What a rollercoaster day!!

Caz

Repeat Offender
Well my day has been mad, rather up and down. I woke up this morning feeling crap about myself. Then I went to go get dressed and couldn't really find anything that I liked and that still fits. And I thought I'd try on one of my tops which I bought in a size 18 from Primark a little while ago. I bought a few bits in a size 18 when I was in there as I guess I set it as a kind of mini goal.

Anyway, I figured that I'd try it on to see how far away I am from it but it fit! Fit perfectly! Another 18 from there fit but maybe slightly tight so not quite 18 on top yet. But that made me feel pretty good!

Then I was going out with my parents and one of my sisters this afternoon, just got home. But anyway, while out my mum decided she was hungry so they decided to go to the chip shop. They drove over to this amazing chip shop which is a fair distance away because they do these chips in a coating. I'd already decided that I wasn't going to eat any, no matter what. But we got there and it was closed, I couldn't help but smile smugly! Though we came to near home and they got chips and we went and sat by the river. So if it wasn't bad enough having to sit there while they ate chips which looked and smelt so good, they then got an ice cream from the ice cream van afterwards!! And to make it all worse, I'd got a bar out and meant to take it with me but forgot it, so I was starving! Only had half a shake so far today.

Have realised that I can't make my appointment with my CDC on thursday morning as I won't be back from London but she can't see me before hand so had an issue there. But have decided that as I have 4 packs a day anyway there's very little difference between that and SS+ for me.

I'm just exhausted now!! But soon I'm going over to my sisters where there'll no doubt be more temptation. While I'm proud of resisting I still feel kinda... blah. But never mind! Onwards and upwards, I'll snap myself out of it. Just glad I don't have to feel bad about eating chips and ice cream too!

Oh my, well done you for resisting chips! Just the thought of them now gets my mouth watering, and I'm not even hungry- just had soup! And getting into your top- that's really motivating, I bet. I have some trousers that I keep trying on and I can almost do them up^^
At the minute I'm desperately hoping to get into my wetsuit more comfortably for a camping trip at the school where I teach. Don't fancy struggling with that and having to get a couple of kids to pull me in!!

As for being tempted at your sister's, just think of what you did today- if you can do it with chips, well then, the rest is easy!

Wow, you maintained your resolve really well all day, well done.Best wishes for keeping it up for this evenings visit. I have been trying on clothes today too, some I am nearly into...some still a long way to go. Anyway, like you say onward and upward, my day has been a bit blah too. Best wishes.

Phew! What a day! Well done though for resisting the chips and ice cream though. I've just resisted another BBQ which has brought my total BBQ's this year to a grand total of zero.

Know what you mean about the clothes too. It's so annoying not having anything to wear. At the moment I have 1 dress that I can wear as the others are too big or too small. I'm stuck in the tracksuit bottoms phase when I'm at home at the moment. Doesn't really make you feel good about the weight thats been lost when it's hidden in baggy trackies and fugly clothes!

I did feel quite good about myself today for all of about half an hour, but didn't last long! Just because I was wearing my new smaller top and new jewellery and shoes, always a confidence boost!

Phew! What a day! Well done though for resisting the chips and ice cream though. I've just resisted another BBQ which has brought my total BBQ's this year to a grand total of zero.

Know what you mean about the clothes too. It's so annoying not having anything to wear. At the moment I have 1 dress that I can wear as the others are too big or too small. I'm stuck in the tracksuit bottoms phase when I'm at home at the moment. Doesn't really make you feel good about the weight thats been lost when it's hidden in baggy trackies and fugly clothes!

I'm stuck in a tracksuit pants phase too. I normally live in jeans but only have one pair that fits (and then I had to put another notch on my belt to fasten them up) It'll be a while before I lose enough to go down a size, cause I'm losing it all off my tummy and nothing off my thighs. I guess a few weeks living primarily in my 'scruffs' will be worth it in the end!

Well done on resisting the chips and ice cream Caroline. Fish and chip shop chips are, to quote my 4 year old, my "mostest faverites in the hole wurld"

Well my day has been mad, rather up and down. I woke up this morning feeling crap about myself. Then I went to go get dressed and couldn't really find anything that I liked and that still fits. And I thought I'd try on one of my tops which I bought in a size 18 from Primark a little while ago. I bought a few bits in a size 18 when I was in there as I guess I set it as a kind of mini goal.

Anyway, I figured that I'd try it on to see how far away I am from it but it fit! Fit perfectly! Another 18 from there fit but maybe slightly tight so not quite 18 on top yet. But that made me feel pretty good!

Then I was going out with my parents and one of my sisters this afternoon, just got home. But anyway, while out my mum decided she was hungry so they decided to go to the chip shop. They drove over to this amazing chip shop which is a fair distance away because they do these chips in a coating. I'd already decided that I wasn't going to eat any, no matter what. But we got there and it was closed, I couldn't help but smile smugly! Though we came to near home and they got chips and we went and sat by the river. So if it wasn't bad enough having to sit there while they ate chips which looked and smelt so good, they then got an ice cream from the ice cream van afterwards!! And to make it all worse, I'd got a bar out and meant to take it with me but forgot it, so I was starving! Only had half a shake so far today.

Have realised that I can't make my appointment with my CDC on thursday morning as I won't be back from London but she can't see me before hand so had an issue there. But have decided that as I have 4 packs a day anyway there's very little difference between that and SS+ for me.

I'm just exhausted now!! But soon I'm going over to my sisters where there'll no doubt be more temptation. While I'm proud of resisting I still feel kinda... blah. But never mind! Onwards and upwards, I'll snap myself out of it. Just glad I don't have to feel bad about eating chips and ice cream too!

That is SOME willpower Caroline!! Go you!!

If you don't mind me asking, are your mum or sisters big?

Ellie x

Well done on chip resisting, that must have been a killer!
We had a picnic today ... when i say "we" I mean hubby and the kids ate Granary cobs with ham and cheese on, crisps, ribena, and jammy dodgers... and I had a peanut bar.
I just wanted the granary cob, wasn't interested in the biscuits. My first taste of bread is going to be so sweet.
On the upside I allowed myself to have a couple of photos took with the kids, and I actually do look thinner! I usually look at myself on a picture and just feel like crying. I could actually see my jawline, lol, very nice.

Well done on chip resisting, that must have been a killer!
We had a picnic today ... when i say "we" I mean hubby and the kids ate Granary cobs with ham and cheese on, crisps, ribena, and jammy dodgers... and I had a peanut bar.
I just wanted the granary cob, wasn't interested in the biscuits. My first taste of bread is going to be so sweet..

LOL! I would be after the cob as well! I wouldn't care if I never had a biccie again, but am soo missing butties! x

well done ladies on not giving in to temptation bread is my thing at the moment and savoury not sweet stuff.
for the first time in weeks when dishing up dinner i put a plate out for myself for a moment i forgot but i remembered quick enough so i didn't eat anything i found it really strange that i would do that.

Umm... well, I'll go through my mum and sisters seperately!
My mum is a size 16, so not particularly large really.
Sister 1 is a size 12.
Sister 2 is a 14.
Sister 3 and 4 have had issues with weight. Sister 3 is an 18 now I think, and I remember her trying on an 18 recently and it didn't fit but refused to buy a 20. Sister 4 lost a lot of weight through weight watchers and the gym and is now a 14 I think.
Sister 5 is a stick. Well and truely. Probably an 8 or a 10.
All but my mum and sister 1 are pretty tall too.

So I'm definitely the biggest out of the lot.

I just spent the afternoon and evening at my sisters. Had to do some resisting there too! BBQ sausages and burgers and home made carrot cake! My eldest sister came in and saw me and was like stand up... but I wouldn't. She commented though and said that she could really see the difference. And then later asked what size I was, not that I would tell her!! But she said she thought I was a size 16 now, which I took as a compliment!!

Well done you!!! You've done fab today babes.

I've built up a big wall when temptation is lurking specially when others are about. I can do that bit for some reason. Just need to get hold of my own thoughts when I'm feeling noshy (that means craving yummy food in Ireland, not something rude:)) when I'm alone. Haven't given in yet....fingers crossed.

Seriously you have come back from Italy with a whole new attitute. I'm really impressed xxx

Just need to get hold of my own thoughts when I'm feeling noshy (that means craving yummy food in Ireland, not something rude:))

LOL! Sunshine Singer, you are funny!

Caroline, sounds like your sisters are a big mix, like mine (although I only have two - you have LOADS!).
My eldest sister is now the biggest out of us three - although she is tall - 5'8" - unlike midget me, and she has now decided to go on a diet, so maybe a bit of healthy competition will creep in! x

Back