What annoys you about your slimming world class

feistyfluxy said:
Well, this hasn't happened in our meetings, that is for sure. :|

So you just get weighed? No talking after? The consultant doesn't go round all the members discussing how their week has been etc? cos if so, that is IMAGE therapy! It should have been explained during the new member talk about I.T as it's a crucial part of the class, and it's on the yellow board that the consultant use to explain about SW

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

I cannot imagine sw without Image therapy..

When i first walked into class and was reading the boards she had scattered about and i read about Image therapy i had some strange things run through my mind, inc standing infront of a mirror (image therapy) i was a tiny bit freaked out untill she did the new members talk..

LOL

So you just get weighed? No talking after? The consultant doesn't go round all the members discussing how their week has been etc? cos if so, that is IMAGE therapy! It should have been explained during the new member talk about I.T as it's a crucial part of the class, and it's on the yellow board that the consultant use to explain about SW

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html
We get weighed, and there is the "Doris has lost a 1/3 pound". Clap, clap, clap, clap. "Good week Doris?" "Yup, chuffed to pieces"...next person. There is a recognition of weight loss or gain. The person will reluctantly say they ate cake, then next person. Not really a motivational meeting as such. As I have said before, I tend to use the meetings more as a "competition" and a tool to get myself weighed correctly, otherwise the spurring and motivation I get is from my SW buddy that started this journey with me.

I suppose the consultant may have relaxed quite a bit as a load of the people in the meeting are actually elderly target members, so perhaps that is why it is so awkward to talk and such? Whenever I talk they laugh at me, I suppose because I will tell them about my trials and tribulations, however it is like the Oscars, you are limited to a certain time then it's the next person straight after.

feistyfluxy said:
We get weighed, and there is the "Doris has lost a 1/3 pound". Clap, clap, clap, clap. "Good week Doris?" "Yup, chuffed to pieces"...next person. There is a recognition of weight loss or gain. The person will reluctantly say they ate cake, then next person. Not really a motivational meeting as such. As I have said before, I tend to use the meetings more as a "competition" and a tool to get myself weighed correctly, otherwise the spurring and motivation I get is from my SW buddy that started this journey with me.

I suppose the consultant may have relaxed quite a bit as a load of the people in the meeting are actually elderly target members, so perhaps that is why it is so awkward to talk and such? Whenever I talk they laugh at me, I suppose because I will tell them about my trials and tribulations, however it is like the Oscars, you are limited to a certain time then it's the next person straight after.

What you've described is IT tho! You all get your chance to discuss how the week has gone-that the individual part, and then the rest, where you offer suggestions if someone is struggling etc is the Group bit!! Simples!!!

What you've described is IT tho! You all get your chance to discuss how the week has gone-that the individual part, and then the rest, where you offer suggestions if someone is struggling etc is the Group bit!! Simples!!!

I just feel maybe there could be more, you know? The group relies heavily on members having their say, and the members of my group are a quiet bunch, so not much wisdom is passed, which is a shame, considering the target members must have done something right!

I chose not to go to group anymore. The group is so large and many people stay. We had SOTW AND SOTM, but I was working to towards my body magic goals filled in the paper and never got a sticker or anything. I was pretty gutted. That and it seemed really clicky and almost seemed as people we made favorites. Maybe just my insecurity but atm im quite happy doing it at home seems to working as I have lost 15lb in four weeks which im over the moon with. I know it will start slowing down soon and If I need the extra push ill join group again, but i must say its saved me a bit of money not going and also end up spending more money when I get to group. Thanks to this handy little forum with the advice and recipies I dont feel like im missing out.

Back