Prior to this I did mainly believe that sols firms had integrity - I had worked for 10+ years in sols offices, but must have been lucky in the firms I worked for who did all have impeccable integrity.

What do you do now then if you don't work in claims? Anything interesting?

Hi Mrs Edz

I remember being at one firm of sols and saying something about another firm at the other end of the country and it turned out the person I was talking to had worked with the other person at other end of country - nearly a whoops. I try to be very careful about what I say now - just in case.

this happened to me a few months ago. we use agency staff to cover shifts when people are off sick/hols/etc. one day as i was doing a handover to the new worker (who'd never been to my hostel before) me and the other person i had been on shift with started reminiscing over how crazy this other agency worker was, who hadn't worked for us for at least 2 years. we were saying she's this, that and the other. she was butch and dressed like a bloke - wearing football tops to work. and the other worker said she stalked him and was a PSYCHOPATH!!!

....it only turned out to be her DAD!!!!!!!
he just sat there, listening and didn't say a word. the other worker found out this via his daughter on facebook!!!

what kind of a dad sits there and listens to that about their own child? ...unless he knew she was bonkers! lol

well feeling a bit better just really tired ! also been for flu jab so that wont help in the next few days phoned work and left mess on boss aphone as he wasnt answering !! telling him i will be back tomorrow gonna make some tomato soup
now & see how i go on that!

Fab - glad ya feeling a tad better huni

Enjoy ya soup! x

this happened to me a few months ago. we use agency staff to cover shifts when people are off sick/hols/etc. one day as i was doing a handover to the new worker (who'd never been to my hostel before) me and the other person i had been on shift with started reminiscing over how crazy this other agency worker was, who hadn't worked for us for at least 2 years. we were saying she's this, that and the other. she was butch and dressed like a bloke - wearing football tops to work. and the other worker said she stalked him and was a PSYCHOPATH!!!

....it only turned out to be her DAD!!!!!!!
he just sat there, listening and didn't say a word. the other worker found out this via his daughter on facebook!!!

what kind of a dad sits there and listens to that about their own child? ...unless he knew she was bonkers! lol

That made me laugh. It does sort of make you squirm a bit when you do that sort of thing doesn't it. How embarrassed would you have been if he had stood up and said 'oi, shut it I'm her dad':giggle:

well soup was yuk !!

going back to work today and not looking forward to it if i had a considerate boss prob would have had week off but undr pressure !! Also weigh in tonite and not looking forward to that either as TOTM has sprung on me this morning grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That made me laugh. It does sort of make you squirm a bit when you do that sort of thing doesn't it. How embarrassed would you have been if he had stood up and said 'oi, shut it I'm her dad':giggle:

i think i'd rather he did!!! we were waiting a few weeks to see if he made a complaint. lucky for us he didn't....still can't believe it happened! lol

well off to get weighed in a mo well hardly eaten today infact only had a sausage this morning free food mind had such a crap day not felt like anything f******* starving now !!!!!

good luck n thats bn my mood today!! lol

1/2lb this week glad its off rather than on !!!!

Back