What annoys you about your slimming world class

I think I have been to most of the classes around the area!! I re-joined a local class a few weeks ago and the consultant was cr*p (she has just started but has no motivation and was in a previous class that I used to attend, she hasn't lost a stone yet!) Not because of the C, but I wasn't able to go back so last week, I went to a class that I haven't been to for 7 years. The C is still the same, and whilst she has put some weight back on, she was very welcoming and still knew who I was! In class, she didn't use the reader but tbh, I found this better as she had time to do a talk (albeit she said she hadn't planned due to illness) and she went round to every individual that had stayed to class and get their weight loss/gain results. Time will tell if she still runs her class as she did 7 years ago!

Our consultant does the 'newbie' talk as we are getting weighed in then we sit there waiting for her to finish talking to them - 45minutes we waited thursday night :rolleyes:

This seems to be the norm now at Slimming World meetings! I did Slimming World 13 years' ago and they always did the new members talk at the end; which I thought was much fairer for the regular members.

I notice you are from Essex - whereabouts do you go to meetings - just curious as I also live in Essex.

I think I have been to most of the classes around the area!! I re-joined a local class a few weeks ago and the consultant was cr*p (she has just started but has no motivation and was in a previous class that I used to attend, she hasn't lost a stone yet!) Not because of the C, but I wasn't able to go back so last week, I went to a class that I haven't been to for 7 years. The C is still the same, and whilst she has put some weight back on, she was very welcoming and still knew who I was! In class, she didn't use the reader but tbh, I found this better as she had time to do a talk (albeit she said she hadn't planned due to illness) and she went round to every individual that had stayed to class and get their weight loss/gain results. Time will tell if she still runs her class as she did 7 years ago!

I'm glad it's not just me who does the round of consultants to find a consultant who is good at her job! I woke up this morning really questioning whether it was just me?? Thanks for the reassurance that you know exactly where I'm coming from!:D

I'm glad it's not just me who does the round of consultants to find a consultant who is good at her job! I woke up this morning really questioning whether it was just me?? Thanks for the reassurance that you know exactly where I'm coming from!:D

No, definately not just you! There are another couple of consultants I like and if it fails on a Tuesday, I will give them a try!! Problem is, these C's are so popular, their classes are huge. Other than that, there are loads of classes around here but the C's are rubbish!

No, definately not just you! There are another couple of consultants I like and if it fails on a Tuesday, I will give them a try!! Problem is, these C's are so popular, their classes are huge. Other than that, there are loads of classes around here but the C's are rubbish!

Yes before I moved in with hubby; I had the best consultant on the planet - she regularly e mailed me support and really motivated you. Her groups were massive but well worth attending. I'd love to go back to her group but without my own transport unfortunately it's not possible. We're unlucky as the area in which I live has only about 4 consultants for the entire area! I've tried the other 3 consultants; so I'm hoping it will be 4th time lucky on Tuesday!

Its awful you all feel this way! This is not what SW is all about at all. To clarify all new member talks are at the beginning. So a class starting at 7pm would have new members talk 7pm - 7.30pm. During this 30 mins existing members pay & weigh. Your welcome to come at any time in this 30mins. If you do not want to wait around 30 mins come at 7.25 etc. Its impossible to weigh 50 people at the same time. This 30 min window keeps a steady pace. Image Therapy then starts at 7.30 prompt! Members in my group know from the outset this is how group runs and its not an issue and works well. I feel its best to avoid the coffee cup brigade and ask your consultant for a few minutes. Wether thats in group where possible (although this is not always possible) via email, phone. Explain how you feel and see what you can come up with. Your consultant may not even realise what he/she is missing, doing wrong etc. Your group should have a group schedule board on display clearly showing group process and timings. Don't give up, its a team effort!

The one thing i dont like is there is nothing other then the weights and raffels (and sow som) done at our image therepy, I would love for some hints and tips

The one thing i dont like is there is nothing other then the weights and raffels (and sow som) done at our image therepy, I would love for some hints and tips

If you need tips ask for them during your bit at image therapy, or share some new tips, you gotta give to recieve. The only way you can ensure your group does what you want it to is to ask and share.

Shrimpy said:
If you need tips ask for them during your bit at image therapy, or share some new tips, you gotta give to recieve. The only way you can ensure your group does what you want it to is to ask and share.

I absolutely agree, I think the word group is sometimes forgotten. My group at times never share anything. When I first joined I was eager to learn yet no one spoke. I share as much as I can and help new members where possible as it can feel terrifying when you know nobody and feel like the new person invading a room full of friends.

Becky xxx 3.5 stone lost another 2 stone to tackle!

What's image therapy? I think I know but wanted to check

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The bit where the consultant goes around the group and discuss your week.

consultants

I don't like the way the consultants promote the SW stuff, I suppose they work for them but no need to keep hammering:D

Our consultant does the 'newbie' talk as we are getting weighed in then we sit there waiting for her to finish talking to them - 45minutes we waited thursday night :rolleyes:
that is THE most annoying thing ever , i hate it... can not understand why it cant be done after the meeting like ww... i suppose if we didnt arrive as early we wouldnt have to wait as long , but if you have kids with you there is only so long you can wait around

i went to a group 4 years ago and i would love to go back to that group. the consultant was fab but i used to go with my mother in law who lives about 15 minutes drive away, i don't drive so my OH had to take me and bring the kids with him and it was usually their bedtime.
There wasnt anything i didnt like about the group!
There were some members there who were in their 60's, 2 sisters, and they had the same 2lbs on and off for months and months, they used to laugh about it and i think SW was just like a social evening for them! The group was big but everyone spoke to each other so when the C did the newbie chat it didnt matter as we all had a cup of tea and a chat between ourselves. Our C did SOW, SOM, raffles, taster sessions and loads of great things :)

The most irritating thing about class, is the fact that everyone just babbles along whilst the C is trying to talk!

i went to a group 4 years ago and i would love to go back to that group. the consultant was fab but i used to go with my mother in law who lives about 15 minutes drive away, i don't drive so my OH had to take me and bring the kids with him and it was usually their bedtime.
There wasnt anything i didnt like about the group!
There were some members there who were in their 60's, 2 sisters, and they had the same 2lbs on and off for months and months, they used to laugh about it and i think SW was just like a social evening for them! The group was big but everyone spoke to each other so when the C did the newbie chat it didnt matter as we all had a cup of tea and a chat between ourselves. Our C did SOW, SOM, raffles, taster sessions and loads of great things :)

That so sounds like the consultant I went to before meeting DH. Like you I wish I could return to her group; but not possible without having own transport.:cry:

The most irritating thing about class, is the fact that everyone just babbles along whilst the C is trying to talk!

Definitely - it drives you mad - especially when you miss something she says because you can't hear her. I also think it's disrepectful to the consultant.

I've just had a phonecall from the new Consultant I'm going to on Tuesday - the good news is she sounds like a really good consultant and was so supportive of me - the bad news is that she will only be at that group until July.:cry:

Shrimpy said:
The bit where the consultant goes around the group and discuss your week.

I thought so. Ive only been going a few weeks and was annoyed as the first week the C did it and I'd gained 2lbs and the second week didn't and I'd lost 8lbs. Typical.

I thought so. Ive only been going a few weeks and was annoyed as the first week the C did it and I'd gained 2lbs and the second week didn't and I'd lost 8lbs. Typical.

That's not right!:( Well done for an amazing weight loss!:clap::clap: Bet your clothes are starting to fall off you already!:D

Back