What am I doing wrong? Please help/Advice

laurawalker85

Morning All.

4th day into my 4th week on Slimming World and so far lost 6lbs, which considering seems OK but I wish it could be more. This week I have been doing a purely super free food week literally just eating fruit, veg and super free quorn (pieces and mince) and I got on the scales this morning to have a sneak peek and I have put on 1lb!! I dont know what I'm doing wrong, has anyone else tried this, please help, I really want to lose more weight and soon, its getting me dismotivated and dont know what to do. Thanks all XxX

Which plan are you doing, red, green or EE?

It sounds like you are losing the right amount. 6lb off is fantastic!

Some things that my Consultant always tells those that are unhappy with their loss:

Make sure you are eating enough, don't starve yourself it won't work!
Could you add more exercise to your week?
Are you drinking plenty of water?
Are you follwoing the plan and not cheating?
Are you having a variety of foods?

If it's yes to all the above then the weight will come off. This diet is about losing weight in a healthy way. 6lbs in 4 weeks sounds good to me!

Oh, and try not to weigh yourself in between weigh ins, your weight will fluctuate throughout the week. It just usually demotivates!

Thank you. Well for the past three weeks I have been doing either red or green days, but this week to try and push my weight loss quicker I have been eating superfree foods which you can have on any days and that only. Water I drink 1.5litres a day, exercise I could do more but have such long hours, I dont cheat (which is frustrating seeing the slow weight loss), I eat plenty! I just dont know what more I can do. I've got a wedding to go to Aug 19th and I really wanted to lose around the just under a stone mark but that looks like its never going to happen!

Are you not having your syns then either?
Hun the SW plan isnt a quick fix it's totally changing your eating habits for life. I personally think your losses are fab, and you still have a few weigh in's to go before the wedding.

Please remember Rome wasnt built in a day. As much as we would like there to be there is no quick fix.

Keep going on plan and you'll be even more gorgeous in no time :)
x

I agree with Gracie, 1-2 lbs a week is a perfectly normal and healthy weight loss, you should be proud of your achievements so far!! My only questions is as above, are you have your syn allowance daily? This is an imperative part of the plan and you won't lose weight any quicker by not having them. They will also stop you crashing and burning later on because you won't have been deprived of those "little things" that make all the difference!

Good luck x

Yeah I am having my syns, I dont think I'd be able to do it otherwise! I have around 10-12 syns a day, and thats things like a low fat chocolate mousse etc. I know its not a quick fix but I think my problem is when I was on this diet some years ago and was used to losing around 4-5lbs a week. This I need to get it in my head that I'm older and not as energetic as used to be! At the moment I'm just praying that when I weigh myself on my official day being Monday that this extra pound comes off! Has anyone got any tips? xx

Definitely have some syns Hun, even if its just 5 a day. The syns are there for a reason so use them.
Remember to drink plenty of water too.
And most importantly STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF AT HOME! Your scales whilst at the beginning may say the same as SW, the chances are they are not calibrated and you will always fluctuate in weight anyway.
Go by the class scales.

xxx

I wi on mondays too and by yesterday I was 1lb heavier too - I think it's a mid-week thing. Just keep doing what you're doing and everything will even out by next week - it does for me anyway :)

Back