What annoys you about your slimming world class

feistyfluxy said:
I personally don't trust this Lady Beige, mainly because she is quite the sneery snorter. It takes her no time to fold the bits into the paper bag they use, which to me is a tad bit suspicious. I dunno, maybe because she snorted at me I am rather peed off at her. ;)

Lol,I'm no doubt she doesn't sound pleasant,but not sure how she can actually cheat? We're only a tiny group,so the odds of winning are high,even higher when you buy two tickets. I don't rattle my pot in anyone's face either lol. X

Our weigh in lady is lovely too,she's lost 5 stone,slimmer of year,lovely lady ,guess we're lucky. I only had a problem with one bitter lady,and she went to an earlier class last week;)

feistyfluxy said:
I personally don't trust this Lady Beige, mainly because she is quite the sneery snorter. It takes her no time to fold the bits into the paper bag they use, which to me is a tad bit suspicious. I dunno, maybe because she snorted at me I am rather peed off at her. ;)

I know if it was me I'd have looked at her and made the most ludicrous story up about why I'd gained weight and announce it there and then to her just to see her face!
Or you make up the most ridiculous medical problem, like the doctor did warn you you'd put weight on because of that abnormal tissue malfunction of the flangies in you left big toe!
And then you could see how many people ask about your flangies so you'd know if she was a massive gossip too!
(I'm sorry if this makes no sence but I am very tired!)

I know if it was me I'd have looked at her and made the most ludicrous story up about why I'd gained weight and announce it there and then to her just to see her face!
Or you make up the most ridiculous medical problem, like the doctor did warn you you'd put weight on because of that abnormal tissue malfunction of the flangies in you left big toe!
And then you could see how many people ask about your flangies so you'd know if she was a massive gossip too!
(I'm sorry if this makes no sence but I am very tired!)
Hah hah, flangies! Another "Friends" lover, eh? "My left flangie is swollen"...

hi all - not really a rant , i love everything about my class and C and every1 who goes :D BUT.....................

last month i won our groups woman of the year YAY :D chuffed to bits , i had seen lots of photos on here and facebook of the winners with their sash and certificate and bunch of flowers and couldnt wait to get mine - but - i got a Certificate of achievement with my name on (not the 'official' woman of the year cert that id seen on so many pics) , and i got a pen !!! which is a lovely pen - but no sash and no flowers - i dont wanna seem ungrateful but i was a lil bit like 'oh' :( ... was just wondering if there was any1 who could help me out on what ur supposed to get or is it just up to the C ??

dont wanna sound cynical but shes had builders in for months (we get updated on the builders each week!!) and since then shes stopped doing SOTM and hardly any print outs of recipes etc cos her house is 'bedlam with the builders in) .................. i think shes mint and really supportive and i love the classes ........ but im gutted i didnt get my sash n flowers n proper certificate !!!! Rant over :D xxxxxxxxxx

The clapping gets me, if someone has lost a remakable amount I'm all for it, but I don't want a round of applause for losing half a pound, but a big cheer for losing five pound is good. Also having to wait for what seems like hours for the group to start after weighing, I think the group could do with some more men...

hi all - not really a rant , i love everything about my class and C and every1 who goes :D BUT.....................

last month i won our groups woman of the year YAY :D chuffed to bits , i had seen lots of photos on here and facebook of the winners with their sash and certificate and bunch of flowers and couldnt wait to get mine - but - i got a Certificate of achievement with my name on (not the 'official' woman of the year cert that id seen on so many pics) , and i got a pen !!! which is a lovely pen - but no sash and no flowers - i dont wanna seem ungrateful but i was a lil bit like 'oh' :( ... was just wondering if there was any1 who could help me out on what ur supposed to get or is it just up to the C ??

dont wanna sound cynical but shes had builders in for months (we get updated on the builders each week!!) and since then shes stopped doing SOTM and hardly any print outs of recipes etc cos her house is 'bedlam with the builders in) .................. i think shes mint and really supportive and i love the classes ........ but im gutted i didnt get my sash n flowers n proper certificate !!!! Rant over :D xxxxxxxxxx
That is a bit pants, especially if you have done so incredibly well and just get the same recognition as a slimmer of the week kind of thing. Pants I say!!! If it's any consolation, I'm sending an imaginary sash to you. ;)

ShinyShimmy said:

I would be tempted email SW and ask? Our Con gave flowers and sash and made a big fuss x

I'd be tempted to slap the daft b1tch in the face! I would be complaining to the consult and requesting to be weighed by someone else. May seem petty but I bet everyone else is thinking what you do and will speak up if you do.

- - - I would be complaining to the consult and requesting to be weighed by someone else. - - -

Anyone can request that they be weighed by the consultant herself (or himself). If the consultant asks why, you could say that the weighing person makes you feel uncomfortable, and give examples. The consultant might not know what a bad impression the weighing person is giving.

This thread is absolutely fantastic! As a member of my own group, i know what I like or don't like but i am also a consultant who really appreciates feedback i can use.
Belive it or not i actually googled this topic in order to better my group and have found it SO useful. Thank you.
I'm so sorry to read of any negative situations and i hope i can be of some help. Us consultants rely on the trust, openmindedness and honesty of you guys along with the fantastic plan to get the group buzz going and keep you all motivated and inspired to achieve the success we know you can. If youre not happy with the way the social team works...challege it...but do it from the inside. offer your time to help and be the new smiling face that greets people at weigh, pay or shop. Take in packets of things you like and tell everyone. Share your own personal struggles or questions and see how everyone helps! Openly express interest on food tasting (imagone hosting an American supper that no one brings food too....that can sometimes be the fear for new consultants i dont mind telling you. Clap the loudest. Respect eachother. Celebrate with eachother. Imagine how good your groups will be when you all do this! at my group, we have slimmer of the week, slimmer of the month, we play for points keeping the team spirit alive, we have 2 raffles EVERY week, food tasting, party nights, group competitions where the group pics their winner, image therapy, shared recipes and news, club 10 awards, all other awards for weight loss and body magic. we have great weight losses and a great time. Although i work very hard, its my members that keep group as amazing as it is. Be the positive change in yours. Happy slimming and all the best. Hannah xx

I prefered WW classes...

I hate the 'happy clapping' of slimming world, going around every person in the room gets a bit boring for me after the 3rd person. The points thing they do in teams annoys me aswell, along with the bown of old fruit that some people bring in for the slimmer of the week. Its for this reason I would rather not pay to be weighed and do it alone at home. I appreciate lots of people love this style of group, its just not for me.

I must say when I went to WW I used to LOVE the classes (despite the diet not being for me - didn't lose much on WW at all!). I loved that they had a different topic each week, for example 'swimming', 'eating out' etc. They also had a little magazine with more details about the topic of the week, motivational tips and a weekly recipe (which sometimes the consultant/leader brought in for us). They also used to do a raffle which was £5 or £7 worth of stuff from the sales table. Some people used to get approached if they had a weight loss, asked how they did so well etc, which focused on the positives. I used to come out of class feeling really motivated! Just a shame I hated the concept of the diet!

Thanks for reading,

Tazzy x

I must say when I went to WW I used to LOVE the classes (despite the diet not being for me - didn't lose much on WW at all!). I loved that they had a different topic each week, for example 'swimming', 'eating out' etc. They also had a little magazine with more details about the topic of the week, motivational tips and a weekly recipe (which sometimes the consultant/leader brought in for us). They also used to do a raffle which was £5 or £7 worth of stuff from the sales table. Some people used to get approached if they had a weight loss, asked how they did so well etc, which focused on the positives. I used to come out of class feeling really motivated! Just a shame I hated the concept of the diet!

Tazzy x

That's what *most* SW classes *do*. Sounds like you had a pretty substandard class :( Your description of SW sounds pretty much like my experience of WW. :rolleyes: You get good and bad consultants on every type of plan...

That's what *most* SW classes *do*. Sounds like you had a pretty substandard class :( Your description of SW sounds pretty much like my experience of WW. :rolleyes: You get good and bad consultants on every type of plan...

Yeah its such a shame really. Been to about four different groups in my area of the past 8 years or so, with a different consultant at each and they were all the same. I went back to one at the start of this year to give it another chance and the only thing that was different was they used an electronic machine to tell everyones weight and did that group points thing which I'm not keen on. If I move area I will probably give class another go

Tazzy x

I remember when I first went on my SW meeting, I was greeted with a table filled with food. My friend who is my SW buddy and I just looked at each other wondering what the hell was going on, lol! Now, having gone several times, I find that what really motivates me is the research I do myself, and how my buddy and I egg each other on to lose. The clapping does nothing, the reading out how much one has lost does little. There is very little food education in these meetings, something I am very interested in.

Frankly, I'm not gonna get a lot out of a 70 year old lady telling the group she loves biscuits too much hence she gained her lbs in weight. Nobody has bothered to educate the sweet lady about biscuits, trans fats and refined sugars. This I think is one major flaw about SW, the lack of dietary education from a nutrition point of view.

I really like my SW group, My consultant is lovely, she is full of advice and facts and she is really good @ giving advice when needed.

I am part of the Social team, and i usually weigh people although have been on shop lately due to the lady who used to do it taking some time of from sw..
I really enjoy weighing people, i make an effort to smile and say hello, asking people how their week has been (usually i am told I dont know, will let you know once i've been on the scales.. :p )
If they have had a gain i will tell them in a dignified way, or usually they will tell me first.. lol x
If they had stayed the same, I will tell them they have maintained their weightloss.

My C does her welcome meeting first, sometimes it takes a while for Image Therapy to start, but i dont mind as it gives me time to make a cuppa after weighing or doing shop.

Our group are friendly and a few ladies take it in turns to do the raffle, it's always done in the same pink box every week so we all know where it goes.
The C brings in the raffle prizes and she has some really good ideas, be it a recipe and the ingredients or it could be food storage, or something to do with body magic etc..
The raffle money pays for the Tea and coffee and the raffle prize.

We have SOTW and SOTM and have a SOTW basket which most people contribute too ( when they remember, I confess i have been guilty of forgetting in the past..!!)
The SOTW and M get a certificate and magnet.

Image therapy usually takes around a hour although it can overun as our group does tend to natter.

My main negative is that some people chatter to each other while the C is trying to talk someone, which is rude and really annoying.

My C will go round the whole group and discuss each persons week be it a gain or loss or M
we all clap a loss, sometimes clap a gain if the person feels really down and has had a really bad week, just for some motivation.

the group is also set out nicely, c has a table in the middle, where she will scatter recipe cards and mags open at diff pages, she has the raffle prize on there too, and then she has diff things like low syn meal ideas (like super noodles, ready meal packets, rice time etc with all the syn info on it)
Or she will have diff little themes, the other week she had little storage boxes with ceral in each box, weighed and measured to the correct amount, so we could get a realistic view of what the potion looked like

:)

I really enjoy going to my group :)

JenXx said:
I really like my SW group, My consultant is lovely, she is full of advice and facts and she is really good @ giving advice when needed.

I am part of the Social team, and i usually weigh people although have been on shop lately due to the lady who used to do it taking some time of from sw..
I really enjoy weighing people, i make an effort to smile and say hello, asking people how their week has been (usually i am told I dont know, will let you know once i've been on the scales.. :p )
If they have had a gain i will tell them in a dignified way, or usually they will tell me first.. lol x
If they had stayed the same, I will tell them they have maintained their weightloss.

My C does her welcome meeting first, sometimes it takes a while for Image Therapy to start, but i dont mind as it gives me time to make a cuppa after weighing or doing shop.

Our group are friendly and a few ladies take it in turns to do the raffle, it's always done in the same pink box every week so we all know where it goes.
The C brings in the raffle prizes and she has some really good ideas, be it a recipe and the ingredients or it could be food storage, or something to do with body magic etc..
The raffle money pays for the Tea and coffee and the raffle prize.

We have SOTW and SOTM and have a SOTW basket which most people contribute too ( when they remember, I confess i have been guilty of forgetting in the past..!!)
The SOTW and M get a certificate and magnet.

Image therapy usually takes around a hour although it can overun as our group does tend to natter.

My main negative is that some people chatter to each other while the C is trying to talk someone, which is rude and really annoying.

My C will go round the whole group and discuss each persons week be it a gain or loss or M
we all clap a loss, sometimes clap a gain if the person feels really down and has had a really bad week, just for some motivation.

the group is also set out nicely, c has a table in the middle, where she will scatter recipe cards and mags open at diff pages, she has the raffle prize on there too, and then she has diff things like low syn meal ideas (like super noodles, ready meal packets, rice time etc with all the syn info on it)
Or she will have diff little themes, the other week she had little storage boxes with ceral in each box, weighed and measured to the correct amount, so we could get a realistic view of what the potion looked like

:)

I really enjoy going to my group :)

That's really lovely to hear! So pleased you enjoy it. Well done on your positive attitude Xx

Back