What annoys you about your slimming world class

aliscrapper said:
That's not right!:( Well done for an amazing weight loss!:clap::clap: Bet your clothes are starting to fall off you already!:D

Not quite yet but soon hopefully. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I feel so lucky that we have such a good group, my C always makes time for people (although it's harder when there are new members but you catch her at the end), she sends emails but not all the time so you don't feel inundated.

The groups are large (she has 3 sessions) but are always a giggle, we do go through losses but she asks if people have got tips, recipes etc to share.

I weighed in elsewhere last week due to shifts and it made me appreciate even more how good she is.

I was a member at a different group a couple of years ago and hardy lost any weight, the C didn't motivate me at all, anyway a girl joined our group a few months ago, and she used to be at my old group until it closed down, she had been a member all that time (about 3 years +) and has lost a stone (she has about 10 stone to lose), she has come to this group and keeps losing 1/2lb-1lb putting on 4lb and it's a vicious circle, she cheats (as I used to in the old group) but now this C speaks to her about it she doesn't like it and won't stay to meetings. I feel sorry for her and want to help her but don't know where to start in case she is offended.

She must want to lose weight or else she surely wouldn't come, I'm considering saying let's do a diary swap, and I'll give her mine for the week and she can give me hers or swapping numbers and getting her to text me when she is about to eat doritos (one of her downfalls) but not sure as she is quite intense whether I could handle that! X

meeting

that is THE most annoying thing ever , i hate it... can not understand why it cant be done after the meeting like ww...

Why don't you speak to your consultant about it? You can raise it with her and I am sure she will listen rather than lose you lot. I must say our consultant was lovely she knew eveyone's first names, made everyone feel special. I believe, the morning meetings are attended by older people who are looking for company.
Evening meetings are attended mainly by
working people who get weighed and leave:D

I feel so lucky that we have such a good group, my C always makes time for people (although it's harder when there are new members but you catch her at the end), she sends emails but not all the time so you don't feel inundated.

The groups are large (she has 3 sessions) but are always a giggle, we do go through losses but she asks if people have got tips, recipes etc to share.

I weighed in elsewhere last week due to shifts and it made me appreciate even more how good she is.

I was a member at a different group a couple of years ago and hardy lost any weight, the C didn't motivate me at all, anyway a girl joined our group a few months ago, and she used to be at my old group until it closed down, she had been a member all that time (about 3 years +) and has lost a stone (she has about 10 stone to lose), she has come to this group and keeps losing 1/2lb-1lb putting on 4lb and it's a vicious circle, she cheats (as I used to in the old group) but now this C speaks to her about it she doesn't like it and won't stay to meetings. I feel sorry for her and want to help her but don't know where to start in case she is offended.

She must want to lose weight or else she surely wouldn't come, I'm considering saying let's do a diary swap, and I'll give her mine for the week and she can give me hers or swapping numbers and getting her to text me when she is about to eat doritos (one of her downfalls) but not sure as she is quite intense whether I could handle that! X

That sounds like a really caring thing to do - why not go with the diary swap and then take things from there - at least that way you wouldn't have given her your mobile number if you think she might be too intense.

I hate it when they say:airquote: you have had a little gain wher you expecting that!:airquote:in front of the class and wait for an explanation!

I hate it when they say:airquote: you have had a little gain wher you expecting that!:airquote:in front of the class and wait for an explanation!

I hate that too - some consultants just say "how was your week" when you've gained which allows you to say as little or as much as you like and is much nicer I think!

I always offer my tips during image therepy lol sometimes i think maybe too much haha
My problem is I dont know what i need tips for untill i get to the point where i think oh **** i could of done with some help there lol and its too late lol i would love it if we had a bit of a topic led discussion each week

as for other people speaking over your C during image therepy, some of ours try and do that out C just tells them to stop becuse its disrespectful because they wouldnt like it when they have there turn lol

and our C during image therepy if you gain asks how you felt and just tells everyone your overall weight loss and how you felt that week
where you can just say pants haha and leave it at that lol infact last week she put pants week for alot of people lol

I go to quite a large class but towards the end people start talking to each other so that the con can't speak to the ones left without having to shout. I find it really rude. If they can't respect others who haven't had a achance they should leave once they've had their turn.

when people 'share' in a large room to lots of people and speak just above a whisper and go on t length but no-one can flaming hear them! They can't be shy as they say so much!

The fact that the leader is not exactly slim, no offense but if she is meant to be at the forfront of selling how good SW world I think they need to be looking good themselves and also my C banged on about how p**sed she gets on a regular basis, I just don't think it is very good when they are doing the role of support and role modelling.

I absolutely HATE when people start their own wee discussions in group when the consultant is talking, its extremely rude and VERY annoying! I also hate when children who are brought to the group are noisy and think its a playgroup! I pay £5 every week to have some quiet time away from my own children and to get weighed and have a discussion with ADULTS! I don't mind if people have to bring their children (i've had to twice) as long as they control them and don't let them run riot!

My consultant is brilliant, I really enjoy class, I just wish she would tell people to keep quiet when she is talking but she's too nice to do that!

The fact that the leader is not exactly slim, no offense but if she is meant to be at the forfront of selling how good SW world I think they need to be looking good themselves and also my C banged on about how p**sed she gets on a regular basis, I just don't think it is very good when they are doing the role of support and role modelling.
sorry if i offened anyone

Last edited:
ye , my consultant has lost 2 stone... most of the peolple in our class have lost more than that, and tbh she could do with losing a bit more

My C is a size 18, fair enough she has lost a lot of weight but she seems to have a lot of slip ups. I don't find it helpful and it can be very of putting. I would not mind if it is just an occasional thing as she is human, and it is nice to know that you are not alone when you muck up. But it seems like a regular occurance at least 2-3 times a week and that is not including her regular meet ups with other members of the group to get blastered and end up telling the whole group in detail. I just CBA with it and perfer to do it alone now.

My C is a size 18, fair enough she has lost a lot of weight but she seems to have a lot of slip ups. I don't find it helpful and it can be very of putting. I would not mind if it is just an occasional thing as she is human, and it is nice to know that you are not alone when you muck up. But it seems like a regular occurance at least 2-3 times a week and that is not including her regular meet ups with other members of the group to get blastered and end up telling the whole group in detail. I just CBA with it and perfer to do it alone now.

I put on about 10 pound over the Christmas period - got weighed in - when there was only a handful of us that bothered to get weighed in and my consultant said "it just shows how much weight you can put on quickly". I lost the weight in 8 weeks. My Consultant was still trying to lose her 6 pound gain in June of the following year! I was also not allowed to be entered for Slimmer of the Week for 2 months' because of the size of my gain!:mad: Hence why I left that group!

farmer me said:
ye , my consultant has lost 2 stone... most of the peolple in our class have lost more than that, and tbh she could do with losing a bit more

I find that a bit disrespectful! The beauty with SW is that you chose your own target! Have you ever taken the time to consider she maybe happy like she is now!

lsf666 said:
I thought so. Ive only been going a few weeks and was annoyed as the first week the C did it and I'd gained 2lbs and the second week didn't and I'd lost 8lbs. Typical.

It also stands Individual Motivation And Group Experience(IMAGE)

when people 'share' in a large room to lots of people and speak just above a whisper and go on t length but no-one can flaming hear them! They can't be shy as they say so much!

Not necessarily anything to do with shyness. Some people are just more quietly spoken, and if you are not used to public speaking then you may not realise how loudly you have to speak to make yourself heard in a larger room. After all when do we ever hear ourself speak? If you can't hear then tell them and ask if they can speak up.

after reading the whole 8 pages, i'm glad i joined SW online. I get my support and encouragement from minis x

Welshtigger said:
It also stands Individual Motivation And Group Experience(IMAGE)

Oh right. Thanks :)

Back