What am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by nix192, 4 February 2011 Social URL.

1. nix192

nix192 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(17.29%)
    Diet:
    pro points
    Ive got about5 stone to lose and i started counting calories about a month ago and have been having somewhere between 800 cals and 1100 cals a day.For the first couple of weeks i lost nearly a stone but since then hardly anything. I walk for at least half hour a day this is so frustrating whats wrong?:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sgcoolchick

sgcoolchick Full Member

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Diet:
    Exante now Calorie Counting
    Hi Hun, the same thing has happened to me! i was 19.12 on the 3rd jan, and now i am sticking between 19-19.2 everyday! annoying! i am eating between 800-1000 cals sometimes a little over and swimming twice a week and walking the dogs everyday! however, i do think i am shrinking in areas and I am putting it down to muscle / inch loss, am going to keep going until the end of Feb and see how much goes, if not much of a difference (i am so determined to get the otherside of 19!!) then i may give slimming world a go...see if it makes a difference, however that seems mad to me as i would be eating so much more than i am now! do you keep a food diary? i know i need to eat more fruit and veg! x

4. Cheyne

Cheyne Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.11%)
    You need to (a) count everything, and (b) aim to eat at least 1000cals/day, preferably 1200 for the weight loss to be sustained.

You need to keep your metabolism going; dont let your body go into 'starvation mode'

But - a stone in a month is about right, the weight will come off if you just keep at it.

C

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.