What annoys you about your slimming world class

I see what you mean big bear. It should still be mentioned quietly though and it wasn't to me or anyone else. We need our stickers.:D

The only rant I have is that our C tends to chat about non SW related things, she is fun and has a great SOH but I would like to hear about recipes, new products and listen to other people's journeys. She tends to flit through people very quickly. When anyone asks a question she always directs them to the SW website (which is fine) but she seems to lack a lot of SW knowledge. I text her about something I couldn't find (something to do with eating a certain meal on EE as I always followed Red/Green in the past) a few weeks back and she replied saying "try it and see what happens". Now to me she is there to help and guide me, I don't want to "try it and see what happens", I want to know if I'm following the plan correctly and felt she should really know... Maybe she's been doing it that long now she's lost interest, who knows??!!

Touch wood, nothing at the group I started last night but the last one I attended, the leader was an absolute nightmare. She was one of these Marmite people - you either like them or dislike them avidly - and I fell in to the last group.

This thread's been a good read! We should copy it and forward it to SW HQ!

I don't have many complaints about my current class but my last one was a nightmare. The consultant was that bad she's now been replaced! She used to give wrong information all of the time, would say "oh we'll do a taster" but would never arrange it, she didn't understand extra easy at all and relied on members to explain it to new members (I don't mind explaining things to new members but when you don't actually know what you're talking about how are you meant to tell a newbie about it?!?!?) aaargh she was so bad!

Really interesting read.....
At my class, they do SOTW and a raffle (usually a SW cookbook), but I've never seen SOTM. Over the summer months there has been a real fall off in the number of people staying to class, and it makes it really difficult for our C and the members who do stay to get a buzz going. I feel sorry for new members as often they are pretty much talking to one another.
My consultant is not the best, but I am really fond of her (for some reason!). Last week she asked what would improve our weightloss for the week ahead and someone said exercise - the C said, 'Oh exercise isn't for me, I don't bother with it at all'! Sometimes I also doubt her knowledge of the plan, and she constantly calls superfree foods speed foods, which is confusing for those who are getting to grips with the plan.
However, she always has time for all the members, and is good at making people feel welcome.

BTW, for the person who said the lady who weighs them never smiles, I helped out at class last night and did the weighing, and was giving off that nobody was smiling coming towards me, they all looked terrfied!!

Please bear a thought for us slow losers. I started 14 months ago and it has taken me all that time to lose 2 stone 2lbs. I would go weeks without things shifting i.e a pound a month some times but i persevered. I would hate to think of people in the group getting cross because i hadn't lost weight. People with less to lose don't have huge losses every week and hand on heart I kept to the plan as religiously as life allowed.
The times I got angry was when my previous consultant said I must be cheating and listed the things I may not have noticed I was eating such as biscuits or alcohol!! I didn't cheat but I worked out for myself that i had been eating way too much free foods like pasta, rice, yogurts and shed loads of fruit but she didn't notice that from my food diary x

I appreciate some people have slower losses but its obvious there are some people who really arent sticking to the plan from what they say they have eaten that week (ie kebab and 15 pints of lager every saturday night, and a cream cake thursday...oh and a 3 pack of wispas ..etc:rolleyes:)...then they wonder why they dont lose....it was more these type of people I was on about :cool:

If the meeting is supposed to start at 7pm, THEN WHY DOES IT START AT 7:45???

GRRRRRR, I dont think I will be able to stay to many meetings as I finish work at 6pm and dont mind waiting 30mins or so after i commute for the class to start but by the time I get home 9:30pm is just too late :(

Meetings should start when they should start, as advertised on the website. All newbies/individual questions should be dealt with afterwards, no?

Rant over ;)

If the meeting is supposed to start at 7pm, THEN WHY DOES IT START AT 7:45???

GRRRRRR, I dont think I will be able to stay to many meetings as I finish work at 6pm and dont mind waiting 30mins or so after i commute for the class to start but by the time I get home 9:30pm is just too late :(

Meetings should start when they should start, as advertised on the website. All newbies/individual questions should be dealt with afterwards, no?

Rant over ;)
It can take over 30 minutes to weigh everyone in a big group and I guess that is why the later start than advertised. i went to one group that had 40 members and took 45 minutes to weigh everyone !!

Crikey, I didnt think of that. D'oh! lol, its all about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yep, I agree with the new members talk being at the end. They could sit in on a class, get a feel for it then get talked through the plan and weighed afterwards.

My consultant was running late last week becuse new members turned up at 715pm (class is at 7pm) so the meeting didnt dtart until 750pm - some of us had been there since 7pm!!, its a long time to wait! No wonder so people dont stay to class! xx

I think the newbie chat is done when it is, so that it can be done whilst members weigh in and so the new member has some idea of whats being discussed.
I could be wrong, but, thats how I took in on Monday when I joined.

Hi we have about 50-60 members in our class which starts at 6pm till 7.30 then another class straight after that new members have their meeting with the concultant as people are paying and weighting in its over by the last person weights though then they join us we seem to be quite luck having a fantastic consultant she friendly open to any new ideas does a raffle and taster sessions and clothes swap evening i enjoy going it gets me out and motivates me (sorry i know its supposed to be what we arent happy about but cant think of anything negative)

It can take over 30 minutes to weigh everyone in a big group and I guess that is why the later start than advertised. i went to one group that had 40 members and took 45 minutes to weigh everyone !!

I dont know why they just cant start the weighing process if they are there and set up its crazy. I went 20 minutes early last week because I had to go somewhere else but didnt want to miss WI and everybody sat about for that time just waiting for 7 pm to come ... it was sooooo blooming annoying! :kissass::mad:

Last edited:
Another annoyance and mentioned in another thread today is the half pound different between their read out and the one we see -- I always think I have done better only to find out that this pesky half pound is still hanging on my a** grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi guys,

This is a very interestign thread to read. The only compaint I have about my group really is that our C doesn't really take an interest in us or know anyone's names etc. She will say (for example) - right where is Mrs Smith and then when she has read out her loss she will get all confused and go right where is Mrs Smith, Mrs Smith?? and I'm thinking you spoke to her like second ago!

Bit of a rubbish rant but she sometimes really frustrates me and when I speak she can never understand what I'm bloody saying - I think it's because she's not listening!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, the rest of the people at my group are fab - everyone had a laugh and I love it! I would hate her not to read out the losses / gains though as it is really encouraging - either way to be honest!

Another annoyance and mentioned in another thread today is the half pound different between their read out and the one we see -- I always think I have done better only to find out that this pesky half pound is still hanging on my a** grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ohhhh, I've had this loads of times, why do they read differently? I'll think I've lost 2lbs by looking at scales, then in my book they'll write 1.5lbs? Glad I'm not the only one who has had this x

Another thing that annoys me...my C is lovely but as I'm the youngest person there she is quite patronising. I'm not sure if she realises I'm 21 but she speaks to me like a child calling me a 'little slimming star' which is nice but it's quite embarrassing sometimes when said in a baby voice in front of everyone! I swear one day she's going to pinch my cheeks.
Also yesterday I lost a pound and when I told her (as I couldn't stay for group) she said 'oh is that all?' Gee thanks love, ta for the support.
Ahh well

Thats really bad!!! She really shouldnt have said that. Jeepers, where's the bloomin encouragement eh??? I read on here today someone posted 'a dripping tap still fills a bucket' which I think is great. A loss is a loss and all those half pounds add up!

Chin up chuck :) I'll try not to pinch your cheeks and ruffle your hair ;)
x

Back