What annoys you about your slimming world class

just been reading and the .5 should only be missing if ur 20st or above sorry if this has already been said my class seems fine but only been once so fingers x'd :) xx

some people have been saying they are miffed that scales say 2lb loss but pda says they have only lost 1.5 apparently the 2 in 20sts or above takes up too much room and thats why im not good with words so if ya still dont get ill try and explain better :)

emma3662 said:
some people have been saying they are miffed that scales say 2lb loss but pda says they have only lost 1.5 apparently the 2 in 20sts or above takes up too much room and thats why im not good with words so if ya still dont get ill try and explain better :)

If you had quoted the original post in your reply then it would have made more sense-out of context it didn't make any sense whatsoever-hence my question! Thanks for explaining tho! :)
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Last edited:
ur welcome - i think!

I love some of the comments on this thread lol.

I love my SW class and our new consultant. The old consultant was really nice too but I did have some issues. If i was a consultant for any weight loss class, I would push the premise that good healthy, natural food is much better for you instead of showing off packet after packet after packet of processed-just-add-water rubbish that is full of additives and salt and has a list of ingredients half a mile long! Slimming world should be about making HEALTHIER choices, not just lower fat ones.

I know these foods have their place and can be enjoyed in moderation, but its swapping the issue of high calorie consumption with one equally as risky. If a numpty like me with poor cooking skills can eat healthily anyone can!!

Our c is really supportive, friendly and helpful. She does her newbie talk at the beginning which is a good opportunity to have a chat with the other regulars.

My only gripe is with her social team. The one that take your money, do the weigh ins and run the "shop" selling the mags, hi-fi bars etc. Only one of them stay to IM. Our c is such a lovely person even texting us while she`s on holiday.

I feel that her social team should be more supportive and stay to IM. Don`t know how they get chosen but maybe they should be replaced if they can`t be bothered to stay.

my group is fab but the woman who weighs us in is a right misery guts and if you've had a bad week and get a gain she gives you a dirty look and screws her mouth up so it looks like a hen's bum oley and just says "gain" in such a snivelly manner it makes me want to scream!
My friend had an operation and still went to weigh in just 2 days later, she had a 5lb gain ( swelling due to the op) and the woman was horrible, my friend left in tears.
I've decided the next time she does it I'm putting in a complaint to our woman.

my group is fab but the woman who weighs us in is a right misery guts and if you've had a bad week and get a gain she gives you a dirty look and screws her mouth up so it looks like a hen's bum oley and just says "gain" in such a snivelly manner it makes me want to scream!
My friend had an operation and still went to weigh in just 2 days later, she had a 5lb gain ( swelling due to the op) and the woman was horrible, my friend left in tears.
I've decided the next time she does it I'm putting in a complaint to our woman.
That is so not on. The classes are for encouragement, not bloody condemnation, especially if your friend has had an operation - that is pure arrogance and ignorance. That "lady" needs a slap on the wrist and probably a course in human interaction.

GrannieAnnie said:
Our c is really supportive, friendly and helpful. She does her newbie talk at the beginning which is a good opportunity to have a chat with the other regulars.

My only gripe is with her social team. The one that take your money, do the weigh ins and run the "shop" selling the mags, hi-fi bars etc. Only one of them stay to IM. Our c is such a lovely person even texting us while she`s on holiday.

I feel that her social team should be more supportive and stay to IM. Don`t know how they get chosen but maybe they should be replaced if they can`t be bothered to stay.

I don't think they get chosen, it's just if people want to help they ask, at an old group I went to the C didn't have a social team and I kept getting talked into taking the money, didn't mind now and again but I like having a chat with people before IT.. I know that's selfish!

The people on the social team are great at the group I go to now, perhaps you could volunteer your services cos it could be that they don't want to do it but don't want to let your C down as she is so nice, perhaps if there are more people doing it you could all rotate and take turns they might change they're attitude then.. I said might lol! X

I don't think they get chosen, it's just if people want to help they ask, at an old group I went to the C didn't have a social team and I kept getting talked into taking the money, didn't mind now and again but I like having a chat with people before IT.. I know that's selfish!

The people on the social team are great at the group I go to now, perhaps you could volunteer your services cos it could be that they don't want to do it but don't want to let your C down as she is so nice, perhaps if there are more people doing it you could all rotate and take turns they might change they're attitude then.. I said might lol! X
That is interesting to know. Our C is very supportive, but she doesn't really do anything beforehand, so she can focus on new members or chat with people. The target members (90% of them are over 55) are her minions, so she has a person taking charge of the selling of goods, another for membership payments, another to weighing, and my nemesis "Lady Beige" who does that raffle and I am pretty sure, considering the same people win all the time that she rigs the damned thing!

feistyfluxy said:
That is interesting to know. Our C is very supportive, but she doesn't really do anything beforehand, so she can focus on new members or chat with people. The target members (90% of them are over 55) are her minions, so she has a person taking charge of the selling of goods, another for membership payments, another to weighing, and my nemesis "Lady Beige" who does that raffle and I am pretty sure, considering the same people win all the time that she rigs the damned thing!

I'd love it if one day you said you'd help her out by running the raffle and see who wins then lol!

Honestly the group I go to the social team are lovely but then as far as I'm aware the C treats them well, I'm sure she either had them around for dinner or took them out recently but when I visit other groups they look like they don't want to be there.. So why are they?! X

I cannot abide all that blooming happy clapping !

OK people who have had a fantastic weight loss that week after doing the plan for a number of week - clap clap - excellent.

but at our group you clap if the person has attended even though they had gained 3lb's on holiday :cry: I cannot stand it any longer and consequently I moved group./

I don't stay to this group as its at a difficult time - I did stay the first week and there was a lot less happy clapping - so I will try and stay to class at least once a month. I really do need the classes otherwise I will regain all my weight.

I hated the clapping too. I dont go to group anymore.. Doing it alone.

There were also members that had been going for ages and they acted like they were the consultants.

Our C wasnt encouraging either. I went to mcdonalds once and had a diet coke and i saw her wirh a large big mac meal OMG

I wasnt getting anything from it

X

feistyfluxy said:

Can I just say when I joined SW 16 weeks ago,the area manager was there,she asked me to join my Cons help team,I'm money/ raffle lady for our group. I also stay when I can for an hour to help my Con put tables and chairs and stuff away.

I'm smiley and helpful lol, but I also take part and stay to class, this includes me joining in with the raffle , i didn't win for 6 weeks or so,then I won week after week for a few weeks,which got a little embarrassing ,but I had paid for two tickets. I always feel paranoid about people thinking it's fixed :(. people buy tickets i fold them tiny and put them in a tub in front of the person. My Con draws the raffle. So I can't see how anyone can fix it. I'm giving my paid for time up to help the Con and others, instead of being able to sit with slimming buddies and natter,I would hate to think people thought that about me x

Ours is the same you win a fruit basket and everyone brings an item of fruit/veg and slimmer of the week takes it home.

Last edited:
aesir22 said:
I love some of the comments on this thread lol.

I love my SW class and our new consultant. The old consultant was really nice too but I did have some issues. If i was a consultant for any weight loss class, I would push the premise that good healthy, natural food is much better for you instead of showing off packet after packet after packet of processed-just-add-water rubbish that is full of additives and salt and has a list of ingredients half a mile long! Slimming world should be about making HEALTHIER choices, not just lower fat ones.

I know these foods have their place and can be enjoyed in moderation, but its swapping the issue of high calorie consumption with one equally as risky. If a numpty like me with poor cooking skills can eat healthily anyone can!!

This bugs me too! Each week the raffle has batchelors pasta n sauce, noodles, options etc. I don't eat any of that, as I don't really like what I call fake food. I got fat eating real food but too much sugar and fat lol. But they shake the raffle box under my nose and i feel self conscious not buying any. But I don't eat it!

There's 3 guys in group, 2 of which only have cooked food if their wife makes it. One was complaining last week that mug shots and super noodles don't fill him up at lunch time. I had to resist screaming "then make something for lunch you numpty". I think he reminded me a little too much of my wx boyfriend, who i swear would've got scurvy if i didnt make his dinner. So I kept quiet lol

I agree, those things should have their place as extras, not an integral part of our diet.

The venue is always freezing cold even when we had that heat wave, in all fairness though our C is always saying she's trying to move us but struggling to find another suitable venue as the building she moved out of last has since been demolished.

I just thought I'd pipe in!

I have nothing against anyone of any size but there's what I've nick named the skinny group they all wi less than 9 st (I'm on the social team and weigh people in is how I know) but they are so snidey and *****y laughing at our enthusiastic and slightly dippy c or rolling their eyes at other group members!

I have no problem with them coming and wanting to loose (even though I'd be over the moon at 9st!) but they don't need to be complete *****es whilst they are there ! Luckily my c is a bit naive and doesn't realise they are taking the p!!

Also I'm on the social team and I stay when I can but I'm a shift worker Which can mean some day I can't stay - and I don't think I should be replaced bc of it! Just bc I'm on the social team doesn't mean I don't have other commitments some of the time :( xx

Can I just say when I joined SW 16 weeks ago,the area manager was there,she asked me to join my Cons help team,I'm money/ raffle lady for our group. I also stay when I can for an hour to help my Con put tables and chairs and stuff away.

I'm smiley and helpful lol, but I also take part and stay to class, this includes me joining in with the raffle , i didn't win for 6 weeks or so,then I won week after week for a few weeks,which got a little embarrassing ,but I had paid for two tickets. I always feel paranoid about people thinking it's fixed :(. people buy tickets i fold them tiny and put them in a tub in front of the person. My Con draws the raffle. So I can't see how anyone can fix it. I'm giving my paid for time up to help the Con and others, instead of being able to sit with slimming buddies and natter,I would hate to think people thought that about me x
I personally don't trust this Lady Beige, mainly because she is quite the sneery snorter. It takes her no time to fold the bits into the paper bag they use, which to me is a tad bit suspicious. I dunno, maybe because she snorted at me I am rather peed off at her. ;)

Back